Introducing the VKB-Sim Gunfighter

rrohde

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the gripless option is more aimed towards those of us who already own a VKB stick and just want to upgrade the base.

Exactly - I have a Cobra M5 - and the WWII style grip, whilst nice, is useless for me, as I fly modern jets and space sims. Simply not enough buttons on the WWII stick. If I am going to get he WWII stick, I'd cough up for the metal one when it become available, so, again, the plastic one is a waste for me.

Looking forward to adding this to my control setup... :joystick:

Z...

People used to pay $600 just for U2NXT Uber gimbals, exotic materials and scale of economy are what dictate these things. Plastic can be churned out very quickly once you are tooled up, so machines can poop those parts out by the thousands to satisfy the casuals.

Where did you get that number from? AFAIK, it was around 400 AUD.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

but I've seen them sell for that much on ebay.

And that Evenstrain Cougar was for $1000 on Ebay supposedly, while it was cheaper than NXT mods IIRC, so Ebay prices are no reference.

Even for the last planned run which didn't materialise, the price of U2NXT would have been around the same AFAIK. That would make it closer to half the price you've quoted, just sayin'.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

http://www.aviaavtomatika.com/production/018/

I've seen this site before and imaging we can have a joystick for PDFC like this one... that will be pretty much cool.

------------------------------

and I find this video from utb, and this joystick have throttle...

:poster_offtopic:

VirPil MongoosT-50 topic is here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=180448 :thumbup:

Where did you get that number from? AFAIK, it was around 400 AUD.

Based on linked topic in ~2004 “Nxt” is $395 AUD without Hall sensors"

If I remember well Midori HALL sensors are 100 AUD each from UberNXT maker (today cost ~100$ in Midori USA).

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2552588&postcount=22

Edited by Sokol1_br
  • Like 1

So, just to catch us up ---

(1) Is this still expected to be offered for purchase in Mar?

(2) What are our purchase options in North America? Can we use PayPal?

1) The goal is to ship some time in March 2017, so ordering will open hopefully a bit sooner

2) VKBcontrollers.com - and PayPal is supported

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Hello,

I'm very interested in this setup. 2 questions:

Is there an estimated release date for the throttle?

Would the Gunfighter and/or throttle be compatible with Saitek pedals and /or throttle?

Thanks

Sorry, no ETA for the throttle yet...

When it comes to them being compatible, you mean that if they go into their respective USB ports on your PC, their respective axes will not interfere with one another? Yeah, you can mix and match different peripherals that way. For example, I use my VKB Mamba Mk.III alongside my TM Warthog Throttle, and my Baur pedals.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

rrohde,

Question for you regarding the base:

If I purchase the base and TMW adapter to use with it, will the computer/DCS see the VKB base with TMW stick as a new controller or as the same TMW stick?

I only ask because having to reprogram everything in dcs for a new base would be a major pita.

Thanks,

Sorta

5800X3d, 32GB DDR4@3400, 6800 xt, Reverb G2, Gunfighter/TMWH

If I purchase the base and TMW adapter to use with it, will the computer/DCS see the VKB base with TMW stick as a new controller or as the same TMW stick?

New controller with VKB ID (VID/PID).

TmW grip is just buttons, their "Thrustmaster ID" is inside Tm base controller firmware, that you will no longer using.

In DCS controls you find VKB Gunfighter in new column, so need assign commands as usual. :joystick:

rrohde,

Question for you regarding the base:

I only ask because having to reprogram everything in dcs for a new base would be a major pita.

Thanks,

Sorta

New controller with VKB ID (VID/PID).

TmW grip is just buttons, their "Thrustmaster ID" is inside Tm base controller firmware, that you will no longer using.

In DCS controls you find VKB Gunfighter in new column, so need assign commands as usual. :joystick:

What Sokol said!

I can only speak for my own VKB Mamba w/ TM Warthog grip, and it showed up as VKB Mamba, and I just assigned that from scratch again.

I assume it would be the same for the Gunfighter when it becomes available.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

sorry to ask...

could you answer me the question about the gunfighter?

1) I want to know how many motors could the throttle controlled...

2) and does the enhance panel of gunfighter look like the king mamba's housing base with switches and buttons?

thank you dude.

sorry to ask...

2) and does the enhance panel of gunfighter look like the king mamba's housing base with switches and buttons?

thank you dude.

1) I don't understand what this means...!?

2) No, nothing like the Fat Black Mamba. Here's a teaser shape (that's all I am allowed to show you, even though the renders I've seen are stunning!)

http://vkbcontrollers.com/?product=vkb-sim-gunfighter-ecp

3) I feel awkwardly embarrassed for you to use the term "dude" here... ;)

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

The dude abides. When are they releasing the bloody gunfighter:doh: Actually it can wait another month, I have my eyes on a Kaby lake and associated upgrades;)

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gunfighter control only X and Y axis (like TmW). You need a standalone throttle (VKB or not) for make a "HOTAS".

Their WiP tease (outlined) throttle for WWII seems control one engine - but has more axis for other controls that can be reassigned for other engine. I GUESS that their functions is based on IL-2:BoS single engine fighters controls.

Their "Kosmosimov" throttle : "the layout is quite simple throttle. But with a twist."

The "ECP" is a kind of console (think a sound mixer) with switches, rotaries... with a hole for you place Gunfighter (desktop) base. Is option for one that want a integrated desktop joystick, in similar way to Mambas, but with horizontal layout of additional controls, instead around the base like in Mambas.

All this is supposition - based in "leaks" (that may be is just to mislead). :)

Opera resume: Be patient. :D

The dude abides. When are they releasing the bloody gunfighter:doh: Actually it can wait another month, I have my eyes on a Kaby lake and associated upgrades;)

Nothing has changed from the initial plan here - at least I haven't heard anything different from VKB HQ: Production run throughout February, ordering towards end of February, shipping some time in March (yes, that's 2017). :D

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Nothing has changed from the initial plan here - at least I haven't heard anything different from VKB HQ: Production run throughout February, ordering towards end of February, shipping some time in March (yes, that's 2017). :D

Does this include the options to get just the Gunfighter Pro base, extension, plus Warthog adapter?

Does this include the options to get just the Gunfighter Pro base, extension, plus Warthog adapter?

You will be able to order the VKB Gunfighter base, a VKB TM Warthog adapter, and a VKB 200mm extension (with smaller base plate) as individual items from the shop.

If you want to bundle the Base with the extension, you might as well buy the Gunfighter Pro (includes tabletop base plate, KG12 plastic grip, extension, smaller base plate), and then order the adapter on top of that.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com