VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

The Select Tunes Radio works generally i.e. with easy comms off.

It allows you to call a recipient and have its frequency automatically tuned on the radio used.

"Batumi,..Select".

That's distinct from the manual Radio Control option which does not involve naming a recipient.

"Select 1 2 7 decimal 5", or "Select channel 5".

This works with compatible modules / radios.

Hope that makes some sense, more about it in the manual.

Cheers

Yes totally! I got that, and it's what I do. But which modules are compatible or not, is what I'm asking. Or rather, is there a way to know if you don't have a list?

It was frustrating at first, when I thought all of them was working, sitting there testing and then to find out not all will.

I could never get it to work in the F-16/18, so assumed they're not compatible, and stopped trying, instead of pursuing a solution. Cannot get the Ka-50 or Mi-8 to work as well. Which is a shame, but now I don't how to find out whether it's my own fault or if they're not compatible.

This got rather long. Hope it made somewhat sence.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Select Tunes Radio for easy comms off works with all tunable radios including Viper, Hornet etc.

Test with PTT mode NORMAL/MULTI, and unless you use VSPX leave a short pause: "Batumi,..Select".

In general there can be plenty of reasons why you may not get a AI response with easy comms off: modulation, range, unit coalition, dialog state, etc.

The Loud and Clear issue for Jester in latest OB build is confirmed, will be patched in next plugin update.

Some people's install snags (e.g. STEAM) have to do with ED's code misalignments between 2.5.5 Release and 2.5.6 OB version. Life will be much better when 2.5.6 eventually propagates to Release.

In any case the updated User Manual will contain a basic troubleshooting guide covering some of the common recurring themes on this thread.

Next plugin update is planned to align with ED's DCS:Supercarrier module release, i.e. likely a few days after. Your patience is appreciated.

Stay tuned :pilotfly:

Thanks for your work and your amazing app! Looking forward to the next update

The Select Tunes Radio works generally i.e. with easy comms off.

It allows you to call a recipient and have its frequency automatically tuned on the radio used.

"Batumi,..Select".

That's distinct from the manual Radio Control option which does not involve naming a recipient.

"Select 1 2 7 decimal 5", or "Select channel 5".

This works with compatible modules / radios.

Hope that makes some sense, more about it in the manual.

Cheers

Hi Hollywood,

I've read the user manual, many times since :)

With Easy Communication = OFF and Select Tunes Radio = ON, using commands like example "Batumi,..Select" is all along working fine, at least for me, there's no issue from my end.

----

My problem is not the above but rather using Easy Communication = OFF, Select Tunes Radio = OFF and manual freq tuning to communicate with AI.

Please replicate this example in your DCS:

1. In DCS options, set Easy Communication = OFF

2. Ensure Select Tunes Radio = OFF (Untick)

3. Use F-18, start any mission that has crystal palace or JTAC or AWACS available.

4. Using Comm1, either "M" or Channel "1", tune to freq 71.000

5. Say command: crystal palace,..interrogate [VA recognizes the command and statement but no response from AI]

6. Say command: AWACS,..request vector to tanker [VA recognizes the command and statement but no response from AI]

7. Get out from the mission, in DCS options, set Easy Communication = ON

8. Ensure Select Tunes Radio = OFF

9. Repeat step #3

10. Repeat step #5 for crystal palace [VA recognizes the command and statement, AI responses perfectly well]

11. Repeat step #6 for AWACS [VA recognizes the command and statement, AI responses perfectly well]

To be fair in the testing, I did this in a controlled manner, where my plane was just sitting on the carrier deck, in the very same mission.

Thanks.

Hi Hollywood,

With Easy Communication = OFF and Select Tunes Radio = ON, using commands like example "Batumi,..Select" is all along working fine, at least for me, there's no issue from my end.

----

My problem is not the above but rather using Easy Communication = OFF, Select Tunes Radio = OFF and manual freq tuning to communicate with AI.

3. Use F-18, start any mission that has crystal palace or JTAC or AWACS available.

5. Say command: crystal palace,..interrogate [VA recognizes the command and statement but no response from AI]

6. Say command: AWACS,..request vector to tanker [VA recognizes the command and statement but no response from AI]

9. Repeat step #3

10. Repeat step #5 for crystal palace [VA recognizes the command and statement, AI responses perfectly well]

11. Repeat step #6 for AWACS [VA recognizes the command and statement, AI responses perfectly well]

To be fair in the testing, I did this in a controlled manner, where my plane was just sitting on the carrier deck, in the very same mission.

