From the russian forum..... - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-13-2013, 09:45 AM   #11
Kaktus29

interesting, doing a more simulated T-72 is of course wonderful and amazing, of course only if your side will win the air war.. if not, it will make more sense to play from tactical point of view on F10 where you decide to move units around the map, hide units (camouflage), activate SAM's according to EW radar stations and lead more of a guerrilla style warfare and if you are wining the air war obviously it would be great being in the tank and supporting the troops, leading the attack etc..
Kaktus29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:50 AM   #12
Silver_Dragon
ED Translator

Send a message via MSN to Silver_Dragon

Thank wags and Storm363 by the correct English translate, very appreciate

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893
DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=104115
21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/
Silver_Dragon Youtube
Spanish 4Th Perrus Squadon Member: http://www.4thperrus.com
Silver_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:15 PM   #13
Flying Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven68 View Post
Bring it on. If this can get to the level of Steel Beast then I can see more takers for CA.
I do wonder though will EDGE ground detail get close to that?
I would love CA to be a true competitor to SBP (which, if you haven't played it, is awesome and worth every penny), but there is an enormous gap to fill to get there, even if the vehicles and ballistics become more accurate and less generic.

The most obvious element is the level of terrain detail ( by which I mean things like detailed height maps, terrain smoothing and thick tree cover) as opposed to looking like ARMA 3. Looking at the latest EDGE screenshots (as at the 8th) it's not particularly reassuring that it's going to enough of a step up to make CA playable as a tank sim rather than a strategy game/target range... SBP v3, even though it's a big step up from v2.6, has pretty workmanlike graphics, but the terrain height detail gives you enough workable hull down positions that it's possible to play, rather than the (current) CA problem of having massive open bowling green style plains and trying to do strange things behind unrealistically sharp crests in order to use them as a battle position.

Then there's things like dug in positions, obstacles, realistic artillery, proper handling of thermal signature, ricochets, tree being colideable and blocking line of sight (a key one!), improved damage model, more dynamic formation level control etc etc.... I don't know what's planned for the CA update and I don't seriously expect all those areas to be addressed, but I think they are necessary if CA is ever to become a "serious" tank sim. It's not a small job.

On the problem of mixed mode servers. It's not having the A-10 hunting you that's the problem, it's the fact that most people play with the expectation that they can respawn and re-join the fray so unless you are playing an Iraq 1991/2003 style one sided drubbing scenario, realistic threats and realistic ratios of ground to air forces (i.e. not having an infinite supply of A-10's on call for the whole of a 2-3 hour ground battle) are going to be a bit of a culture shock.

I really really want CA to be great, I'd love a serious tank sim with a realistic representation of airborne assets, but it's currently the only module that I could honestly say disappointed me and, whilst I will reserve my judgement until the announcement, I suspect that the changes will not go nearly far enough, at least in part because they would involve uneconomic engine changes.

Last edited by Flying Penguin; 11-13-2013 at 12:24 PM.
Flying Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 04:35 PM   #14
Wags
ED Team

The CA series will very much be an iterative process.
Wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 04:45 PM   #15
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Penguin View Post

I really really want CA to be great, I'd love a serious tank sim with a realistic representation of airborne assets, but it's currently the only module that I could honestly say disappointed me and, whilst I will reserve my judgement until the announcement, I suspect that the changes will not go nearly far enough, at least in part because they would involve uneconomic engine changes.

I will be happy if the changes made open the door for third party add-ons for more intricate simulation of ground vehicles. I dont expect that ED could make all the vehicles as detailed as the A-10, but if they can lay the foundation for outside sources to do so... that would be very interesting.

@Wags, I dont know if you can comment, but will the physics of ground vehicles (falling, rolling, getting airborne, floating in water, etc) be improved at all? or is that something more for farther down the road or not even on the radar yet?
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:00 PM   #16
Flying Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wags View Post
Appreciate that and any step down that long road is a welcome one!

Last edited by Flying Penguin; 11-13-2013 at 09:16 PM.
Flying Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:36 PM   #17
Raven68
Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to Raven68

Quote:
Got to crawl before you can walk. I have a feeling that you all are laying a decent foundation for when it comes time to walk.
GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)
Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System
Windows 10 Professional
TrackIR 5
Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals
Raven68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:52 PM   #18
Silver_Dragon
ED Translator

Send a message via MSN to Silver_Dragon

The same will happen with the naval theme. Before swimming, you have to get wet and kicking.

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893
DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=104115
21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/
Silver_Dragon Youtube
Spanish 4Th Perrus Squadon Member: http://www.4thperrus.com
Silver_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:00 PM   #19
EagleEye
ED Translator

Quote:
I´m very much looking forward to the next steps.

Modul-Timeline
Spoiler:

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals
EagleEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:30 PM   #20
shagrat
ED Translator

maybe in between somebody can fix the acceleration axis command for ground vehicles? It's a bit silly to hold a button on the HOTAS Warthog cause they messed up the axis while adding egoshooter style button acceleration... big issue for me at least.

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
Win 10 | i5 7600K@4.0GHz | 32GB | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | TM HOTAS Warthog custom extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs |a hand made UFC | AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)
shagrat is offline   Reply With Quote