DCS 3.0+

Lace

4 hours ago, Hive said:

Crowdfunding works so well these days. I would love to spend some money for the development of the core game on a regular basis. 

Crowfunding has been a disaster in the past, remember WW2 project and how them get out of money when intent build the Bf-109K-4, the first aircraft, need to rescue by ED, and continue them the project. Developing has very expensive.

Maybe a bit off-topic, but...

On 5/7/2019 at 7:54 PM, hansangb said:

Technology changes. It's incredibly short sighted to think that "it's impossible"

But you have noticed that instead of getting twice faster processors every couple of years, as it's been the case for a long time, we are now offered more cores running at the same clock, haven't you?
There's a reason for this (e.g. atoms refuse to get smaller).
Contemporary electronics is basically "done", pushed up against the wall and because of that energy consumption is going to limit us all. You can't have a 100-kilowatt computer at home (multi-multi-core), or at best only very few people could have them. Instead, get ready for some flavour of the so-called "dynamic tariff" from your electric utility, at least in the EU.
What I expect is that programmers will be forced to re-learn how to write slim software (stop wasting H/W resources in our computers), but it will improve things only for a limited period of time, then even the most finesse slim software will hit the wall.
Yes, it's been a breathtaking experience to observe how the technology was changing over last decades, but don't expect good old solid-state electronics to go far further from here. There's still some elbow room left, but not too much. Kilowatts are the (main) limit, you can't get more and more of them ad infinitum.

EDIT: Oh, boy... I've just noticed I quoted a 2-year-old post. How sensible... Sorry!
Still, we may and I'm afraid should expect a gradual slowdown in the evolution of our PCs.

Edited by scoobie
  • Like 1

i7-8700K 32GB 2060(6GB) 27"@1080p TM Hawg HOTAS TPR TIR5 SD-XL 2xSD+ HC Bravo button/pot box