Heatblur A-6 Intruder

No. A Prowler is not possible in DCS. They would have to revamp the entire radar system in game and I doubt that would be an easy task.

Impossible is a strong word. Aren’t they developing A/G radar?

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

Impossible is a strong word. Aren’t they developing A/G radar?

ED has working on the Ground radar technology. The main problem has been implement a realistic Electronic Warfare / Jamming / Deceive vs radars, radio and others systems, other milestone to ED, as other "environments" to implement in DCS.

A EA-6B and others EW aircraft's need simulate the proper jamming equipment and your effects on DCS.

I will be more than happy with a AI Prowler flying around. It has been a key piece in every naval operation for the last 50 years.

There are a lot of things that can be done with scripts and triggers to simulate a jamming plataform. I know It could be very basic compared to the EW enviorment most of us have in mind, but still add a lot for the human experience.

If you have been around since Lock-on, you would probably agree with me and welcome every addition made to the DCS enviorment.

ED has working on the Ground radar technology. The main problem has been implement a realistic Electronic Warfare / Jamming / Deceive vs radars, radio and others systems, other milestone to ED, as other "environments" to implement in DCS.

A EA-6B and others EW aircraft's need simulate the proper jamming equipment and your effects on DCS.

Is this something ED is working on?

We will never have deep enough ew to justify an EW dedicated aircraft. So much is out of the scope of the sim. And even if it wasn't, it doesn't interest a lot of people and/or it is classified

I would absolutely throw money at ED or a third party DCS dev to work on a dedicated EW aircraft. EW has become increasingly important in warfare, and that importance is only going to continue to increase. DOD’s recognition of this alone should make this quite clear.

DCS, by its own name, intends to be as close to an air combat simulation as possible. Given this, and the centrality of EW to past, present, and future air operations, robust EW implementation should absolutely be a priority.

From a gameplay standpoint alone, it adds a whole new level of depth, and new ways to play - unlike something potentially game breaking like AESA.

2080Ti FTW3 Ultra - G.Skill RJ 32GB (16x2) DDR4 3200 - Ryzen 2700X 4.2Ghz OC - Corsair H100i Pro - Samsung 970 EVO M.2 2TB - TMW HOTAS w Delta Sim - F/A-18C grip - 10cm Sahaj - TrackIR 5 Pro - Rift CV1 - MFG CWind - BuddyFox UFC - DSD RK II - Cougar MFDs w/ LCDs - Foxx Mounts - VPC MongoosT-50CM base

- Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Normandy

- Modules: FC3, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C, F-16C, F-86, KA-50, P-51D, WWII assets, and [insert campaign name]

Dreaming of the F-15E / F-14D / Rhino

An interesting article on The Drive: Confessions Of An A-6 Intruder Pilot

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Absolutely a EA-6 would be a welcome addition to the stable. I would love to see electronic ware fare become part of the sim, jamming our SAM sites to support strike packages would add some real depth. It might make missions more likely to include more complex SAM threats to force electronic warfare planes to be used as trying to take them out with SEAD strikes alone.

*cough* you musta meant Tiger.....

+1 :D

And our "Iceman" is called "Cool Hand" :smilewink:

Soo, release date of our beloved A-6E is.....tomorrow? :D ;)

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

I was told during an '80s Red Flag debriefing that "Whichever side had the EF-111, won."

Modern jammers (including the EA-6B) are the electronic equivalent of a nuke...they are such a game-changer that to include it in DCS is to make fights too one-sided.

In a real war, this is a good thing...but in a sim it really takes away the fun.

imho

I'm all for the A-6.

• 2 weeks later...
I was told during an '80s Red Flag debriefing that "Whichever side had the EF-111, won."

Modern jammers (including the EA-6B) are the electronic equivalent of a nuke...they are such a game-changer that to include it in DCS is to make fights too one-sided.

In a real war, this is a good thing...but in a sim it really takes away the fun.

imho

I'm all for the A-6.

Actual EW modeling in DCS is mostly a joke at this point anyway. And given the sensitivity of the subject I doubt that it will improve much.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).