11 TACTICAL STRIKE GROUP (11 TSG)

picture.php?albumid=1602&pictureid=10253

11 Tactical Strike Group

Our mission statement:

“Maximize fun and flight time for all members while ensuring

that all members of community contribute equally to organize,

make and execute DCS multiplayer events.”

Who are we?

• A Group of friends, that have met through DCS and are dedicated to organizing DCS multiplayer campaigns and having fun

• Seasoned members of DCS community

• Mission makers and active content creators

• EU centered

Who are we looking for?

• Candidates that are looking to contribute to the Group they join, as we offer certainty that others within our Group will pull their weight

• Mission makers, DIY, proactive candidates who can add real value to our community

• Candidates who are capable of taking responsibility of their own learning progression (We do SQN trainings as well, ofc)

• You can speak English and can fly during our time slots (Saturdays 19:30Z (20:30Z during wintertime) - That's 21:30CET)

For additional information; check the link below!

RECRUITMENT INFO AND APPLICATION

Edited by 11TSG_Official

Just curious as to the big splash of promoting your wing when not recruiting?

I thought we were, but the admins do not want to open it up until the current members are trained; which seems to be taking forever for me. I am a very active vpilot flying multiple flights a day and I'd like to see the membership grow so there are people to fly with, but its not my decision.

I've been looking at other wings as well, so I can fly more but haven't found any yet that seem to be a fit for me. I'm not into the rank structure and crap like that. I like realism balanced with the fact it is a sim, which the CVW1 has done well. They are just not active enough for me right now, but hopefully soon. :thumbup:

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

The Salty Dogs

The Salty Dogs are looking for UK and EU members who are interested in flying the F18 and when it is released the F14. We are looking for mature members for good humoured banter and fun while trying to do carrier operations without sucking too badly.

I am a veteran myself and can offer LSO and GCI support to operations and have gone through other squadrons training to gain my carrier qualifications.

Liveries are TBC at the moment as I believe that all should have a say in what we fly in.

Our discord is https://discord.gg/yvq7nW if interested

Any UK / EU squads taking A-10C pilots? I fly other aircraft but I'm concentrating on this for now. FA/18 will come in late when they have finished tweeking it.

Intel i9-9900K processor at 4.60GHz OC

Windows 10, 64 bit

16GB Corsair DDR4 3200 RAM

Asus GeForce RTX 2080, Dual OC 8GB

27" IIyama screen at 2560x1440

Oculus Rift S

Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Saitek Combat rudder pedals

Logitech G13 pad

Thrustmaster MFDs

Casual Flyers are freshly formed group with light attack airplanes in mind.

We are loosely based group and we don't mind if you are member of other squadrons as well. Feel free to hop in on out discord channel and fly with us.

We are sharing game in multiplayer, no dedicated server for now (due to well known reasons).

Rules are rather simple and in short, you are welcome unless you are troublemaker. :)

We Fly L-39, Hawk and C-101 mainly but our games also offer flying for all helicopters out there. Missions are adjusted to fit light attack plane abilities.

Anyway, if you are fond of light attack planes and you don't have place to use it, come to us and fly.

Casual Flyers

• 3 weeks later...

VMA-131.png

Well it's official CSG-1 will be standing up a new squadron VMA-131 in the A-4E to fly alongside our other squadrons:

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet F/A-18C

VF-2 Bounty Hunters F-14B

VF-111 Sun Downers F-14B

VMFA-122 Crusaders F/A-18C

VMA-223 Bulldogs AV-8B

VMA-231 Ace Of Spades AV-8B

HMLA-167 Warriors UH-1

MACS-2 Eyes of the MAGTF Controller Group

Please drop into our discord if you have interest: https://discord.gg/SE9dvFd

New_CSG_png_logo2.png

Edited by Greekbull

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

• 2 weeks later...

TAW DCS Division is looking for new pilots in all modern aircraft types

TAWDCS_Recruiting2019.png

Hello virtual air combat enthusiasts,

The Art of Warfare is a massive gaming community, comprising of many different gaming titles and thousands of active members. To get straight to the point, if you decide to be a member of TAW, we expect you to be active as well.

The TAW DCS DIVISION today, nearly has 100 active members from EUROPE, MIDDLE EAST, NORTH and SOUTH AMERICA.

Our setup is according to USMC ranks, where all members are expected to earn ranks and medals, by contributing to the community by helping out with training pilots, making missions and briefings, aircraft skins, website content, social media content and last but not least; the always very fun daily administrative tasks that are to be expected within an organized community.

We have 3 different Battalions, that differentiate by either geographical location, or type of game play.

