Challenge Campaign

peter

Got to mission 14:rockets. Is that it? It wont present me with any more missions even though I have completed all successfully. The cross country mission up to 30,000 Ft was fun btw, and the first strafing mission with the exploding trucks was super.

I also cannot get past mission 14. All trucks destroyed with rockets, all gates flown through. Narrator says, "you may now end the mission." Win score only shows 50%.

Not sure how to move on.

Edited campaign missions

Hi,

there were missing flags/victory conditions in the missions.

Here is what I editedin attachment. to be copied into the game program directory (DCSWorld/mods/P-51D/Mission/campaign/en etc...)

Should work for you hopefully.

Later, I noticed the bomb mission are extremely difficult: two bombs for 5-6 trucks and no big explosion of fuel truck (as in strafing before)...perhaps a bug.

Mission 15 - Rockets with More Difficulty.miz

Mission 14 - Rockets.miz

Mission 16 - Rockets Moving Targets.miz

Details:

Asus Z-170E, Intel i5-6600K @ 4.2GHz, 16GB RAM

MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G

Win 10 Home

Hi,

there were missing flags/victory conditions in the missions.

Here is what I editedin attachment. to be copied into the game program directory (DCSWorld/mods/P-51D/Mission/campaign/en etc...)

Should work for you hopefully.

Later, I noticed the bomb mission are extremely difficult: two bombs for 5-6 trucks and no big explosion of fuel truck (as in strafing before)...perhaps a bug.

Thanks for this! I'm having the same issue here (as I imagine everyone is).

P.S. I saw all the mission names when putting these modified missions in the campaign folder and I spotted "mission 23: 1 vs 2 P-51D", yikes!!

SPECS: Intel Core i5 760 @ 3.2 Ghz +turboboost enabled, 12 GB DDR3 1600 @ 1500 Mhz, ATI Radeon 5850, TrackIR 5, X52 Pro and Saitek pedals

Also, now when I successfully complete 'mission 20: unarmed helicopters', the campaign just sends me back to 'mission 19: convoy bombs' again. Is this a known bug or just me?

SPECS: Intel Core i5 760 @ 3.2 Ghz +turboboost enabled, 12 GB DDR3 1600 @ 1500 Mhz, ATI Radeon 5850, TrackIR 5, X52 Pro and Saitek pedals

Description:

A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: AppHangB1

Application Name: DCS.exe

Application Version: 1.1.2.1

Application Timestamp: 4fa3d0c6

Hang Signature: d60c

Hang Type: 2048

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 3081

Additional Hang Signature 1: d60cdfe3602a335c5e03a04fb61572d4

Additional Hang Signature 2: ba45

Additional Hang Signature 3: ba453f2d2805e82413b07572d942a5aa

Additional Hang Signature 4: d60c

Additional Hang Signature 5: d60cdfe3602a335c5e03a04fb61572d4

Additional Hang Signature 6: ba45

Additional Hang Signature 7: ba453f2d2805e82413b07572d942a5aa

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Almost every time in the first bombing mission in the challenge campaign DCS just locks up as soon as I click button to release bombs. I hear the 'clunk' of the release but just a big freeze right there with engine sound audio just looping on. I'm forced to Ctl-Alt-Del back to windows which gives me the (advanced) message above when I go to kill it off. First and only mission this has happened in and appears to be happening almost consistently with this mission only (so far).

DxDiag.txt

Online as Hawk 5

I also cannot get past mission 14. All trucks destroyed with rockets, all gates flown through. Narrator says, "you may now end the mission." Win score only shows 50%.

Not sure how to move on.

I second that.^ It happened to me as well.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Looking closer in editor I found that there are two versions of missions 17, 18 and 19.

The usual campaign mission name convention in this series is: Mission ** - Name.miz

Note the space each side of the dash.

Eg.

Mission 17 - Bombs.miz

Mission 17- Bombs.miz

Mission 18 - Bombs with More Difficulty.miz

Mission 18- Bombs with More Difficulty.miz

Mission 19 - Bombs With Moving Targets.miz

Mission 19- Bombs With Moving Targets.miz

In the editor the mission files with the missing space ie Mission17- Bombs.miz and Mission18- Bombs with More Difficulty.miz have the target ground units spaced far apart.

The other two mission files have the target units in a close group which would much more easily be able to be destroyed with a bomb drop and I think are the correct missions especially as the mission name also matches campaign convention.

The campaign refers to the files with the missing space and as such have the target units spaced too far apart to successfully complete the mission.

I can't see a difference between the two Mission 19 versions in the editor myself.

Can someone else confirm they see the same duplicates?

I guess they are left over version made during campaign testing and the campaign references the wrong mission files? At least for these few.

Online as Hawk 5

Looking closer in editor I found that there are two versions of missions 17, 18 and 19.

The usual campaign mission name convention in this series is: Mission ** - Name.miz

Note the space each side of the dash.

Eg.

Mission 17 - Bombs.miz

Mission 17- Bombs.miz

Mission 18 - Bombs with More Difficulty.miz

Mission 18- Bombs with More Difficulty.miz

Mission 19 - Bombs With Moving Targets.miz

Mission 19- Bombs With Moving Targets.miz

In the editor the mission files with the missing space ie Mission17- Bombs.miz and Mission18- Bombs with More Difficulty.miz have the target ground units spaced far apart.