Thanks.

You've got an example mission I can try this on? If you do, just tell me which, and I'll test as well.

Yes totally! I got that, and it's what I do. But which modules are compatible or not, is what I'm asking. Or rather, is there a way to know if you don't have a list?

It was frustrating at first, when I thought all of them was working, sitting there testing and then to find out not all will.

I could never get it to work in the F-16/18, so assumed they're not compatible, and stopped trying, instead of pursuing a solution. Cannot get the Ka-50 or Mi-8 to work as well. Which is a shame, but now I don't how to find out whether it's my own fault or if they're not compatible.

This got rather long. Hope it made somewhat sence.

Okay. I did test some more.

I know why I gave up now.

In the Viper I can tune the "digital" radios. But not the "analog", I guess that how it should be. And that's why I didn't pursuit it further. Well, I'm very happy!

I can also "select chanel xx" in some modules, but still not "select 1 2 7", but I guess that's on my part and gonna test/tune some more.

I'd still love some sort of list for which modules/radios that are compatible. Anyone wanna join to make one?

Seems that VAICOM is confusing the save games folders with the installations folders.

EDIT: Never mind the sentence below. I was thinking about something else.

Check your registry and see if you can find any references to VAICOM and save games path.

If ticking OB in the path, it will redirect the files to .openbeta folder as designed, no?

Then I did put in the path to C DCSWorld folder and the files are sent to Saved .openbeta as designed.

I renamed C Dcsworld to .openbeta and transferred my settings to .openbeta (I was on openbeta in the first place) and it now works.

You've got an example mission I can try this on? If you do, just tell me which, and I'll test as well.

Hi MAXsenna,

I tested both Easy Comm ON/OFF scenarios using this mission available here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/upload/iblock/8ef/Persian%20Gulf%20FA-18%20Strike%20Fighter%20(Full%20Mission).miz

Hi Hollywood,

----

9. Repeat step #3

Thanks.

From the steps above i don't think you are trying AWACS correctly since you are still tuned to frequency 71 and AWACS will have its own frequency. I haven't tried this tor a few weeks but will do so tonight

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

From the steps above i don't think you are trying AWACS correctly since you are still tuned to frequency 71 and AWACS will have its own frequency. I haven't tried this tor a few weeks but will do so tonight

Sorry, I missed mentioning another step before saying command: AWACS. I did change to another frequency before that.

Thanks for pointing out. Please replicate my steps, I've also attached a link to the mission that was used in an earlier reply to MAXsenna.

If ticking OB in the path, it will redirect the files to .openbeta folder as designed, no?

Then I did put in the path to C DCSWorld folder and the files are sent to Saved .openbeta as designed.

I renamed C Dcsworld to .openbeta and transferred my settings to .openbeta (I was on openbeta in the first place) and it now works.

Well, as long as it works...

I have selected the full path to OB, and checked the "ob" box. It works for both stable and OB for me anyways.

Hey Hollywood, glad to see you back in the forum and appreciate the update. We are rapidly approaching post 5000 for this thread. Is there any chance you will launch a subforum or other means of bug reporting / customer assistance / support? Following this thread is becoming increasingly burdensome as a means of finding information about problem solutions, and the number of times the same issue is raised anew seems to be increasing.

... In any case the updated User Manual will contain a basic troubleshooting guide covering some of the common recurring themes on this thread.

Next plugin update is planned to align with ED's DCS:Supercarrier module release, i.e. likely a few days after. Your patience is appreciated.

Stay tuned :pilotfly:

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Any way to use AIRIO to specifically select TWS Manual or Auto? When I try switch to the wide azimuth in TWS-A the radar resets it just as fast, so I'd rather (Jester) keep control of that (for) myself.

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

Yes, I use SRS and pretty familiar with F18 radio operation. :) Tried every single thing I know of but still no joy with Vaicom easy communication off.

Try replicating my steps, let me know the outcome.

honeycool - I have only had very limited time this evening so have quickly hopped in an AWACS mission I have set up for the F-18.

