Auto start and speed

obrien979

So I have come across an issue. I am a habitual user of the auto-start function mainly due to not having Track-IR and only one monitor. Recently I have noticed that when I use the auto-start function and it runs on its own and completes, that when I takeoff I have issues gaining speed. I can never seem to get the speed above 180-190 knots even with full afterburner. Also the autopilot features do not work.

Flip side of that, when I do the manual start-up and follow the guide, everything else seems to work fine. SO I am wondering if the auto-start is missing a step.

Thanks

Brandon "OB" O'Brien

Cheez, disregard! Misslead in the A-10 Forums...

Edited by AnimalMother711

Brrrrrrrrrrrt

I'd rather call in a Strike Eagle...

I7 6700K, MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw V 3200, Inno3D GTX 1080, Samsung 970 Evo, Thrustmaster 1.6000M, TrackIr 5

So I have come across an issue. I am a habitual user of the auto-start function mainly due to not having Track-IR and only one monitor. Recently I have noticed that when I use the auto-start function and it runs on its own and completes, that when I takeoff I have issues gaining speed. I can never seem to get the speed above 180-190 knots even with full afterburner. Also the autopilot features do not work.

Flip side of that, when I do the manual start-up and follow the guide, everything else seems to work fine. SO I am wondering if the auto-start is missing a step.

Thanks

Auto started today, didn't have any issues. Then did a manual start, parameters and behavior were identical. Are both engines running after you've done the autostart - or has one possible "windmilled" and you are only having thrust from one engine?

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

The only time I've heard of people not being able to accelerate has been game Physics/avionics mode engage in the gameplay/realism settings. Don't know if that applies here.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

The only time I've heard of people not being able to accelerate has been game Physics/avionics mode engage in the gameplay/realism settings. Don't know if that applies here.

And if my input was incorrect, ^^ this ^^ would have been my next suggestion as well. Figure one of these two will sort your issue out OP. Good reference Deano

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

• 4 weeks later...
Auto started today, didn't have any issues. Then did a manual start, parameters and behavior were identical. Are both engines running after you've done the autostart - or has one possible "windmilled" and you are only having thrust from one engine?

Cheers,

Don

According to the engine monitors both engines are running fully. When I do an external view, I confirm that both engines are fully engaged and providing thrust.

Brandon "OB" O'Brien

Make sure you have Game Flight and Game Avionics disabled through your DCS Options.

And try performing a manual start and see if the behavior changes. It shouldn't be an issue with the auto-start, a friend uses it regularly and he doesn't have any issues (at least I think so, he's flying fine).

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro