F5E Control Binding Suggestions

Radial9

I’m getting ready to spend some significant time learning the F5E over the next few months. Bound controls per Chucks Guide, printed out T.O. 1F-5E-1 Normal Procedures (Bunyap Sims tutorial) and reacquainted myself with Track IR. TrackIR is going to take some getting used to, but I’m determined to overcome my reservations and get across the curve.

I have about 30 hours with the A10C, but for reasons I won’t belabor here, set it aside when the learning campaign turned into a major multi source research project. Other than those hours I’m new to DCS. I know I will return to it when baltic-dragon gets the new A10C training campaign out the door. My eventual goal is carrier operations with the F18 and F14C. I need to get serious about my training if I’m going to get there before the Grim Reaper finds me. Fully retiring soon, so my clock will be my own (amen!).

I’m going to spend some hours just sitting in the front office and learn it with TrackIr and my TM Warthog Hotas and Throttle and these guides over this and next week. Other than the few control bindings Chuck’s Guides had me do, would anyone be willing to offer up some additional controls, buttons and switches that I should be thinking about binding to my hardware as I’m about to go through them all.

I’m going to keep a notebook this time around.

Appreciate any suggestions. I know everyone has different preferences for this and that, but since I’m going through ALL the controls, might save some time to focus on what might be needed down the road in a few weeks now while I’m in there.

Thanks for any suggestions. I have a feeling your guys might be seeing more of me over the next few months. I will make every effort to use the resources at hand before asking for the lazy answer.

Cheers,

Bob

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin

I’m getting ready to spend some significant time learning the F5E over the next few months. Bound controls per Chucks Guide, printed out T.O. 1F-5E-1 Normal Procedures (Bunyap Sims tutorial) and reacquainted myself with Track IR. TrackIR is going to take some getting used to, but I’m determined to overcome my reservations and get across the curve.

I have about 30 hours with the A10C, but for reasons I won’t belabor here, set it aside when the learning campaign turned into a major multi source research project. Other than those hours I’m new to DCS. I know I will return to it when baltic-dragon gets the new A10C training campaign out the door. My eventual goal is carrier operations with the F18 and F14C. I need to get serious about my training if I’m going to get there before the Grim Reaper finds me. Fully retiring soon, so my clock will be my own (amen!).

I’m going to spend some hours just sitting in the front office and learn it with TrackIr and my TM Warthog Hotas and Throttle and these guides over this and next week. Other than the few control bindings Chuck’s Guides had me do, would anyone be willing to offer up some additional controls, buttons and switches that I should be thinking about binding to my hardware as I’m about to go through them all.

I’m going to keep a notebook this time around.

Appreciate any suggestions. I know everyone has different preferences for this and that, but since I’m going through ALL the controls, might save some time to focus on what might be needed down the road in a few weeks now while I’m in there.

Thanks for any suggestions. I have a feeling your guys might be seeing more of me over the next few months. I will make every effort to use the resources at hand before asking for the lazy answer.

Cheers,

Bob

Personally I like to look at the actual hotas of the jet Im flying and map my key bindings to mimic said jet. I use am x55 so cant really help with TMWH setup. You will have more than enough buttons to get a good thing going though for sure the F5 isnt terribly fancy. Just make sure you get your air brake and flaps switch on your left thumb.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

Honestly, set up all the initial actual controls. Weapon release, speed brake, Dogfight mode, radar targeting and such. Fly the plane, then find out what YOU feel needs to be on all the other buttons and switches.

Everyone's diffrent in what they prioritize as not worth taking their hand off the HOTAS to do. May be aircraft controls, may be sim controls. Personally I prefer sim controls for extra buttons because I prefer the mindset of if I have to reach in the real Aircraft, I will in the sim. But stuff like view re centering and zoom and such, that's something I would be doing in a completely diffrent way in the Aircraft.

So start with the basic TRUE HOTAS, Speed brake, Mic, Uncage, flap selector, Borsight cage, Countermeasures, TDC Elevation and Acquisition on the Throttle and Trim, Bomb Rocket, Trigger, Pitch Damper, NWS, Radar Mode on the Stick. Then play with it a bit and figure out what You like.