WWII and Combined Arms - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-08-2018, 09:49 AM   #11
Captain Orso

It was taken out, because it was not ready for released as a feature, and had slipped through by mistake.

It will eventually be released as a feature IIRC.

Two more weeks? ...

I sometimes wish ED were the size of Mircosoft

System Specs.
Spoiler:
System board ... MSI X99A GAMING 9 ACK
CPU ............ Intel Core i7-5820K @ 3800MHz per OC Genie
CPU cooling .... Noctua NH-D15
Memory ......... 16GB DDR4-3000 G.Skill Ripjaw
PSU ............ Corsair AX860i PSU
Graphics card .. Zotac Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Amp! Extreme
System disk .... SanDisk Extreme PRO 480GB SSD
Monitor ........ ASUS MG279Q, 27"
VR ............. Oculus Rift CV1
Captain Orso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 01:18 PM   #12
birkenmoped

You can drive now some of the new assets!

I tried the StuG IV, Sd.Kfz. 2 Kettenkrad and Horch staff car....

Another mistake slipped... again....?

Last edited by birkenmoped; 06-08-2018 at 08:23 PM.
birkenmoped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 04:36 PM   #13
xvii-Dietrich

In the last few days, there was a DCS update.

The announcement is here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...6-08_WWIINews/

This is excellent and there were a lot of new features for WW2, including new units.

Quote:
Some of these new units include:
  • M12 gun motor carriage
  • M30 cargo carrier
  • M2A1/M3 halftrack
  • StuG IV
  • Sd.Kfz. 234/2 “Puma”
  • Sd.Kfz. 7 artillery tractor
  • Sd.Kfz. 251
  • Sd.Kfz. 2 Kettenkrad
  • Horch staff car
  • Barrage balloons
  • LCVP Higgins boats
  • UK soldier
I've marked some of them in blue. The reason is that these units have a feature that wasn't mentioned in the announcement...

... they are player-controllable using Combined Arms.

Last night's WW2 training mission was all the more interesting for being able to drive a StuG IV out to a ridge and shell an Allied road-outpost on the coast road just north of Bayeux, as FW 190s roared in overhead.

I also noted that there was a command bunker, which could be "human controlled", with 3 machine-gun positions. I didn't check every unit, so perhaps there are more. And hopefully, there will be some conversions of some of the existing WW2 units to use DCS Combined Arms in future. It is certainly excellent to be able to control operations from the ground in an actual unit, rather than just monitoring the map.

Now, maybe there was a mention of WW2-Combined-Arms somewhere, but I certainly didn't see it. On the other hand, DCS have been very productive and rolling out a lot of new content, so I may have missed it. Still, I thought it was worth drawing it to everyone's attention.
xvii-Dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 12:12 PM   #14
eekz
Veteran

I think the first and foremost units that should be controllable via CA are common soldiers. That would be very cool, and we already have stinger-man controllable so it shouldnt be a big deal to implement.
Damage Model
eekz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 09:02 AM   #15
ACG_IronJockel

Quote:
Originally Posted by eekz View Post
I think the first and foremost units that should be controllable via CA are common soldiers. That would be very cool, and we already have stinger-man controllable so it shouldnt be a big deal to implement.
Infantry does not duck, take cover or react in any other way to attacks, except from shooting. Some very basic AI behavior is missing. Oh and last time i checker they don't take splash damage from bombs.
Old 06-26-2018, 06:16 PM   #16
Captain Orso

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACG_IronJockel View Post
Infantry does not duck, take cover or react in any other way to attacks, except from shooting. Some very basic AI behavior is missing. Oh and last time i checker they don't take splash damage from bombs.
What, you have to hit them on the head with the bomb?!?! I can barely hit a bridge

System Specs.
Spoiler:
System board ... MSI X99A GAMING 9 ACK
CPU ............ Intel Core i7-5820K @ 3800MHz per OC Genie
CPU cooling .... Noctua NH-D15
Memory ......... 16GB DDR4-3000 G.Skill Ripjaw
PSU ............ Corsair AX860i PSU
Graphics card .. Zotac Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Amp! Extreme
System disk .... SanDisk Extreme PRO 480GB SSD
Monitor ........ ASUS MG279Q, 27"
VR ............. Oculus Rift CV1
Captain Orso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 02:32 PM   #17
Sharkh

Do you have any news about when we will be able to drive tigers shermans etc.?

My other question because I have just bought CA . Do you know if is there a way to get a crosshair or something to be able to aim properly like with the modern tanks or it is not impemented yet? I have tried the different views of the stug and have checked the control list but I haven't found such view yet. Maybe I missed it.

CPU - AMD FX-8350 @4500Mhz, MB - ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0, Cooling - Corsair H100i, Memory - Corsair 16GB Dominator Platinum DDR3 1866MHz, VGA - MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4GB, Audio - ASUS Xonar DSX, HDD - WD Velociraptor 250GB(system) , SSD - Chinese noname (DCS), PSU - Corsair RM750, Headtracking - EDtracker Pro Wired, Samsung 58" TV, Windows 10 64bit Home
Sharkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 12:51 PM   #18
AKA_Recon

WW2-Combined-Arms - salivating - can't wait!

Huge potential still for WW2, flew the Spitfire last night on Burning Skies - it's a wonderful plane and Normandy is coming along well.

This marks the only good realistic high fidelity WW2 flight sim on the market, now it's just a matter of continual release of content.

The future is bright. Now we just need more DCS WW2 pilots joining the servers, as when that happens and other pilots see that grow it, more will come

One thing that would really help is some sort of 'WW2 package', buying just one AC, Normandy, and assets - the price point combined will scare people off (but if they were able to see how well the WW2 birds are, they wouldn't care... but that is a different point!)
AKA_Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 07:01 PM   #19
Sniper175

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_Recon View Post
WW2-Combined-Arms - salivating - can't wait!

Huge potential still for WW2, flew the Spitfire last night on Burning Skies - it's a wonderful plane and Normandy is coming along well.

This marks the only good realistic high fidelity WW2 flight sim on the market, now it's just a matter of continual release of content.

The future is bright. Now we just need more DCS WW2 pilots joining the servers, as when that happens and other pilots see that grow it, more will come

One thing that would really help is some sort of 'WW2 package', buying just one AC, Normandy, and assets - the price point combined will scare people off (but if they were able to see how well the WW2 birds are, they wouldn't care... but that is a different point!)
It’s not the only ww2 high fidelity sim out their. Dcs ww2 has a long way to catch up. That being said the quality of what is out is superb minus the many missing features
Old 08-10-2018, 02:42 PM   #20
SFC Tako

About splash damage to infantry...
https://youtu.be/rcwHqlp_oi4?t=620