After the Tomcat?

carss

HAHA I already know of that ;) ;)

Kinda the reason I said so XD

Well if a Gripen is off the table, we know it isn't because of a lack of motivation on the part of Heatblur :D

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Well if a Gripen is off the table, we know it isn't because of a lack of motivation on the part of Heatblur :D

Haha ofcourse ;) If Heatblur gets the green light, we know we're all in for a treat and most certainly won't be disappointed :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

I find it odd if Saab wouldn't want to add some marketing for their Gripen, by offering help the developers with documents and some other access.

We already know that developing a single module is six figure business, sums talked about are 150 000€ per module and so on.

That money is not much if one considers the marketing they get if they invest it to DCS module by the weapon manufacturers.... We are after all talking about weapons manufacturers whoms whole business is war, or at least fear of war. And they have very deep pockets.

And when weapon manufacturer offers documentation and some time to get answers for questions where documents doesn't tell things or reveal, it speeds up the process after all the legal stuff has been dealed first.

And Saab would definitely get a lot of marketing with "DCS: Saab JAS 39 Gripen" how to deal Flankers and Eagles on the sky.... And how to offer best Air-to-Ground operations.

But problem might be that Saab might not want to take DCS too seriously, considering that mobile game (that has as well costed lots of money to make) so how much serious data they would offer?

I wasn't so interested for Eurofighter Typhoon, when it was knowledged officially being dropped out by one of the studios, but Gripen would totally head for fighter list top. As it would be great for many militaries pilots as at least home simulation, or fans to enjoy Gipen and talk more about it and so on get more visibility for it. As now it feels that Saab has difficulties with Gripen sales when it always goes head to head in deals with different militaries and there is Super Hornet, F-35 and some others put against it.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Actually...

I think that Heatblur should do something that benefits us all, regardless if the player likes about jets or helicopters.

Heatblur should do a "DCS: Commander" module. Finish what the ED couldn't do with their Combined Arms.

Offer a way to command ground/sea units as real military procedures are done. Having a zoom view, strategical maps, communication networks, intelligence department, satellite view, task lists, troop assigments etc.

So owner of module could actually go and play the DCS as a big RTS game. No issuing orders directly to groups or individual units required, just command "Company X, arrive to City Y at 18:15, prepare defensive positions to North-East direction. March to location using route of this (giving couple waypoints, or just direction from where to arrive) Set the defensive line here and here, Enemy is not allowed to get positions at these areas (draw a circles on map), expected enemy directions (draw a arrows on map) and expected enemy strength is XY and Z (list a possible kinds). Then let the AI to do the rest. Once the company has arrived to location, they prepare by AI locations to given heading and use the proper counter units.

If the player now wants, they can coom closer to set defensive lines for platoons, give them the more specific zones, engagement lines, rally points, reserve positions and then commands when to open fire and if required to do a counter attack, to what position and how far.

Zooming again closer and player can issue squad commands, individual headings, positions, zones etc.

And one zooming closer and now you are controlling individual unit.

The module would allow "IrisZoom" feature kind from the Eugen game "Wargame" but using current DCS free camera. Commanding should be as easy and simple as in Close Combat series and Wargame series.

But not the units itself, but issuing the simple commands always to military fashion. Draw a line, draw a arch, set times, set points and so on.

No micromanagement at higher level, you need to go low to do it. So if you want to choose a tank platoon formation, you need to be a tank platoon commander. you are then in one of the vehicles issuing that command. And then you are not commanding anything larger scale or other than your tank platoon. Jump off to birds view to general position viewing satelite imagery, strategy map of just icons and you just get to issue large scale commands where company X is going.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Actually...

I think that Heatblur should do something that benefits us all, regardless if the player likes about jets or helicopters.

Heatblur should do a "DCS: Commander" module. Finish what the ED couldn't do with their Combined Arms.

Offer a way to command ground/sea units as real military procedures are done. Having a zoom view, strategical maps, communication networks, intelligence department, satellite view, task lists, troop assigments etc.

So owner of module could actually go and play the DCS as a big RTS game. No issuing orders directly to groups or individual units required, just command "Company X, arrive to City Y at 18:15, prepare defensive positions to North-East direction. March to location using route of this (giving couple waypoints, or just direction from where to arrive) Set the defensive line here and here, Enemy is not allowed to get positions at these areas (draw a circles on map), expected enemy directions (draw a arrows on map) and expected enemy strength is XY and Z (list a possible kinds). Then let the AI to do the rest. Once the company has arrived to location, they prepare by AI locations to given heading and use the proper counter units.

If the player now wants, they can coom closer to set defensive lines for platoons, give them the more specific zones, engagement lines, rally points, reserve positions and then commands when to open fire and if required to do a counter attack, to what position and how far.

Zooming again closer and player can issue squad commands, individual headings, positions, zones etc.

And one zooming closer and now you are controlling individual unit.

The module would allow "IrisZoom" feature kind from the Eugen game "Wargame" but using current DCS free camera. Commanding should be as easy and simple as in Close Combat series and Wargame series.

But not the units itself, but issuing the simple commands always to military fashion. Draw a line, draw a arch, set times, set points and so on.

No micromanagement at higher level, you need to go low to do it. So if you want to choose a tank platoon formation, you need to be a tank platoon commander. you are then in one of the vehicles issuing that command. And then you are not commanding anything larger scale or other than your tank platoon. Jump off to birds view to general position viewing satelite imagery, strategy map of just icons and you just get to issue large scale commands where company X is going.