These Battalions are as follows:

DCS_PRO_BANNER_52nd.jpg

- 52nd Battalion - Location: EUROPE and MIDDLE EAST - PvP style missions with all players combined and also with dedicated squadrons for international PvP Competitions, and an Aerobatics Team. They have a very Professional setup, but with having FUN and REALISM mixed in a way that can be easily combined with real life obligations.

DCS_PRO_BANNER_33rd.jpg

- 33rd Battalion - Location: NORTH and SOUTH AMERICA - PvP style missions with all players combined and also with dedicated squadrons for international PvP Competitions, and an Aerobatics Team. They have a very Professional setup, but with having FUN and REALISM mixed in a way that can be easily combined with real life obligations.

DCS_HARDCORE_BANNER.jpg

- CVW-88 Battalion - Location EUROPE and MIDDLE EAST and soon USA - PvE/PvP style, Full Fidelity modules only, NAVAL Operations Oriented with 100% Hardcore Virtual Realism in their setup, procedures and missions. The requirements for joining this Battalion are a step higher than for the 52nd and 33rd Battalions, meaning you should already have experience in DCS and have a specific mindset, where the aim is to be as realistic as possible in all combat aviation topics.

We are always looking for more members to add to our big and active community, so our missions can be played with as many human players as possible, to create that awesome realistic and immersive feeling.

We are currently looking for new Fighter pilots, Striker pilots and Helicopter pilots.

We are also looking for members who love the strategic side of missions, so people who own Combined Arms (or are willing to buy it) so they can provide human JTAC, AWACS, ATC and control ground forces.

There are of course limitations in DCS for the amount of players that can be hosted on a single server, but we have multiple high end servers at our disposal to accommodate numerous clients.

If you join TAW DCS, as stated earlier, we expect from you to be an active member, who wants to help in any facet of a community, be friendly to all and treat every single person with respect and honor, but most of all; having fun doing realistic combat missions in the amazing and great Digital Combat Simulator software!

Oh and one thing: this is NOT a game!!

We expect you to attend your squadron’s weekly training sessions and our weekly larger mission events.

Communication is KEY TO SUCCESS in TAW, a simple email, TAW.net website message, or Slack message (the communication program we use, outside of TeamSpeak) goes a long way in mutual respect, if real life comes in the way of your community life!

So if after reading this, you are excited and motivated to join our TAW DCS Community, please go to the following website for more information and to sign up:

http://www.TAWDCS.org

This website is different from our main TAW website, which is http://www.TAW.net

We wish you all blue skies and hope to hear from you!

Edited by Dutch Baron
http://www.TAWDCS.org ### JOINT TASK FORCE JTF-88 ### https://tawdcs.org/battalion/88th/ ### PC: i9 - 32Gb RAM - GTX 1080Ti - TM Warthog Stick and Throttle - MFG Crosswind Black - TrackIR5 - Buddy Fox UFC

• 2 weeks later...

wfN0Szj.jpg

Strike Fighter Squadron Four One (VFA-41)

We're a group of naval aviation / sim enthusiasts, currently flying the F/A-18C Hornet module, with support for any other naval aviation modules such as the F-14 Tomcat, and the AV-8B Harrier.

We currently have a 9 phase training program designed to get rookies and veterans alike of the F/A-18C up to speed on flying the aircraft in realistic carrier-based combat missions.

The squadron is limited to twelve (12) active pilots at any one time. We fly one guaranteed mission a week, scheduled approximately at 9PM EST, and generally fly whenever we're available.

NOTE: As of October 9, 2019, squadron roster is filled up. We are currently not accepting applications until a roster spot opens up again.

History:

The virtual Strike Fighter Squadron Four One was originally formed in 2006 to emulate the real VFA-41 Black Aces, a US Navy F/A-18 squadron, in order to provide structure and support for enthusiasts of Jane's F/A-18E Super Hornet flight simulator. The Black Aces flew nearly 1000 missions until eventually time and technology took their toll, making the sim no longer viable to support squadron carrier-based combat operations. VFA-41 was the last surviving active U.S. squadron in the Jane's F/A-18 multi-player arena.

If you're interested in a small group that likes to fly every week, you can find us at

http://www.vfa-41.com

and at our Discord channel, https://discord.gg/6hxRswB

Edited by NPOSuperhornet

How we work:

CVW-1 is membership driven, we provide dedicated TeamSpeak and SRS (Simple Radio) Servers as well as at least one (1) dedicated mission server at this time. A 5 person administrative staff handles the background work to maintain the website, servers and other operational components required to keep our group running day to day. Each squadron will have a CO, XO team that will handle the squadron’s operation, however we don’t use rank to segregate or stipulate what active members can and cannot do. We encourage members to take active rolls within the group to provide quality additions when and where they can. We embrace a team concept, where no voice or ego out shadows another.

How we train:

CVW-1 has built a training program that brings together the experiences of real world military aviators, aircraft maintainers, and service members, and combines it with actual CNATRA and Fleet Squadron Training materials. Where the limitations of the simulation affect the ‘realism’ factor we adjust the training appropriately. Our training program provides the base for incoming pilots to build upon as they join the fleet, but not at the expense of the fun factor. We don’t accept that this hobby should feel like a job sometimes, and you shouldn’t either. Rest assured that all of our members have completed the training syllabus prior to reaching a fleet squadron. We don’t offer training waivers, nor do we require applicants to do anything every active member hasn’t already done. Ongoing training is key, and as new procedures or pipelines open up, members will have a chance to qualify via training.

How we fly:

We simulate Carrier aviation, which means 90% of our operations will begin and end on the ‘Boat’. As a member you should expect runways that move, and dark nights that require attention to detail, and an adherence to training. We also strive to simulate real world aerial environments and engagements. Not every flight will end with bombs dropped and missiles fired. We aim to simulate not just combat, but peacetime operations as well. We also realize this is a hobby, and try not to take ourselves too seriously. The ultimate goal is to provide a fun and professional environment where member’s time is well spent, and friendships are built and maintained.

Where we plan to go:

It is important to understand that currently Carrier Aviation in DCS is in its infancy. We have selected the DCS F/A-18 as our primary aircraft, but our ultimate goal is to embrace additional carrier aircraft as they become available. We currently require incoming members to own the Hornet module as a minimum, and this will be a standard requirement. All of our training will be conducted utilizing the F/A-18 module. We will continually evaluate were we stand, and how we operate within the DCS environment, and where we see opportunities to adapt new technologies we will. Currently we are testing for implementation of Carrier Air Traffic Control (CATCC) and LSO technologies to provide true to life carrier operations. Check back here periodically, to see what new testing we are doing.

We are open for recruiting now.

Edited by BoneDust

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

I don't know if this is frowned upon, but I am in the process of building a squadron using the VFA-14 Tophatters name. I did a search for its use in this thread and didn't find any, so I believe it's free.

The website will be up in a few days. For those interested, we will be flying both the F-18 and F14 (They currently fly F18E and flew F14A/B before that) and very deep career tracking can be expected.

There are only so many squadrons and I don't want to step on toes by selecting one for representation that is already established. As I said, I did a search here and didn't find anything. Cheers, and Merry Christmas.

Edited by Archaic

i7 - 9700k | EVGA 1080Ti | 32 DDR4 RAM | 750w PS | TM Warthog HOTAS/X-55 | Track IR 5 |

I don't know if this is frowned upon, but I am in the process of building a squadron using the VFA-14 Tophatters name. I did a search for its use in this thread and didn't find any, so I believe it's free.

http://tophatters.club/

Site is under constraction so anounced only there

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205231

But you can try our selfmade skins there

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3302015/

S!

Edited by Adler Blau

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://tophatters.club/

Site is under constraction so anounced only there

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205231

But you can try our selfmade skins there

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3302015/

S!

Ok, missed it. So that one is Russian speaking.

What are the community's unwritten rules on multiple squadrons of based off the same real squadron? As I said, there are only so many to pick from so there are going to be duplicates.

i7 - 9700k | EVGA 1080Ti | 32 DDR4 RAM | 750w PS | TM Warthog HOTAS/X-55 | Track IR 5 |

Bah Humbug Pine Tar - sick of hearing a fuss over duplicating squadron names. Choose what you want & don't worry about it mate.

System specs: WIN 10 64, i7 4790K, ASRock Z97 Extreme6, GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws. SB Live Audio, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pro peds, TIR 5.1 pro clippy thingy, Saitek Eclipse keyboard, Sennheiser headphones & mic

200px-Strike_Fighter_Squadron_14_%28US_Navy%29_insignia_2001.png

http://www.vfa-14.com

Welcome to your new career. Welcome to the Virtual VFA-14 "Tophatters".

Remember this?

e2UIFe8.png

If you're an older gamer like me, you'll remember back in the early 90s when flight sims were THE genre of choice for PC gamers. F-19, F-117A, F-15E, Gunship 2000. We spent hundreds of hours in them, and they all had one thing in common that 20+ years later still has not been reproduced. A real sense of having a career. Personally, it was one of the things I enjoyed most about these games, a feeling of real attachment to your progress.

It was with this feeling of nostalgia in mind that I set out to develop the VFA-14 Tophatters. Like those old Microprose games, members are provided with a sense of ownership over their career with a deep progression system, including dynamic uniforms that each officer in the squadron can watch develop over time as rank and ribbons are added. Full citations are included, logbooks, medal racks, secondary billets, etc. You're guaranteed to feel a real sense of accomplishment and pride as you watch your career develop.