The other two mission files have the target units in a close group which would much more easily be able to be destroyed with a bomb drop and I think are the correct missions especially as the mission name also matches campaign convention.

The campaign refers to the files with the missing space and as such have the target units spaced too far apart to successfully complete the mission.

I can't see a difference between the two Mission 19 versions in the editor myself.

Can someone else confirm they see the same duplicates?

I guess they are left over version made during campaign testing and the campaign references the wrong mission files? At least for these few.

could be for max completion or minimum completion. A-10C had the same, but numbered 1-2-1 or 1-2-2 or 1-2-3 which I think depended on the mission completion and how it played out.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

• 1 year later...

Have done this campaign up to the mission with me vs 2 P51s. I have the following comments.

Initially the campaign was good up to vs the other P51. The AI P51 is very difficult to take on in a dogfight. It flys much better has a better turn radius and climb rate than the AFM flown by the player. So this leads to a difficult time to get any damage on the AI aircraft. The other problem is the armour on the P51, it takes a lot of hits to take one out. So as an adversary this is extremely difficult to defeat and win aside using Imortal and unlimited ammunition even then it is very difficult to take them on. The same can be said about the 2 x Hinds. Both behave by going into a near hover and facing you as you try to shoot them.(they out turn you every time, the only way to get them is sneak up on them from 6 o'clock and that's your only chance) they are also very heavily armoured so taking them out is also very difficult. Maybe in order to make the campaign good for any simmer to win it should be considered to replace the P51 and Hinds as adversaries and use instead aircraft of less armour and less performance in order to make it possible for players to defeat them. The A/G part was very good and the AAA is fun to avoid.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

• 4 years later...

Hey guys, I was recently flying through the challenge campaign again, and on Mission 8 flying under the bridges. The last two gates have a stand of trees mostly blocking them in the 2.5 open beta. I was able to make it through the gates, but I wasn't able to actually make it under the bridge.

Screen_180227_175251.thumb.jpg.5ed26003c836c31b0f9a6a8bc012bf19.jpg

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

• 9 months later...

Hay Guys,

sorry if obsolete, but in the first Rockets mission as soon as the AMTZ in the first group of trucks blows up, everything blows up, including my aircraft, no matter how far away I am at the detonation. Is there something wrong, or maybe the latest update messed up something?

THX

• 3 months later...
Hey guys, I was recently flying through the challenge campaign again, and on Mission 8 flying under the bridges. The last two gates have a stand of trees mostly blocking them in the 2.5 open beta. I was able to make it through the gates, but I wasn't able to actually make it under the bridge.

[ATTACH]180052[/ATTACH]

Me too. I looked up on YouTube for clues as to how to complete the second bridge and all the videos showed them do it easily because there were no trees around the second bridge. They've obviously added the trees since. The only way I could complete it was to approach from a slightly different angle - but that meant missing out the penultimate gate and it did not recognize that I had completed both bridges (which was frankly rather bollocks). Has anyone actually done mission 8 with the bridges with the trees there around the second bridge. Frankly it looks pretty impossible since the trees are almost directly in front of the bridge so I'm inclined to ask for a video in proof.

You can remove the annoying trees in the mission editor.

I passed the mission with an a version of your suggestion: I was not smart enough with the mission editor to remove the trees (I'm sure it's possible though) but simply moved the gates and approach path to the last gate so that it went through a gap in the trees slightly to the left of the suggested approach path. It increases the angle off to the final gate but removes the impossible yo-yo required with the trees in the way.

I also note that, although you need to fly through all the gates, it does not require you to do each gate straight from the last one. You can muck about as much as you like between gates. So I reckon another method might be to do all the gates but the final one and then loop back after completing the penultimate gate. Then take the final gate at your leisure and from the non-tree angle. You might even be able to negotiate the last gate from the other, seaward side. Much much easier.

Anyway, thanks for your suggestion. It got me there.

• 2 weeks later...

On the third strafe mission you need to destroy a moving convoy, including a ZSU truck + 3 stating ZSU around firing non stop.

On a Mustang. With the MG.

Yeah, it is a challenge I guess, but it was really needed to add a total of 4 ZSU?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 6 months later...

Mission 20 - Unarmed Helo

The mission narrator never says the second helo to have been shot down.

He acknowledges the first being killed but never the second.

Because of this I can't proceed to the next mission.

Log, track and Tacview files attached.

(edit: track file too big, another Tacview file instead)

Several notes on different tries:

- The narrator says the first helo is down although it either crash-lands on the ground or on the water and keeps afloat and fairly intact (the debriefing logs a crash):

- The second helo crashes and disappears and the kill is never credited;

- The Mi-26 damage model is like a MBT, needing insane amounts of ammo to kill it (although on one occasion 63 hits were enough);

- If the Mi-26 crash lands it becomes "indestructible" (on one occasion I rearmed with rockets and only then the helo tail came off but the general condition was "OK-ish" and it never exploded).

P-51D Challenge Campaign [Mission 20 - Unarmed Helo] Log.zip

Tacview-20191122-161042-DCS-Mission 20 - Unarmed Helo.zip.acmi.zip

Tacview-20191122-170738-DCS-Mission 20 - Unarmed Helo.zip.acmi.zip

Edited by Shrimp
Attached files.