JUST DOGFIGHT server thread - Page 17 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-15-2019, 03:16 PM   #161
Flighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkman222 View Post
What happened to the server? It seems to be offline for 2 days now. Or at least I cant reach it from Germany?

Hi darkman.
The stable version seems there as well as the open beta. Which one was not visible to you ?
I did a restart on the open beta, please see if is has now appeared.
Cheers !
Old 05-15-2019, 04:48 PM   #162
darkman222

Thanks. Neither the open beta nor the stable one was visible. But the open beta server appeared 30 minutes after I was posting here.
darkman222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 02:16 PM   #163
stuart666

Thanks for this great server, I rarely go anywhere else when I want a dust up now. Its a first rate place to practice ACM.

Is there any possibility you might do another server dedicated to WW2 combat? Many has been the time I was flying my Spitfire, wishing we had a similar server to this one just to pull some G's and let off some lead.
stuart666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 09:41 PM   #164
darkman222

I have a question about Tacview on this server. I think this happens also on other multiplayer servers, but as I am on this server most of the time, I would like to ask here. If there is already a thread about Tacview I just dont find it and I would be grateful if someone can post a link... Tacview works fine in singleplayer for me. It creates an acmi file in documents/tacview. But all the Tacview files from multiplayer sessions are corrupt. 1KB or 0KB. I remember I once managed to get a working one. But i dont remember what I exactly did. Just connected to one slot then disconnected maybe. Any advice?
darkman222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 09:37 PM   #165
uzver

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkman222 View Post
I have a question about Tacview on this server. I think this happens also on other multiplayer servers, but as I am on this server most of the time, I would like to ask here. If there is already a thread about Tacview I just dont find it and I would be grateful if someone can post a link... Tacview works fine in singleplayer for me. It creates an acmi file in documents/tacview. But all the Tacview files from multiplayer sessions are corrupt. 1KB or 0KB. I remember I once managed to get a working one. But i dont remember what I exactly did. Just connected to one slot then disconnected maybe. Any advice?
On this server - tacview is not working. If you still want to get it to tacview, you should watch replay from this server, cuz tacview can scan replays too. So you need just to open replay and watch it in real time(don't know what will happen if you increase speed), and in this time you'll get working acmi file.
Old 06-12-2019, 04:15 PM   #166
uzver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flighter View Post
Cheers !
Hi. Can you make some balance for 27 fuel load? On beta, there is a significant difference in fuel balance between su27 vs m2000 and su27 vs f18. 30% of my fights ends when i'm on someone's six out of fuel.
It's not fair for enemy, because i have less weight, and our planes aren't balanced
And it's not fair for me, because when i get on someone's six, they just make some moves and waiting when my fuel ends.

So now it's way far from fair fights.
Thanks
Old 06-12-2019, 11:16 PM   #167
uzver

And can you enable export to tacview? After long fights it takes a lot of time to rewatch replay and get working .acmi file from fights.
Old 06-15-2019, 05:51 PM   #168
chappingbrillopad1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMN1...ature=youtu.be

This is from the Just Dogfight server on release. If guys have mods to do that, they've probably got mods to do just about anything else.

I miss the time when I could get legit 1v1 gun fights where people were flying without mods on their DCS installs.
chappingbrillopad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 05:53 PM   #169
chappingbrillopad1

Quote:
Originally Posted by uzver View Post
Hi. Can you make some balance for 27 fuel load? On beta, there is a significant difference in fuel balance between su27 vs m2000 and su27 vs f18. 30% of my fights ends when i'm on someone's six out of fuel.
It's not fair for enemy, because i have less weight, and our planes aren't balanced
And it's not fair for me, because when i get on someone's six, they just make some moves and waiting when my fuel ends.

So now it's way far from fair fights.
Thanks

Then your TWR will be terrible and you'll still be at a disadvantage compared to other modules just a different disadvantage.
chappingbrillopad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 09:14 PM   #170
uzver

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappingbrillopad1 View Post
Then your TWR will be terrible and you'll still be at a disadvantage compared to other modules just a different disadvantage.
Yeah... i got it later... Flight models sucks. F18 better than real one. F15 better than real. M2000 better than real. And flanker worse than real. My ass burns because of it.

Tags
dogfight, just dogfight, server