VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

@TOViper

I'm not html fluent, so could remember the syntax to hide previous post/comments, so made a new empty point.

Well, if there ain't no referrals you can find in registry for VAICOM and save games. It's probably somewhat hardcoded to use \%username%\save games\DCS and \DCS.openbeta and probably doesn't even check that settings file.

As for hardlinks, it's a way of redirecting folders to another path. I'll provide the syntax after a little example.

You can use this to move Save Games folders without messing with Windows default settings (or basically any other folder).

I use this to redirect Mods, input, liveries, kneeboard for instance to the same place for both stable and OB. Which means they use the same controls setup.

But really, the reason why I did it, was when I moved DCS installs to another drive for lack of space on C:\ (2xSSDs in stripe, not for speed, for space 'cause 7 years ago my MB didn't support NVEs and 1TB drives was ridiculous expensive, or didn't exist. Can't really remember). My D:\ is 4x same drives in stripe. That I did for both speed and space. And it works.

So. For the mods folder, both installs share the same A-4 and MB-339 mods, for basically half the space. Cool?

So, what I suggest is when VAICOM installs to OB. Make a hardlink for the save games OB scripts folder to your scripts folder in your save games 256 folder.

As administrator In command line or PS shell

The syntax is as following

mklink /J "c:\link to folder" "c:\users\username\original folder"

Remember quotation marks when there is spaces in the path. We'll, use them anyway just in case.

Rename Scripts to ie scripts.old in the DCS.openbeta folder.

And run, for you something like:

Mklink /J "c:\users\pilot\save games\dcs256\scripts" "c:\users\pilot\save games\DCS. openbeta\scripts"

Now you'll get a folder with an shortcut icon in DCS.openbeta named scripts

Sorry I did this on the phone. Hard to multi task and paste here.

Well, hope this helps. Feel free to ask questions if I'm unclear.

BTW. Viggen fan huh? Svenska?

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

I installed VAICOM PRO and Voiceattack, and when I load DCS it hangs at 10%. Anyone else have that problem?
Yes, make sure custome path points to installation, and check "ob" if open beta. And delete export.lua under save games DCS.xx scripts.

I have 2 problems with Jester since last update: "Loud and clear" and "Check"

4:13:58.876 TX5 | ICS: [ ] , [ Confirm Checkpoint ]

4:13:58.872 Recognized : 'check'

4:36:55.928 Done.

4:36:55.928 Constructing message...

4:36:55.927 TX5 | ICS: [ F-14 AI RIO ] , [ Confirm ICS test ]

4:36:55.926 Have result, identified as command: Loud and Clear

4:36:55.925 Captured sentence: loud and clear

4:36:55.921 Recognized : 'loud and clear'

4:36:54.237 (awaiting additional input)

4:36:54.236 Have result, identified as recipient: Jester

4:36:54.235 Captured sentence: jester

4:36:54.231 Recognized : 'jester'

No reaction. If I say "assisted startup" instead of these words he goes along with the checklist.

I have the same issues, any fix?

I might misunderstand you. You would like VAICOM to be able to change the selector switch in the cockpit?

Have you tried single to multi?

The C-101 has three channels available: VHF, UHF, and ICS.

These correspond respectively to TX1, TX2, and TX5, which are listed as available for the C-101 as well as TX6.

If I map a single button to all available channels, VAICOM shifts to a single TX1 by default (but can be adjusted by the user to use any desired TX channel) and automatically decides which radio should receive the message. For the C-101, what I would want is for VAICOM to still show all available TX channels despite all of them being mapped to the same input. When you key the mic switch, then only the channel selected by the position of the in-game mode switch would light up, rather than having VAICOM show only one TX channel and then automatically deciding which channel gets the voice command.

There are two buttons, one on the throttle and one on the stick. Both perform identical functions, so it should be possible to map two or more buttons to the same function. i.e. TX1 could be triggered by a button on the throttle or a button on the stick. Presently, you can only assign one button at a time. In this case the problem is doubled, because the back seat also has two mic buttons that perform the same function. So you could need the ability to map two inputs for the back seat mic and connect the backseat voice command to the backseat's selected mic channel.

The final result being that the front seat should be able to use either his joystick or throttle button to talk on his selected channel while the backseater uses either his joystick or throttle button to talk on the channel his backseat mic mode switch has selected.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have dcs open beta installed on dcs world folder in c drive. (I used the dcs updater utility to change from stable > open beta sometime in the past)

I started vaicom pro and then started dcs and it only loads till 10%. I repaired using the utility and without starting vaicom pro, it works. Is there a problem with vaicom pro with regards to the latest update?

No mods nor other programs running except the two.

Custom Path set. OB is ticked\unticked and same error.

These correspond respectively to TX1, TX2, and TX5, which are listed as available for the C-101 as well as TX6.

If I map a single button to all available channels, VAICOM shifts to a single TX1 by default (but can be adjusted by the user to use any desired TX channel) and automatically decides which radio should receive the message. For the C-101, what I would want is for VAICOM to still show all available TX channels despite all of them being mapped to the same input. When you key the mic switch, then only the channel selected by the position of the in-game mode switch would light up, rather than having VAICOM show only one TX channel and then automatically deciding which channel gets the voice command.

There are two buttons, one on the throttle and one on the stick. Both perform identical functions, so it should be possible to map two or more buttons to the same function. i.e. TX1 could be triggered by a button on the throttle or a button on the stick. Presently, you can only assign one button at a time. In this case the problem is doubled, because the back seat also has two mic buttons that perform the same function. So you could need the ability to map two inputs for the back seat mic and connect the backseat voice command to the backseat's selected mic channel.

The final result being that the front seat should be able to use either his joystick or throttle button to talk on his selected channel while the backseater uses either his joystick or throttle button to talk on the channel his backseat mic mode switch has selected.

Aha! That made it a little clearer. Well, it's free month now. So I'll have a look. It might not be doable, but I'll test something.

Just to be clear, for the front/back, you want to achieve both in SP?

I have dcs open beta installed on dcs world folder in c drive. (I used the dcs updater utility to change from stable > open beta sometime in the past)

I started vaicom pro and then started dcs and it only loads till 10%. I repaired using the utility and without starting vaicom pro, it works. Is there a problem with vaicom pro with regards to the latest update?

No mods nor other programs running except the two.

Custom Path set. OB is ticked\unticked and same error.

Close DCS, close VA. Delete export.lua in \%username%\Save Games\DCS.abc\Scripts

Start VA, start DCS

Close DCS, close VA. Delete export.lua in \%username%\Save Games\DCS.abc\Scripts

Start VA, start DCS

Yes I've tried that too but when vaicom changed those 6\7 files on dcs side on the startup of vaicom, the dcs app hangs at 10% and i have to repair the installation again

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Yes I've tried that too but when vaicom changed those 6\7 files on dcs side on the startup of vaicom, the dcs app hangs at 10% and i have to repair the installation again

It changed them in the DCS installation folder?

I untick/turned off "Easy Communication" in the options in DCS. Next, Vaicom configuration preference, I enable "Select Tunes Radio".

In the game, I tune to the correct frequency, e.g. COMM1 Channel "M" with ATC frequency. I can hear my player request, i.e. startup. But no response from AI ATC. If you see my screenshot, the command was recognized.

So, has anyone using "Easy Communication = OFF", how does it work with Vaicom?

Thanks.

easy-communication-off.jpg.245a5d520d1f829dcbf8bb0c8636586e.jpg

I untick/turned off "Easy Communication" in the options in DCS. Next, Vaicom configuration preference, I enable "Select Tunes Radio".

In the game, I tune to the correct frequency, e.g. COMM1 Channel "M" with ATC frequency. I can hear my player request, i.e. startup. But no response from AI ATC. If you see my screenshot, the command was recognized.

So, has anyone using "Easy Communication = OFF", how does it work with Vaicom?

Thanks.

Turn on debug mode. It will give you more information.

"Select tunes radio" means that in certain modules, not all, will have their radios tuned to correct frequency if you lets say "Batumi Select". Of my modules, I can only get it to work in A-10C and Huey. NOT in F-5, Mi-8, Ka-50, F-16/18, Jf-17, Gazelle, Mirage. The Bf-109 somewhat, but WWIIs seems different so I'm not sure.

The tune frequency and presets I haven't got to work yet, but that's probably MSSR and syntax errors.

Anyway. What commands did you actually speak?

Vector the tanker is not really a command, but I have debug on, so it might look differently for me. For me the command "Request vector to tanker" works fine, as it is the same as in the Keywords Editor.

Sometimes or mostly actually, when I switch recipient, I have to select it first. Like for ground crew I say "Chief, select", and then I can give the crew commands. Before startup I will tune the correct frequency and say like "Batumi, select" or "ATC, select" and then "Request startup". It should work with "Batumi request startup", but sometimes I have problems with that.

Most of the syntax/commands are explained in the manual. I suggest you have a look. Also Sydy has made kneeboard pages of them.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3302815/

Hope this helps. And as you can see below, with debugging on, it will look something like this:

2020-04-20_10-23-48.png.5129fe293d67980118c261fe7cc1ec6c.png

yeah there some files that are changed or created in the installation folder it seems

Seems that VAICOM is confusing the save games folders with the installations folders.

EDIT: Never mind the sentence below. I was thinking about something else.

Check your registry and see if you can find any references to VAICOM and save games path.

Edited by MAXsenna

Turn on debug mode. It will give you more information.

"Select tunes radio" means that in certain modules, not all, will have their radios tuned to correct frequency if you lets say "Batumi Select". Of my modules, I can only get it to work in A-10C and Huey. NOT in F-5, Mi-8, Ka-50, F-16/18, Jf-17, Gazelle, Mirage. The Bf-109 somewhat, but WWIIs seems different so I'm not sure.

