DCS I-16 - Page 9 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-09-2019, 11:21 AM   #81
Mastiff
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ala13_ManOWar View Post
Yes,s it's working, but it usually takes a while to start-up. I haven't managed yet to start-up in the very first try, though the second one and third it does catch fire without further ado.

Yeah, well, a bit of both. People's comments, and official comments. Either weird sort of veiled release at first, just a line in Changelog, as well as people realising it's there not saying a word about it.

I know it's a proof of concept for a new third party, not a really welcome module being out of context, but that was expected since firsts mod news. Still I really enjoy in DCS just the pleasure of starting up these kind of beasts and take a spin with it. Could only take a flight yesterday but it's a gorgeous module.

S!
well unable to start still, I quit after 10 tries.

"Asus z370 MX||i7x8700k||ddr4-32gb PC3200||RTX 2080-8gb||EVGA SN 1300 G2 ||turtle beach elite pro 7.1||Win10x64||TrackIr 4/ir||VKB,MCG\ViRpiL,T50cm|MFG CrossWinds||X55 Throttle||G19 Keyboard/Mouse|| Rift VR
32 Samsung|| 1x9inc||
Mastiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 11:32 AM   #82
Ala13_ManOWar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiff View Post
well unable to start still, I quit after 10 tries.
Then just use the auto-start cheat, you can take note of the quoted steps BTW. Really straightforward.

I always say it's not like you need a pilot's license to fly DCS, but in the end it helps I guess .

S!
Old 05-09-2019, 11:59 AM   #83
grafspee

is it only on my end, mssing inertia starter sound ??
grafspee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 04:05 PM   #84
Ala13_ManOWar

Nope, no inertia starter sound on my side, but it's working, some 10-12 secs holding and then starter.

S!
Old 05-09-2019, 04:37 PM   #85
Ala13_ManOWar

Maybe now we have a proper OctopusG section this thread is better suited there.

S!
Old 05-09-2019, 06:27 PM   #86
norbot

Maybe the site-admin could move the thread into the "Licensed Third Party Projects --> OctopusG", as suggested by the OP? Thanks!

Last edited by norbot; 05-09-2019 at 06:33 PM.
norbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 06:57 PM   #87
Freakmeister51

Default I-16

I've just purchased the I-16 and was quite excited about the prospect of flying a new module. But to be honest I was a little disappointed about it when I finally got in to the cockpit. Finally, meaning, it takes twice as long as any other module to load. When I finally get the engine started and begin taxi, it handles pretty much like a supermarket shopping trolley. Surely, the rudder does not wave around like that in the real aircraft. As a result, taking off is almost impossible. I know this is a beta module and it is bound to have a few faults. Can someone please find out whether this wavering around during taxi and take off roll is supposed to happen.
Freakmeister51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 07:11 PM   #88
some1

Disable takeoff assist in special options, it's responsible for the rudder moving by itself.

Hardware: Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Hotas Cougar, Slaw Rudder, Wheel Stand Pro, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Rift S
some1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 07:49 PM   #89
Ercoupe

I'm not interested in this airplane at all, but it does show me what can be done by people working on their own, out there. I would love to see someone try a Japanese fighter. A Hiyate, or a Shoki. I'd love to fly against one of those in my Mustang.
Ercoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 10:12 AM   #90
rogonaut

Ai is hard to fight in a dora, omg its stronk^^
rogonaut is offline   Reply With Quote