Russian Cruise missile Kalibr in the Sim

pepin1234

I see we got in our Encyclopedia the 3M54 missile. It is a Russian Cruise missile compared to Tomahawk one. The only base launcher can carry this missiles in Sim is the Submarine Kilo also in Encyclopedia.

I dint tested yet because I am sure they are not implemented. They both are not yet working in DCS right? How is supposed to work if the Submarines are not operational in this Sim and this missile should be launched in immersion??

Maybe they will make some kind of Russian vessel to launch those missiles?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Other to the "never" complete list and on To Do by ED.... :D That require ED implement sub launch functionality. I think we see previously the Type VII sub and the S-130 torpedo boat armed with torpedos enable first, after can coming sub launched antiship missiles on Kilo and expected proper torpedoes.

Some years ago I build a Kilo armed with Styx missiles, but all exploded when fire underwater.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

Other to the "never" complete list and on To Do by ED.... :D That require ED implement sub launch functionality. I think we see previously the Type VII sub and the S-130 torpedo boat armed with torpedos enable first, after can coming sub launched antiship missiles on Kilo and expected proper torpedoes.

The Ships you did mention are in Encyclopedia too?

So as you confirm they are only anti-ship type? It is Solid will not be ground target hammer?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The only country in the current map with Kilo class are Iran and the producer Russia. Not sure if the Iranian variant is compatible with this weapon as they have the first serie, while Russia have improved modernized Kilo, sound weird they only will shot anti-ship Kalibr.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'd wager torpedo mechanics being first introduced for WW2 submarines isn't a matter of priority but rather of practicality. Those would be much simpler, shorter range weapons to first implement submarine warfare before moving on to the more advanced, modern sub weaponry, including sub-launched missiles.

I'd wager torpedo mechanics being first introduced for WW2 submarines isn't a matter of priority but rather of practicality. Those would be much simpler, shorter range weapons to first implement submarine warfare before moving on to the more advanced, modern sub weaponry, including sub-launched missiles.

Well the hornet is supposedly getting the Mk-40 Destructor and Mk-63 Quickstrike naval mines (essentially Mk-80 series bombs(?) with conversion kits) both are aircraft laid, bottom, influence mines. The Mk-40 actually appeared in the model viewer recently. So underwater weapons are probably coming in the forseeable future.

I think at least the Mk-40 can also be used as land mines, but it doesn't really make sense not to implement it's ability to be a naval mine.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

The only country in the current map with Kilo class are Iran and the producer Russia. Not sure if the Iranian variant is compatible with this weapon as they have the first serie, while Russia have improved modernized Kilo, sound weird they only will shot anti-ship Kalibr.

Meanwhile the actual Persian Gulf map, Iran has not confirmed Club-S missiles on Kilo submarine, other navies as PLAN, Algeria, India and Vietnam, has that capability.

Torpedoes has the main weapons on incoming WW2 ship / submarine. Has only a matter of time as ED implement them into DCS World. The same situation on ASW aircrafts and helos.