So, how is it?

Dave317

i still cannot get past the first mission. Those Hinds won't answer me.

That happened 2 first times, I think it is because of the wingman is so slow, 3. time they did answer me and I landed at base as required but I dod not get success

. I do not know what trigger a successful mission

LOL After Friday patch the wingman followed my speed and no radio problems. Everything worked until I landed to get special forces in second mission. Then those elite forces ran right into my chopper and turned it 180 degrees ruining my front window and broke my front wheel.

Second attempt I landed a bit away from the green smoke and everything worked dandy.

Is it worth it? I hear you ask. Well I have only done 3 of the missions, so far yes.

If you like MI 8 transport missions, personally I liked 3. mission with sling load, I have always been rubbish doing it, but I have spent a week training on it and this was kind of fun.

I hope all the bugs is gone , I spent far too much time on bull on the first two.

• 2 weeks later...

It is not excellent in regards to quality. Especially the english translations in the briefing and radio commands are often misleading. Also the the trigger logic is not very robust, sometines you just don't trigger an event and you don't know why. However, given the price of such a campaign it is okay and you can still have some entertainment. I bought it on discount for 5 dollars. That is fairly okay for me.

Edited by JaBoG32_Prinzartus

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

played 2 missions.

so far so good but briefings and maps are extremely unsufficent. most of the time you need find out what you have to do at the last seconds.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up buying it in the sale. It's such a frustrating campaign at the moment with very limited briefings that sometimes contradict what is on your knee board. The triggers sometimes don't work and I've had to re play some of the missions a few times as I couldn't finish. It's got potential but I hope it gets some polish soon.

• 3 months later...

I just finished the campaign and enjoyed it.

I could figure out what needed to be done, though I did have to replay a couple of missions because of missed triggers when I didn't fly over the right spot. My advice would be to navigate using the radio beacons and not use the Doppler navigation based on heading and distances that are in the briefings.

While overall narrative quality and dynamism is not as high quality as the included campaign (however I saw the English mistranslations as interesting flavor) it includes some skills that weren't in "Spring Tension" like sling-loading, radio navigation, and bombing.

While there's room for improvement I think if you like flying the Mi-8 you'll like this campaign.

• 4 weeks later...

I finished it a little while back and it has problems. It's very trigger sensitive and easier to break than it should be. I'd strongly suggest playing it as individual missions rather than a campaign as several times I'm pretty sure I finished the mission but it never ended. Playing it as single missions means a success trigger to advance isn't a problem.

It is also very much bare bones, minimal communication and sometimes misinformation ( at least two frequencies swapped in notes ).

I felt though, that I was challenged to do things I hadn't done in the official campaign and fly with more care. I am certainly a better Hip driver as a result of playing these missions and for myself I'd say that was worth the price of admission.

I'm very sorry for the minor bugs in the campaign, which cause inconvenience to users. Soon there will be a patch for the campaign. Thanks for the information about the bugs.

Mi-8MTV2 The border campaign

Ka-50 2 Pandemic campaign

Mi-24P The border - prequel campaign

Asus pro gaming Z-170, i5-6600K-4.3GHz, SSD M2 NVME 1Tb, HDD 1Tb, GTX 1080Ti, RAM 32GB, Oculus Quest 2, LG Ultrawide 2560x1080.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I've bought this campaign full price to support the initiative to make campaigns for the Mi-8. I have not flown the campaign yet but do hope that a patch will be released sometimes for this autumn?

By the way, there is a review of The Border Campaign on Mudspike :

http://www.mudspike.com/dcs-the-border-campaign/

Edited by Simicro

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Armen, do you have an approximate timeframe for the release of the patch?

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

• 3 months later...

I'm curious to try it out, especially since critics are quite different. So I just bought it on sale yesterday. Overall, it's still Mi-8 and there are 15 missions, so I'm looking forward to it. I'll of course report back my experience once I played it (but I first have to finish Oilfield). And who knows, maybe Simicro will write one of his famous reviews once he also played it through.