noisy sound

Lasul

I bought LOMAC a few weeks ago and I had an interesting time with some friends. There were a few issues like crashes and so on, but at least we had fun. So we decided to buy Flaming Cliffs and since I installed the addon and the updates we had no crash anymore, but unfortunately I have another issue now that keeps me from playing the game. Every time I start the game (meaning flying a plane) the sounds are extremely loud. I spent hours researching in forums and trying to fix it by myself, but I couldn’t find a solution.

Most of the time the noisy sound disappears after the plane starts moving. But when I try to change the view or take a look at the map and switch back to the cockpit the noisy sound is back. Sometimes I can fix this by changing the view again, but most of the time it just doesn’t work.

This sound also appears when all volume sliders are set to 0. I already reinstalled the game, tried to use mods and edited several config files, but without success. I also removed the PCI sound card and used the on-board sound card, but still no luck.

So is there any fix that I can play the game with my friends again?

System and version:

- Flaming Cliffs (Web Installer) updated to v1.12b

- Vista 64 Ultimate (all drivers are up to date)

- Mainboard: Asus Crosshair, Soundcard: Creative Audigy

Edited by Lasul
added line breaks