What is re-activation vs Yes?

HeavyTemplar

Here the situation. I've been running OpenBeta with all of my modules, no problems and everything works. I recently installed the Stable version (because I can) and the module manager is letting me know I have modules with them all listed with checks in the boxes - Simple enough. I click okay, a pop up comes up with my key already populated and it takes me to the next dialog.

"Activation with this Serial Number has already been performed and the license is still active.

Run without re-activation?"

Yes

or

Activate

What to pick? I clicked the help link to get a better understanding of my options and there is nothing there that thoroughly explains these choices. I searched the forum here but I only have so much time in a day.

ED, your documentation could be better. Maybe give some scenarios when one should choose one option over another in these cases. Throw in a glossary of terms. If we want help just say so. Technical Writing is what I do for a living.

Click yes .. the activation is done just once per PC .. if you add a new DCS instance on the same PC, you dont need to activate again, as the previous activation (of your initial DCS install) is still valid.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks for your response. Your explanation is exactly what I was looking for. Incidentally, I clicked the "X" to close the pop up until I had more information and when DCS loaded, all of my modules were in bright color and working rather than subdued or gray-scale. Either software wizardry in the background or a glitch, I don't know. Hopefully, there is nothing more I need to do.