Slmod for DCS 1.5/2.0

@Grimes with some new stuff in 2.9 DCS will slmod be updated ?

spotted this error in log today

2023-11-18 15:05:24.407 ERROR   Lua::Config (Main): Call error world.onEvent:[string "-- slmod world events hook..."]:371: attempt to index local 'lgroup' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
    [C]: ?
    [string "-- slmod world events hook..."]:371: in function 'addToDB'
    [string "-- slmod world events hook..."]:591: in function <[string "-- slmod world events hook..."]:428>.

Edited by HC_Official
  • Like 1

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

14 hours ago, HC_Official said:

with some new stuff in 2.9 DCS will slmod be updated ?

It was updated. https://github.com/mrSkortch/DCS-SLmod/commit/735b62033b22dbc30ac8d8c692f18e09a866a06d

Just need to update the slmodEvents.lua file. 

• Thanks 1

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2023 at 3:19 AM, HC_Official said:

@Grimes  thanks I really appreciate the update

Also want to say a big thanks for letting us know how to update our existing SLmod servers!  Saved me a headache.  

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

• 1 month later...

I am getting this on a DCS cloud server install:

:Config (Main): Call error world.onEvent:[string "-- slmod world events hook..."]:377: bad argument #2 to 'tonumber' (base out of range)

Is that a normal thing?

I am having a bizarre problem that occasional I will stop getting crash events I registers for though Moose.  Then the server will finish the mission and restart and sometimes it works the next time, sometimes not.  The above error is the only thing that looks suspicious in the log.

Could a problem in SLMod possibly effect Moose forwarding me a crash event?  Otherwise I am confused.

Does my provider need to update SLMod?

[edit]

THis is from the slmod.log

41.317  SLMOD WARNING: Unable to start active units database, slmod.activeUnitsBase does not exist.
41.318  SLMOD ERROR: unable to retreive events from server environment, reason: [string "return slmod.getNextSlmodEvents()"]:1: attempt to call field 'getNextSlmodEvents' (a nil value)

Edited by [HOUNDS] CptTrips

There have been a few bugs that have creeped into slmod's event handler due to changes in the data present in certain events. For example some of the shot events with AI will give the target as "point" which is basically a non-object entity that the AI is targeting. At which point an error like that might occur because slmod was expecting a target to be an object like a unit or a building. In a sense it is fairly normal because I haven't gotten around to fix it. slmod will continue to function, its just stats related to that event will not occur. 

Each event handler runs on its own, so any given bug in one wouldn't stop the others from running too. 

• Thanks 1

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

1 hour ago, Grimes said:

There have been a few bugs that have creeped into slmod's event handler due to changes in the data present in certain events. For example some of the shot events with AI will give the target as "point" which is basically a non-object entity that the AI is targeting. At which point an error like that might occur because slmod was expecting a target to be an object like a unit or a building. In a sense it is fairly normal because I haven't gotten around to fix it. slmod will continue to function, its just stats related to that event will not occur. 

Each event handler runs on its own, so any given bug in one wouldn't stop the others from running too. 

Actually I was wrong. 

I see DCS reporting the event, but sometimes it does or does not reach my registered handler (I have a log statement at the top of that).

Well I'm clueless but wanted to eliminate slmod as a variable.  Thanks.

Edited by [HOUNDS] CptTrips

• 1 month later...

I just installed latest version of SLmod on a dedicated server. I’m getting a scripting error message something like “global nil” (not in front of server right now to get actual message)at first server start and can’t join the mission from client side until that error window is closed and the error won’t come back until doing a server restart  

It seems like there is a delay from doing something to it being implemented, I did “-reg” in chat and it took a long time then finally let me register as admin. Then I used “-admin load” to change missions and it showed up in chat and did work. Then doing “-admin load” again gave the mission list in the DCS message window. It seems like it doesn’t work but fixes itself and works better each time lol. 

Anybody have a clue on how to get rid of the original error message? I will screenshot the original message when I can get back to the server.

Thanks

Edited by 104th_Money
Clarity

Intel i9-13900k, Asus Z790-E Gaming Wi-fi 2 motherboard, 64gb Corsair DDR5-6400 RGB ram 2x32gb XMP2 profile, 2TB Crucial T700 PCIE 5.0 SSD internal, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro PCIE 4.0 SSD internal, Asus ROG Strix OC GeForce RTX 4090, Corsair 7000X Case with 5 x 120mm side mounted intake fans and 3 x 140mm top mounted exhaust fans, 1 x 140mm rear mounted exhaust fans, front mounted Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm liquid cooler w/Elite LCD with 6 x 120mm fans in 3 push, 3 pull intake configuration, 2 x 32" Asus 2560x1440 displays, TrackIR5 w/pro clip, Thrustmaster Warthog stick and throttle, CH Fighterstick Pro and Pebble Beach Velocity pedals.