What's with the radios?

A101Wayz

Ok, so I've been flying the A-10C, F/A-18 and the UH-1H and using Voice Attack and ViaCom Pro for all my radio communications. And to date, it's been working flawlessly.

However, to install the F-14, I had to switch to the OB install. So I really don't know if this is an OB issue, an F14 issue, or that I'm just missing something.

For the life of me, I cannot contact ANYONE on the radios in the F14. Whether using VA, or using the menu to make contact.

I.E. I want to contact the tanker to refuel... I tell Jester to tune to the proper channel. I verify on the radio panel that he has selected the proper channel. I can hear the tanker broadcast that he is on station. I request rejoin either by VA or radio menu. I sometimes hear my pilot make the request ("Texaco... Ford 1-1... request rejoin") and .... NOTHING. the tanker never responds.

Same is true for all communications, Towers, Carrier, AWACS...

What am I missing???

:helpsmilie:

Wayz Out

Intel Core i9 9900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z390E Gaming MB | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32gb DDR4-3200 | GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe

HTC Vive Pro VR | Logitech G x56 HOTAS | Logitech G PRO Pedals

When talking you must configure the binding for Mic Button VHF1 & 2. Then select the tanker and as usual. But the coms menu must be open with the proper key not just the generic key.

Ahhh, so I can't open the coms menu with the ICS button... I've only used the one button so far. Guess I'll have to map the other buttons now. Thanks!

Wayz Out

Intel Core i9 9900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z390E Gaming MB | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32gb DDR4-3200 | GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe

Last night I played around in the cockpit, but could only find where to set up the UHF radio in the pilot's cockpit. Where is the VFH stuff? Also, where in the file structure can I find the manual?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

I'm the same, can't get anything to respond. I use voice attack and it still works with other modules without any issues.

Just with the Cat I've got issues. I've bound the UVF1 and UVF2 and ICS to the comms switch on my warthog and when pointing to the jester menu and just get nothing.

I don't have the main Fkey menu showing up with the Tomcat either - although it shows up with everything else!

Any ideas, chaps? Cheers

Edited by mr_mojo97

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

After a LOT of playing around with the radios, I found that VA needs to be updated to work with the F-14. Actually, I don't remember if it was VA or ViaCOM Pro that needed to be updated, but if you're checking for updates for one, you might as well do both. :thumbup:

Once the update was finished, the single button coms set up works on the F-14... Hope this helps

Wayz Out

• 9 months later...

I'm bumping this thread for the same issues as has been posted. I'm doing a Cold Ramp Start with set radio frequencies preloaded via the ME. In this case, 356.6 and 336.6 as presets 2 & 3 (for the tankers) in the ARC-159. Incidentally, Preset 1 is 327.5 for ATC. None work.

I've used Jester to dial up ATC on the secondary ARC-182 and that works, but stil cant get the tankers to respond. So is this a bug or what??

@ST0RM: Still having problems? Upload the mission file and we'll check. Tankers' tasks and radios must also be set.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria