HARM 88

joojoo

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

It's actually loadable in the aircraft in the current patch 2.5.4 right now

Untitled.thumb.png.33325118a8f1ae0bce85256364304a99.png

Win10 64, MSI Krait Gaming Z370, I7 8700K, Geforce 1080Ti FTW3 ,32 GB Ram, Samsung 980 EVO SSD

Modules: Combind Arms, A-10C, F-86F, F/A-18, F-16, Flaming Cliffs, KA-50, L-39, P-51, UH-1, Christen Eagle II, Persian Gulf

Completely nonfunctional in flight though. Usual placeholder for new weapons. Means we most be getting closer though......

Trying jettisoning them. I just did and they fired. Unfortunately I wasn't aimed at a SAM so I can't tell you anything more.

Edited by WOPR

Trying jettisoning them. I just did and they fired. Unfortunately I wasn't aimed at a SAM so I can't tell you anything more.

I'm not going to bother, they clearly aren't functional in any authentic way. I'll wait a little longer.

Everything else in this update seems good though.....well done ED!

HARM - one of my favorite weapons. Can we use it now?

Please note the latest mini update from Wags:

In parallel, the team is hard at work on the HARM, datalink (SA page, MIDS, Link-16), FLIR rendering tech, and A/G rendering tech.

All of this will be part of 2.5.4.

Yes, the HARM is actually in now after 2.5.4, however, like the GBU's they are unusable.

The GBUS are very usable with the newest patch but the HARM seems to have be included by accident, pretty sure I've read wags state that its more likely to be January for the HARM but I cant find it right now so I might be remembering something wrong.

The GBUS are very usable with the newest patch but the HARM seems to have be included by accident, pretty sure I've read wags state that its more likely to be January for the HARM but I cant find it right now so I might be remembering something wrong.

How are you targeting for the GBUs without a pod? FAC or CCIP is the only way I can think of.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

How are you targeting for the GBUs without a pod? FAC or CCIP is the only way I can think of.

Wags specifically said that GBUs would require off-board designation initially. Similar to the AGM-65-E's. But the munition itself is functioning properly.

i don't see any point to use lgb's in that status. if you want to use something with jtac, just use laser mav's. at least it has a seeker and can engage from a distance

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

i don't see any point to use lgb's in that status. if you want to use something with jtac, just use laser mav's. at least it has a seeker and can engage from a distance

Loadout option 1: LMAVs x 4 (4 potential targets);

Loadout option 2: LMAVs x 2, GBU-12 x 4 (6 potential targets);

Just saying.

EDIT: I also forgot to mention I was tossing LGBs between 4-6 miles from target as well. So, not like I have to be right on top of said target either.

Edited by Baaz

Another advantage is that you don't need visual contact onto the target. You don't have to wait while the missile finds the laser spot but can just drop it.

In some rare situations, you could for example toss the bomb over a hill ridge to hit targets right behind it. It could be dangerous to do it with a maverick if the target was a SAM as you need direct line of sight contact for the mav seeker. But i admit, such situations are very rare :D

In RL, the decision is about money i would say, as GBUs are usually much cheaper than mavericks. Thus, if you don't have a very fast ground mover, you go with the GBUs.