DCE Campaigns - Page 161 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-22-2020, 05:14 PM   #1601
Sydy

Hi guys,

I will try to summarize what I did to make the DCE “Hornet over PG” campaign to work with the new SuperCarrier:

Deleted the version I had (20.33-03 - the latest).

Got the .rar (obviously the same), checked the missionscript.lua in my JGSME. ok
Installed precisely as the .PDF says, except I did not run the FirstMission.bat yet.

Changed into the Init.lua the Clear Deck from true to False. I had a hunch that’d work with supercarrier. It did.

Downloaded the .LUA files on the post https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...postcount=1586

Put them on Saved Games\DCS\Mods\tech\DCE\ScriptsMod

Also did this: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...postcount=1576

Open DCS, Mission Editor and opened the Base_Mission.miz.
Unlinked all units on CVN-72 (the most western one). Change the link to NONE.
Changed the CNV-72 Lincoln Unit from CV-74 Stennis to CVN-72 Lincoln.
Linked all unit back again to the same unit CVN-72 Lincoln.
(Don’t mess with the Eastern CV - I did and I had to start all over again).
Put the E-2 Hawkeye aft a little bit so it wouldn’t block any spawn point. (noticed that on the first try)
Saved.
Exited DCS.
Run the FirstMission.bat file.
Back into DCS, Campaigns, DCE, Hornet over PG, flew the first mission (Sead Scort).

I hope it helps.

Good luck,

Sydy
Sydy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 06:36 PM   #1602
sublime

Hello
Plz look into the altimeter baro pressure setting or qrf for IRIAF F14 for Lar airbase. Its. Bughed in briefing. Itll set a figure you cant set and is lower than reality. I just verified 2 diff missions by checking othe planes height.
sublime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 01:54 AM   #1603
ryebred

I installed the Harrier over PG campaign generator and got the first mission loaded. The briefing said the mission starts at 6:55 with a take off time of 7:11 but when the mission loaded the clock in the Harrier said 2:55. I was all alone on the tarmac which seemed a bit weird but was supposed to meet up with my flight at waypoint 1 around 7:20 at a weird altitude of 19,600. Once I got to waypoint 1 I orbited for a while but nobody else came. I asked the flight to check in and they said negative. Dodge 5-2 said bingo fuel. I thought well, all I need to do is destroy one EWR site so I can do that myself even though I was now past time on target. Proceeded to waypoint 4 but could not find the EWR site with the TPOD. Made a couple orbits searching for it and then got shot down by a SAM site. I canceled out of everything and didn't accept the result so hopefully I can try again but it seems like the times are off and the rest of my flight is nowhere to be found.
ryebred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 07:38 AM   #1604
EnDSchultz

The Tomcat over PG campaign seems to be missing Blue Defeat newspaper clipping that's preventing it from generating a campaign mission (a defeat condition, apparently).

On that note, I am baffled as to why it decided that Blue was defeated after only three or four missions when we only lost about 15 aircraft total, compared to over 25 for Red...
EnDSchultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 09:39 AM   #1605
PB0_CEF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryebred View Post
I installed the Harrier over PG campaign generator and got the first mission loaded. The briefing said the mission starts at 6:55 with a take off time of 7:11 but when the mission loaded the clock in the Harrier said 2:55. I was all alone on the tarmac which seemed a bit weird but was supposed to meet up with my flight at waypoint 1 around 7:20 at a weird altitude of 19,600. Once I got to waypoint 1 I orbited for a while but nobody else came. I asked the flight to check in and they said negative. Dodge 5-2 said bingo fuel. I thought well, all I need to do is destroy one EWR site so I can do that myself even though I was now past time on target. Proceeded to waypoint 4 but could not find the EWR site with the TPOD. Made a couple orbits searching for it and then got shot down by a SAM site. I canceled out of everything and didn't accept the result so hopefully I can try again but it seems like the times are off and the rest of my flight is nowhere to be found.

Ok it seem that startup setting in Harrier over PG is little too long. Please open Camp_init.lua file in Init folder with Notepad++ and change startup time

startup = 1200, --time in seconds allocated for player start-up
To :
startup = 600, --time in seconds allocated for player start-up

Don't forget to use Firstmission.bat file to generate a new campaign

Be careful to have enough time to align INS ...
Which version do you play : Stable released or OpenBeta ?
PB0_CEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 09:44 AM   #1606
Miguel21

Quote:
Originally Posted by sublime View Post
Hello
Plz look into the altimeter baro pressure setting or qrf for IRIAF F14 for Lar airbase. Its. Bughed in briefing. Itll set a figure you cant set and is lower than reality. I just verified 2 diff missions by checking othe planes height.
edit, ...
Miguel21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 09:52 AM   #1607
PB0_CEF

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDSchultz View Post
The Tomcat over PG campaign seems to be missing Blue Defeat newspaper clipping that's preventing it from generating a campaign mission (a defeat condition, apparently).

On that note, I am baffled as to why it decided that Blue was defeated after only three or four missions when we only lost about 15 aircraft total, compared to over 25 for Red...

Good find

Are you sure the defeat was because you lost 15 aircrafts ? It's not the condition ... You should have lost 35 of your Squadron aircrafts to loose (reserve counts) ...

Please put the attached file in your Images folder in your campaign folder
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Newspaper_Defeat_blue.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	142.6 KB
ID:	236767  
PB0_CEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 09:53 AM   #1608
Miguel21

Quote:
Originally Posted by sublime View Post
Hello

actually, we've already talked about it here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...&postcount=949

the value DCS is proposing is too low compared to the F14 altimeter and the pressure readings taken in the area

You can try it with this file if you want
Attached Files
File Type: lua DC_Weather.lua (15.1 KB, 4 views)
Miguel21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 10:10 AM   #1609
Scotch75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel21 View Post
we found the bug (my fault ^^)
you can download these 2 files and place them in
Saved Games\DCS\Mods\tech\DCE\ScriptsMod

And tell us if it solves the problem and, more importantly, if it doesn't create another one.

Thanks

these files are only compatible with version 20.33.03
Hey Miguel,

Yes, I can confirm AI strikes working again with cruise missiles hitting their targets, launched from B-52s. I just want to check the FA-18 cruise missile strikes work as well.

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM
Scotch75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 08:49 PM   #1610
oscar19681

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydy View Post
Hi guys,

I will try to summarize what I did to make the DCE “Hornet over PG” campaign to work with the new SuperCarrier:

Deleted the version I had (20.33-03 - the latest).

Got the .rar (obviously the same), checked the missionscript.lua in my JGSME. ok
Installed precisely as the .PDF says, except I did not run the FirstMission.bat yet.

Changed into the Init.lua the Clear Deck from true to False. I had a hunch that’d work with supercarrier. It did.

Downloaded the .LUA files on the post https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...postcount=1586

Put them on Saved Games\DCS\Mods\tech\DCE\ScriptsMod

Also did this: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...postcount=1576

Open DCS, Mission Editor and opened the Base_Mission.miz.
Unlinked all units on CVN-72 (the most western one). Change the link to NONE.
Changed the CNV-72 Lincoln Unit from CV-74 Stennis to CVN-72 Lincoln.
Linked all unit back again to the same unit CVN-72 Lincoln.
(Don’t mess with the Eastern CV - I did and I had to start all over again).
Put the E-2 Hawkeye aft a little bit so it wouldn’t block any spawn point. (noticed that on the first try)
Saved.
Exited DCS.
Run the FirstMission.bat file.
Back into DCS, Campaigns, DCE, Hornet over PG, flew the first mission (Sead Scort).

I hope it helps.

Good luck,

Sydy
Thanks for the heads up. I replicated all your steps, but when i ran the Firstmission.bat it gave me an error saying it couldnt find correct path. Campaign runs fine though, just not with a populated deck with the SC addon. Hope they release a SC campaign soon.