You can see our example here.

More than just this career element that adds a lot of fun, we're also committed to realistically portraying naval aviation -- it's what we're all passionate about -- that's why the framework has been established to flesh out dedicated departments for training and mission/campaign creation, with incentives to promote creativity and community growth.

If you're interested, come check us out. We are very new, but excited to see what the future has in store.

Discord: https://discord.gg/nDwK4ad

x65bZvJ.jpg

Hi Pine Tar !

I do not find your action acceptable. Moreover it’s not nice from your side to ignore already announced squad. That disappoints and I see it even as disrespect not only to our squad but even to all members of this topic at least. Before choosing the name I have personally asked possible squadron mates of existing squads. So I would like to suggest you to change your squad name and emblem or join us (some can speak english not bad), otherwise I do not understand what are you doing at the place, where peolple respect an opinion of eachother.

Adler Blau

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Pine Tar !

I do not find your action acceptable. Moreover it’s not nice from your side to ignore already announced squad. That disappoints and I see it even as disrespect not only to our squad but even to all members of this topic at least. Before choosing the name I have personally asked possible squadron mates of existing squads. So I would like to suggest you to change your squad name and emblem or join us (some can speak english not bad), otherwise I do not understand what are you doing at the place, where peolple respect an opinion of eachother.

Adler Blau

I understand. I didn't want to step on toes, but as you defined your squad as Russian speaking, and ours is VFA-14 (not VF-14), along with the fact that people are taking whole carrier wings with multiple squadrons, the options become limited. There is some distinction in that you're VF and not VFA. I wasn't sure how active you were either since your website wasn't complete.

This is going to happen unless people start inventing fantasy squadrons.

Bear in mind no one owns those names other than the respective nations. Anyone is free to make any squadrons they like. You guys should be happy that government is not like Disney and sue single person to death over using their names.

DCS is a growing game in few years all so called "free" squadrons will run out.

Hi Pine Tar !

Adler Blau

Grow up and someone clean the thread its pathetic, He can create whatever he wants.

Edited by Coxy_99

Hey everyone! If you're interested in flying the F/A-18C hornet I have stood up a new virtual squadron: VMFA-169 "Fightin' Puppers". We aim to fly together online in popular multiplayer servers while keeping the administrative overhead to a minimum!

Come check us out on our Discord if you're interested. In the pinned messages you will find our draft charter which you can read at your leisure.

https://discord.gg/U3wEqnj

69main-site.png

CVW-69 Honeybadgers

https://vfw-69.com/

https://discord.gg/yqEvbd

We're an internet airplane guild, also known as a virtual squadron. We fly in DCS World, and generally fly anything we feel like flying at that particular time. We're usually found in the Hoggit supported Georgia At War server, where we'll be in anything from F/A-18's to Ka-50's depending on what needs doing.

Primarily, we're laid back. We play other games together, we chat about anything and everything, and we try to help eachother out, ranging from learning DCS modules to career advice. We're a wide range of folk - active military, students, sales, technology. Mostly, we're all just the bestest friends <3

All of our pilots are held to the same exacting standards, though they're not neccessarily high standards. To join, first and foremost we have to like you. That's going to simply involve hanging around in Discord, voice chat, and flying some time in DCS with us. From a technical perspective, if you can shoot a missile and bomb a thing and land on the carrier in the F/A-18C Hornet then you're probably good.

Edited by dotalchemy

9j14ywY.jpg

23d Fighter Group

23rd Fighter Group (23 FG) is a new milsim unit for DCS. Currently we are filling our 13th Fighter Squadron for future use as an F-16C squadron. In the interim we are flying the F/A-18C Hornet in a land based capacity.

We are looking for highly motivated, active players that are interested in a heavy milsim environment in game with a casual approach out of game.

Our goal is to provide the resources and training to produce procedurally proficient and tactically capable pilots able to interoperate with any other unit. 23 FG is structured in a manner to provide leadership at every level from own ship up through the squadron. Element and Flight leaders will take their positions seriously and serve as intermediates in the chain of command.

Each new member is given a comprehensive checkride to determine individual level of skill. Any follow-on training is specifically tailored for areas of demonstrated weakness. The majority of our training is focused on tactical employment of our aircraft and supplementary training diving deep into specific systems. We are still willing and able to accommodate new pilots.

The ideal 23 FG member is very active, self-studies, and is striving for continual improvement. We have a heavy focus on self critique and providing positive critical feedback for each other. This feedback is meant to help point out areas for self-improvement and are not meant to degrade or otherwise alienate fellow members.

We don’t have a website but may set one up in the future. If you are interested in joining please pop into our Discord!