DCS Enhanced Terrain (Texture Mod)

toby23

Afxl0.jpg

----------------------------------------

DCS Enhanced Terrain Texture Pack

----------------------------------------

This is a free ground texture mod for all four seasons, colour matched to existing DCS World textures.

I've used high resolution aerial photography source material from the Sochi Adler region.

UPDATE 23/09/2013

Edit the following text in your High.lua file in the --Old Noise section Line 42 to scale the textures so that they fit better to the towns and villages. (Thanks Mustang)

noise1PerSquare = 3.0; -- was 5.0
DOWNLOAD THIS MOD FROM HERE

If you enjoy using this mod, then click on the tiny red/white +- icon on the left to show your appreciation.

Enjoy.

Toby

----------------------------------

Version 1.1 UPDATE 10/09/13

----------------------------------

- Improves the texture repeat from high altitude

- Readme updated for people with windows permission problems

- Sweet FX Settings included

Rz3ve.jpg

0zLw.jpg

Edited by toby23
Broken Links
  • Like 3

Ryzen 5800X, 32GB RAM, RTX 3060

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet. I can't wait! :thumbup:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I can't wait. I have been using his runway mod for two years.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Before i install is this better looking then DTAC?

I haven't compared the two yet, but they both change the same noise file. You could always decide which noise you like better and then use that with the DTAC trees.

Unfortunately when you go to few hundreds meters the ground looks like you are above one thousand. I think this is the limit of current technology and we should use better some "abstract" noise (like the b_noise.tga file iirc) instead of hires pictures of houses from above that look odd when down low.

I use a combo of this mod from this thread. Trees, and ground noise when you go low low... looks like cracks in the ground but ads detail to the ground terrain textures without creating a feeling you are high alt when you are actually low.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Hey Zaelu,

You're right but that's not a limitation of the engine, it's a limitation of the textures that I have.

What you're seeing are photos taken from around 5000 feet.

You can buy 100mx100m (0.1km2) textures for EUR 20 each and only from certain countries, so it is only worth purchasing them if you are producing payware, for example the airports that ORBX make.

I'm doing this for free in my spare time so no mega high resolution at super low level, sorry.

You can experiment with the noise texture but I only see it kick in at a really low level eg 200 feet and then only in a 30m radius around my aircraft, the same with clutter.

My advice is to stay above 500 feet and enjoy the view :)

Edited by toby23

Ryzen 5800X, 32GB RAM, RTX 3060