Still cannot get Crystal Palace to respond, but AWACS responded fine to me - I tried both before and after tuning and then trying to talk to Crystal Palace

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Looking for a little bit of help here. My current DCS path is: "C:\Users\pilot\Saved Games\DCS" and I am still running into DCS stopping loading at 10% when I try to use VA with VAICOM Pro enabled. I've read the comments about the syntax to create the hard link. I can run the mklink command and create a hard link but I'm unclear on what I'm what I'm linking to and what I need to set in VAICOM Pro. As I said in my previous post, not the most proficient in the Windows CMD tool but I can make do. Can you help me out with the specifics on this? I'd like to be able to use VAICOM Pro but it still bricks DCS when I try. I very much appreciate any help from the forum.

Hi Hollywood,

----

9. Repeat step #3

Thanks.

Alright! I got it working, though I didn't do exactly like you wanted.

Settings in VAICOM:

2020-04-22_23-34-27.png.2cbb1c507ee9a44f5e70c5c52f2506e2.png

2020-04-22_23-34-43.png.6c9c46a9d5306e62d0303a0cedc514be.png

Haven't been in the F-18 for a while, so I had to tinker a bit until I managed to tune the radios.

Anyway, got Crystal Palace tuned as "2" like this. I made sure to hit enter as suggested bye somebody. 284.000

Screen_200422_233205.thumb.png.572703ac1bf70f8a45b44d842d1711fc.png

And AWACS as "1" the same way, just as 252.000

Crystal Palace responded to "Crystal Palace, interrogate", and "briefing".

2020-04-22_23-46-01.thumb.png.450d3be73871095219a3485f321be8b8.png

Had to re-train "Request Vector to tanker" as it insisted on that I had an erection.

2020-04-22_23-51-13.thumb.png.92287d7bb29d0c5857a254b97c92eba5.png

But it finally worked as well, as you can see.

2020-04-22_23-55-05.thumb.png.b919587c18f7a6d6de1731150996488f.png

If you want, I can of course try to tune the "M" thing at what not if you want. But then I might have to revisit. Some of the training missions, unless you give me a step-by-step.

EDIT: Hmmm, I can see form my pics that AWACS says that the tanker is Texaco, but in the briefing its Arco. But I guess that's not it anyway.

Oh, and this is on the OB from today!

Edited by MAXsenna
Added

Alright! I got it working, though I didn't do exactly like you wanted.

I have also now managed to get Crystal Palace working after a bit of trial and error. The VA log window showed that the command was being constructed and readout was happening but I wasn't hearing anything.

The solution I found was to temporarily enable the Oper switch on the Audio tab and then select my headphones from the REDIR dropdown. After restarting VA the briefing was then audible.

I have now turned this option off again and Crystal Palace still works.

To note, I don't think the F-18 radios like 71MHz, but I have had responses on both 142 and 284 frequencies:thumbup:

For 71.000 the band selection option doesn't exist, so there is definitely something different about how the Hornet handles it.

Could it be that it is incorrectly defaulting to FM, instead of AM, when the frequency is entered via the keypad, but VP is somehow able to explicitly set the band, when it sets the frequency behind the scenes?

I'm the latest victim of VAICOM Pro plus 2.5.6. I'm stuck at 10% loading in DCS after installing VA, VAICOM Pro, AIRIO Pro and Chatter pack. Have done the following in this order, all to no avail:

1.) Uninstall Voice Attack

2.) Delete full Voice Attack folder, which included the VAICOM files

3.) Steam "Verify Integrity of game files" - all ok

4.) Deleted Voice Attack folder from C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\

Please help! I really, really do not want to have to reinstall DCS, as I have every module and map installed, and a bunch of keybinds and mods that I don't want to reconfigure.

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

I'm the latest victim of VAICOM Pro plus 2.5.6. I'm stuck at 10% loading in DCS after installing VA, VAICOM Pro, AIRIO Pro and Chatter pack. Have done the following in this order, all to no avail:

1.) Uninstall Voice Attack

2.) Delete full Voice Attack folder, which included the VAICOM files

3.) Steam "Verify Integrity of game files" - all ok

4.) Deleted Voice Attack folder from C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\

Please help! I really, really do not want to have to reinstall DCS, as I have every module and map installed, and a bunch of keybinds and mods that I don't want to reconfigure.

Are you running standalone or Steam

Have you set the custom path in the Vaicom config panel and ticked the OB box (or tried unticking it if it is ticked)