Upgrade from retail BS1 possible?

Jimi-Jam

Hello everyone.

I've got an old retail copy of BS1 sitting on home for years.

Yesterday I wanted to scratch a flight itch and I'm thinking about returning to the hobby. I've got the stand alone A10C module that I purchased next to its release date which I installed without problems, but I've read in these forums that there is a paid upgrade to BS2. But I cannot find the upgrade on the shop, only the BS2 module on full price. Is there any discount or promotion to upgrade a copy of BS1 or I'm out of luck??

Edit: The same problem applies to Flaming Cliffs 2 which I have bought here. Is there any upgrade option to FC3?

Regards

Edited by Jimi-Jam

Is there any discount or promotion to upgrade a copy of BS1 or I'm out of luck??

You are out of luck, the upgrade path from BS1 --> BS2 was removed from sale several years ago.

Edit: The same problem applies to Flaming Cliffs 2 which I have bought here. Is there any upgrade option to FC3?

IIRC there was never a discount for FC2 owners but FC2 ownership was a requirement until DCS 1.2.7 due to licensing agreements with Ubisoft.

IIRC any discount was usually equal to the price when on sale and ED run several each year i.e. there might be another near Spring-Easter if you'd like to wait, but there are no guarantees.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

I think it is now a free upgrade to BS2, contact ED support

If you already have the "Black Shark 2 Upgrade" for BS1 --> BS2, you can exchange your BS1 and Upgrade keys for a full Black Shark 2 retail key.

Owning a copy of BS1 (2008 ) in and of itself isn't sufficient to get the upgraded BS2 (2011).

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3455693&postcount=1

AFAIK the OP is looking to purchase "Black Shark 2 Upgrade" as he has a copy of the original "DCS: Black Shark", as explained the "KA-50bs1" upgrade is no longer sold and owners of the original BS1 can only buy the full version of BS2 with no requirement to install the previous game.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

AFAIK the OP is looking to purchase "Black Shark 2 Upgrade" as he has a copy of the original "DCS: Black Shark", as explained the "KA-50bs1" upgrade is no longer sold and owners of the original BS1 can only buy the full version of BS2 with no requirement to install the previous game.

That is correct.

Thank you very much, I plan to buy some modules on next sale then.

Regards

Comrades ~ I'm a few Vodkas in ~ but is it still possible for OP to play the Black Shark "ONE" as a fresh install if they have the key ? When I reinstalled Black Shark 2, I had to install the 1st one and ran it for s**** and giggles.

- - - - - - - - TO FLY IS HEAVEN. TO HOVER IS DIVINE - - - - - -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]