SATAL 2020 - Page 8 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-13-2020, 07:24 PM   #71
Coxy_99
Veteran

100 KIAP/51st are withdrawing from satal after changing the rules on so many times once applied theres no consistency in the rules set.
Coxy_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 07:29 PM   #72
Breakshot

As Coxy and Falcon said above. 51st /100 KIAP enrolled into SATAL with the expectation of a fair and top level competition with the best squads in DCS. However with last second rule changes after signups were closed, constant bickering, and top teams pulling out we no longer feel the competition carries that prestige, hence we officially withdraw our participation.

S!
Breakshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 08:31 PM   #73
M0ltar

Sad to see the 14th and 51 go. See you in the virtual skies. o7
M0ltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 05:25 PM   #74
M0ltar

Bear has released an updated version of the missions that now incude flight names and some other fixes. Please use this link for access to the SATAL 2020 missions.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...XB?usp=sharing
Old 05-15-2020, 06:52 PM   #75
Panthir

Dear Moltar,

The latest changes added extra complexity to SATAL. We have already put a lot of effort in practicing and the new rules are changing the whole concept. The home team will dictate the weapons restriction e.t.c. Moreover, several essential features, such as Datalink are still not working for the Red Coalition. In this context, we assess that we have to cancel our participation for this year. We wish you success. So, Lockon Greece is out.
My Hardware: GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Master - Intel 8700K 3.7 GHz @ 5.1 ghz (Delid Copper IHS) - G.SKILL 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 2080ti OC 11gb - 2 EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire.

My Maps: Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf.

Last edited by Panthir; 05-15-2020 at 06:56 PM.
Panthir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 07:48 PM   #76
M0ltar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuomaspap View Post
Dear M0ltar and fellow squadrons ,

It is with regret , due to the ongoing problems with the datalink system and the lack of any assurances given regarding whether or not it will be fixed on time , as well as the continuous schedule changes and uncertainty surrounding the rules of the contest that change even after the set deadlines , that we have decided DCS-HAF will be withdrawing from SATAL 2020.

We wish the remaining teams the best of luck !

Kind regards

DCS-HAF

Like I told LoG the issue surrounding DL is already fixed in testing.

Sorry to hear you guys are leaving, however you guys never asked about the datalink issue and I spoke to LoG in discord and told them it was fixed in testing and should actually already be fixed with the new missions that are out. If you change your mind before the end of the weekend due to DL being fixed let me know and I won’t remove you from the schedule.
Old 05-17-2020, 11:39 PM   #77
Tuomaspap

After a great talk with M0ltar discussing the issues at hand and solutions , as well as the constant fixing of issues with the current missions and bugs , we are very confident with the way things are looking and as such I am pleased to inform everyone that DCS-HAF will be remaining in SATAL 2020!

Once again our thanks to M0ltar for extending his advice and reassurances.

DCS-HAF
Tuomaspap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 11:40 PM   #78
M0ltar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuomaspap View Post
After a great talk with M0ltar discussing the issues at hand and solutions , as well as the constant fixing of issues with the current missions and bugs , we are very confident with the way things are looking and as such I am pleased to inform everyone that DCS-HAF will be remaining in SATAL 2020!

Once again our thanks to M0ltar for extending his advice and reassurances.

DCS-HAF

Happy to have you guys back! Glad we could get on the same page about the things you were concerned about.
Old 05-21-2020, 04:17 PM   #79
M0ltar

All missions have been updated, saved using the new update, and added to the DCS World Events servers.

If you would like a link to the mission repo so that you can use the missions for training that link can be found below.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...QSKk0wqD_PSIXB
Old 05-28-2020, 02:35 AM   #80
M0ltar

DCS World Events would like to welcome BlackHog to the SATAL ranks. BlackHog makes some awesome complimentary button boxes that are designed to fit on the Thrustmaster Warthog and other mounting setups. They have graciously contributed $2000 worth of hardware to the Diamond and Gold Leagues that will be awarded to the winners of each league after the end of the season tourney.

Again, welcome to BlackHog and be sure to stay tuned throughout the season for more information on their upcoming hardware. See you in the skies!