Aerial Firefighting

Evoman

Aerial Firefighting  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Aerial Firefighting

• Yes
    • No
    • Not at the moment, but I like the idea and support it pending how good it is

this is a close as we could get using current DCS limitations

Pretty interesting, do you have a link for that mod? Maybe we can adapt a Huey to the same mod and carry a bamby bucket under it.

Regarding the original post yes, I will purchase such a module.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

it is not a mod it is a MOOSE script I wrote works both for huey and mi-8 (it is still WIP - adding more refinements, eg rescue people from roof of burning building and maybe a more complex method of fire control eg it gets bigger over time)

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

it is not a mod it is a MOOSE script I wrote works both for huey and mi-8 (it is still WIP - adding more refinements, eg rescue people from roof of burning building and maybe a more complex method of fire control eg it gets bigger over time)

Really interesting, will love to try it once you're ready, specially If we can simulate recharging water and dropping it from a bamby bucket.

join our MP server and pick a slot with fire fighter in it (there are two)

Testing it live, best way to test

There are limitations due to DCS, eg if a smoke is already active and you join the server, you will not see that smoke

being active (weird DCS issue) I reported here -> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=222296

you might want to plus 1 that bug

Edited by Johnny_Rico

no seaplane? I remember that the Russian president Putin came to Italy in Sardinia with his Beriev Be-200 a beautiful fire-fighting aircraft. In ITALY precisely in Sardinia the BE-200 risk of crashing on people who were taking a bath on the beach luckily everything OK.We have Italian Candair Ci 415 these are the videos

Bellissimo aereo

join our MP server and pick a slot with fire fighter in it (there are two)

Testing it live, best way to test

There are limitations due to DCS, eg if a smoke is already active and you join the server, you will not see that smoke

being active (weird DCS issue) I reported here -> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=222296

you might want to plus 1 that bug

I'm scared of MP, scared of being dumb lol Will wait to see If you can build a single player variant.

don't worry it is a training server (no PVP), so you can fly about and try stuff out safely, without fear of being shot down by other players

• 1 year later...

With the new rash of wildfires going on in California right now it made me think about this topic again. This time I came to the conclusion that Firefighting could be implemented into DCS with a small initial development of just the necessary programing needed to model wildfires on the part of Eagle Dynamics. Then a new skin and fighter fighting equipment for the Huey could be added. Then depending on how popular it turns out to be a California map could be added by a 3rd party. Then later on the S2 Tracker could be added as it could serve double duty as an Aerial tanker, AWACS - E-1 Tracer, Cargo -C-1 Trader and Sub hunter. Buy the way the S-2 was capable of deploying torpedoes and Depth charges.

By the way I tried to embed this great youtube video but I have not being abel to figure out how to do it even by going into Advanced mode and using the Youtube button.

The video just ends up being unplayable for me.

Edited by Evoman

No. It sounds really boring. This is Digital Combat Simulator.

There are plenty of other things which should be a higher priority for ED than forest fire modeling.

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

No. It sounds really boring. This is Digital Combat Simulator.

There are plenty of other things which should be a higher priority for ED than forest fire modeling.

Since you don't seem to get the big picture let me reiterate this replay.

Also keep in mind ED just needs to do enough to prepare DCS enough to entice third parties (hopefully a new one) to build out the rest.

"I have seen plenty of comments on these forums and others of people that are not really interested in flying combat missions in combat aircraft. But they do recognize that DCS is one of the best simulators out there. So why not bring to market something different to the Civilian sector of aviation that no other simulator offers right now to attract new people.

So to answer your question this means more sales and business for DCS that also means more money to support DCS efforts to keep improving the simulator that we all love.

If you step back and look at it from a pure business prospective it has a lot of PURPOSE! Plus it would not be that hard to implement it by using the caucasus map and Huey because they are already part of DCS to see how well it does. Everyone stands to benefit from it in some way even if they are not interested in firefighting."

Edited by Evoman