The tune frequency and presets I haven't got to work yet, but that's probably MSSR and syntax errors.

Anyway. What commands did you actually speak?

Vector the tanker is not really a command, but I have debug on, so it might look differently for me. For me the command "Request vector to tanker" works fine, as it is the same as in the Keywords Editor.

Sometimes or mostly actually, when I switch recipient, I have to select it first. Like for ground crew I say "Chief, select", and then I can give the crew commands. Before startup I will tune the correct frequency and say like "Batumi, select" or "ATC, select" and then "Request startup". It should work with "Batumi request startup", but sometimes I have problems with that.

Most of the syntax/commands are explained in the manual. I suggest you have a look. Also Sydy has made kneeboard pages of them.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3302815/

Hope this helps. And as you can see below, with debugging on, it will look something like this:

[ATTACH]233177[/ATTACH]

I'm in F18, the command used:

Easy Communication = OFF

Manually tune to 71.000 in Comm 1 "M"

Select Tunes Radio = Untick

Then say > crystal palace interrogate

Nothing happens, no response from AI

After changing back to Easy Communication = ON, all works fine with the same freq and command.

:(

Are there other frequencies available? I usually use either the 1xx.xxx or 2xx.xxx values (setting AM or FM as appropriate) - if no answer later for you I will look after work.

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Hi guys

I hope everyone is in good health, by the liveliness of the conversation it seems you're doing just fine :D

Thanks for your messages, I'll get back to some of your questions.

There's an update planned with some fixes.

Make sure to stay safe!

Cheers

Hollywood

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Easy Communication = OFF

After changing back to Easy Communication = ON, all works fine with the same freq and command.

Lol. I knew nothing about radios in aircrafts really before I got VAICOM. Are you using correct TX, of course you are. Works in Easy.

Ehhh, I would've guessed frequency as well, but you seem to have that covered as well. Could you try another CP frequency? And since Crystal Palace doesn't need select command AFAIK, thats not it either.

Can you post a screenshot of VA logwith debug enabled?

Hi guys

I hope everyone is in good health, by the liveliness of the conversation it seems you're doing just fine :D

Make sure to stay safe!

Cheers

Hollywood

Yes! I'm so happy to hear from you. Was a little worried there.

Hehe, don't worry we're having a blast, just need to sort some of the guys out!

Are there other frequencies available? I usually use either the 1xx.xxx or 2xx.xxx values (setting AM or FM as appropriate) - if no answer later for you I will look after work.

Should be 3 for CP AFAIK from the manual.

Yes! I'm so happy to hear from you. Was a little worried there.

Hehe, don't worry we're having a blast, just need to sort some of the guys out!

+1 to this

it has been made even more amusing by the fact that i have been answering Vaicom queries in other parts of the forum as well.

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Easy Communication = OFF

Did you make sure you are pressing in fact the COMM1 MIC button for transmission on COMM1 71.00 MHz? What does your VA listening window says? Recognized anything?

Easy Communication = OFF

Do you have the correct modulation (AM/FM) selected?

Sent from my SpyPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys

Make sure to stay safe!

Cheers

Hollywood

Glad all is well!

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Sorry for the long quote. On my cell and need to read.

Anyway, as @Hollywood_315 is back. I'm sure he can sort you out and understand you better than me.

Apologies if I got it wrong, just correct me as I've made some assumptions.

Had a go in the C101 this morning, first training mission, got as far as all the radio/volume knobs on the right console. Didn't pay attention, so I couldn't progress.

First jet trainer with working radios for me. I assume it works just like the helicopters in SP when you switch seat. In them I use the trigger for PTT and TX1. Doesn't change anything while I switch seats, and same TX1 (and only TX configured) for both seats. To change radios, one must manipulate switches/buttons, no need for other TXs. As they don't have other PTTs like Warthog and Viper. For the looks of it, this is the same on the C101, correct me if I'm wrong.

Now, if the PTT button on the stick=button on the throttle, I've managed to configure VAICOM TX1 for both of them. Didn't come as far as to see if I'm wrong and there are actually more in the plane. But it seems to me that the panel on the right makes you manipulate which one is the active transmit while you listen to all. Hence the different volume knobs. Am I totally far out in this?

Well. Reading your post again. I guess I am.

That the buttons throttle and stick makes no sense to me. Shouldn't one be for ICU, and one for selected transmit radio? In that case. You'll only need TX1 and 5, and there should not be any TX2 at all, as that would be unrealistic. But VAICOM can handle this through the selector wheel I guess single or multi. I've never tried that though.

Sorry, if I'm a knob and got it totally wrong!

But I for sure don't get why you need different setup for the seats. Did you say this is for SP or MP?

I'll look more into it when I get home, 'cause I find it interesting, and want to understand. There's always cool things one can do to have a better experience.

As I said Hollywood will probably sort you out!

Cheers!