Uhm, that's something that should be or even has to be done by ED themselves as it concerns core gameplay features of DCS. In fact ED was already working on "Combined Arms 2.0", although I haven't heard anything about it in a while.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The point is, DCS has it's biggest scope in jets, be it cold war or modern era. For modern era we already have a bunch of American 4th gen jets that are either there or incoming. Unfortunately Eastern bloc jets are extremely harder although we are getting the JF-17.

If there is scope and room for European early 4th gen fighters then I think it can certainly be done. Obviously the latest variants can't be made but it's completely fine. 4th gen fighters is what most people want.

A JAS-39A/C certainly does peak my interest. I wonder if any other European 4th gens have a possibility in DCS? We already have the M2K, but which else could be possible?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

Although it's usally reffered to as a 3rd gen jet, I still hope for the Tornado and the fact that Cobra said that their new project will make use of their previous work makes me think that they might be actually working on a Tornado already, because:

• Ground Mapping Radar (Viggen)
  • Variable Sweep Wings (Tomcat)
  • Thrust Reverse (Viggen)
  • Multicrewing -> JESTER AI (Tomcat)

All this is necessary for a Tornado. It would definately a dream come true for me if that really happens :)

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

I still hope for the Tornado

So do I !

And, while it´s most probably nothing I did notice that in one of the included quick missions for the Viggen in Normandy, the Harbor strike one, you work together with some German Tornados, while they could´ve done the same mission with just Viggens.

I know, that means absolutely nothing at all, but I´m clutching at straws :music_whistling::smilewink:

My heart say: PLS let it be a Tornado

But my brain say: We need an eastern simulated and full clickable module, as counterpart or F-14 and F-18. So let it be maybe a Mig-23 or Mig-29

I think it would be difficult, to make a good PVP balance between the western simulated planes and the eastern FC3 jets.

Intel Core i9 13900K; Palit GeForce RTX 4090; 64GB Kingston FURY DDR5

Steam | Discord | Twitch | YouTube | Instagram

Yes, but eastern jets are hard to come by.

yeah i know and that would be a bigger problem for the 23, but what is with 29.

after the udssr the german "luftwaffe" had some types and there the 29 isnt a big secret.

or not?

yeah i know and that would be a bigger problem for the 23, but what is with 29.

after the udssr the german "luftwaffe" had some types and there the 29 isnt a big secret.

or not?

I'm afraid things are not that easy ;)

Classification is one thing (which might still be an issue here!), but licenses are another thing. The MiG-29 is a russian product no matter who flew it.

Tornado3 small.jpg

Classification is one thing (which might still be an issue here!), but licenses are another thing. The MiG-29 is a russian product no matter who flew it.

and for the 29 at flaming cliffs they didn't need a license?

It's probably much easier to obtain a license for a flaming cliffs module than for a fully functional DCS-level module.

But these things are NDA so we can speculate as much as we want, but truth is we have absolutly no insight in these things.

Tornado3 small.jpg

I'd guess it's for the detailed systems modeling that they require the license. I know that, for FSX, Project Open Sky didn't need a license for their Boeings because they only did the external model, but PMDG needed a license because they modeled the systems and internals in detail.

There's conjecture that that's a lie by PMDG, but that's the way it was presented to that community.

Although it's usally reffered to as a 3rd gen jet, I still hope for the Tornado and the fact that Cobra said that their new project will make use of their previous work makes me think that they might be actually working on a Tornado already, because:

• Ground Mapping Radar (Viggen)
  • Variable Sweep Wings (Tomcat)
  • Thrust Reverse (Viggen)
  • Multicrewing -> JESTER AI (Tomcat)

All this is necessary for a Tornado. It would definately a dream come true for me if that really happens :)

Well, when you put it like that, I'm convinced, but I guess I'm biased towards flying the Tornado as well.

Then again, even though the evidence was pointing to that bi-plane thingy, I was still optimistically hoping for a MiG-29 from M5 , so I'm not letting my guard down again (or at least not before a few ambiguous hints are given by HB :) ).

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Why would licensing be an issue? MIG 23/29 were developed by the USSR. The intellectual property rights for those aircraft were owned by the Soviet government (in theory the rights were owned by the Soviet people). USSR no longer exists.

Why would licensing be an issue? MIG 23/29 were developed by the USSR. The intellectual property rights for those aircraft were owned by the Soviet government (in theory the rights were owned by the Soviet people). USSR no longer exists.

The Russian Federation is the legal successor of the USSR and by that inheritet all kinds of rights and agreements. But anyways, I would have assumed the rights would belong to United Aircraft Corporation as the manufacturer.

Tornado3 small.jpg

I have a hunch it's going to be a Tornado. Maybe it's wishful thinking but if it's true I wouldn't want any other developer to do it. My two favourite aircraft developed by heatblur the F-14 and Tornado IDS. Would be a dream come true.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

I have a hunch it's going to be a Tornado. Maybe it's wishful thinking but if it's true I wouldn't want any other developer to do it. My two favourite aircraft developed by heatblur the F-14 and Tornado IDS. Would be a dream come true.

As awesome as a tornado would be, I’m not sure they would want to do another multicrew jet lol...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well like has been stated it would be incorporating a lot of the software development that they have done on previous modules. Referring to the Viggen and the Tornado, the Tornado incorporates a lot of advanced technology with TFR and a capable ground mapping radar and even the GR1 was capable of carrying the TIALD self designating pod towards the end of desert storm for LGB strikes. Add to that the jp233 runway denial weapon, the variable geometry wing and the unique flight model involved. Plus aerial refuelling. I would say there is plenty there to set it apart from a Viggen. Most harrier variants were strike aircraft but they are vastly different to a Viggen or Tornado.

Edited by westr

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV