JF-17 Price?

MobiSev

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, you're pretty much saying I'm not entitled to my opinion of that 80 might be a fair price but you saying it should be cheaper and that's okay?

I didn't say it must be 80. I also said only Deka knows what a fair price is because they know how much time and energy that had been spent on it. Return on investment you know.

I also think you are unfair when comparing it to the Harrier. What if the JF-17 is almost complete. They made their own ground radar, it has datalink and radar. That in itself makes it a fair bit more complicated than the Harrier. Compare it to the F16 or hornet instead, the level of detail and systems seems similar. But as of yet we don't know, thye can charge 80, but it better not be another F-16 half baked release or the Harrier mid baked with not much happening efter release.

Because if that is the case 80 is to much, but atm we don't know.

$80 Might be a fair price, but selling prices are not based on Fairness....

Many who would give it a try might say, nah lets wait a year for a nice sale...

Yeah it seems like an amazing module, but then again the F 14 gives you two different models AND a super carrier AND a campaign.. for the same 80 bucks...

And yes 100 sales at $80 would give $8000 but 200 at $65 would give them $13000 ;)

And any market makes better sales at perceived lower prices...

You see. you might buy something you don´t need if its perceived as affordable...but not the other way around...

There are many works to do behind one button, even a simple on/off switch.

You guys can estimate the proper price it should be, according to something like this.

Developers prefer work to satisfy themselves first, anything else second.:)

power.thumb.png.c9a59fff6c60e88432fab9b069120692.png

Edited by L0op8ack

There are many works to do behind one button, even a simple on/off switch.

You guys can estimate the proper price it should be, according to something like this.

Developers prefer work to satisfy themselves first, anything else second.:)

[ATTACH]221799[/ATTACH]

One of the sexiest JF-17 pictures yet!

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Don't care about the price, but I don't mind if it is $69-79 from the launch because it is so well implemented from the start, no waiting for 2-3 years to get important major features.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Don't care about the price, but I don't mind if it is $69-79 from the launch because it is so well implemented from the start, no waiting for 2-3 years to get important major features.

Its been in development that long if not longer....

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

49,99$ will be OK (or little less) for this bird I guess, like it was for Harrier for example (at the beginning).

JF-17 isnt a plane and most expected addon ;) so the price must be attractive for people who never interested in this plane (do not to repeat the mistake with Hawk!). "F" series (like F-14, F-16, F-18 ) its different subject and the price here could be higher. The popularity can be checked in posts ...

IId like to know we will recive campain also? What we will see here at the beginning and what is planned?

A little quiet here from developers before 1 week of release.... hmmmm.

btw.

don't promise you will pay any price because you will get it :P (how many such customers there will be?).

Less price = more modules, this is market true and its the first payware module of Deka Ironwork.

The Harrier was 59.99 without the pre-order discount - and it's still being worked on two years after release. It's also a dedicated CAS aircraft, not a multirole. The JF-17 won't be up for pre-order and is launching in a much more complete state - $60 is the floor, but I'd expect $70-$80.

The Harrier was 59.99

It's partially true exactly, the first price of Harrier (pre purchase) was established at 49,99$ level:

http://yoyosims.pl/news/876_zakup-dcsav-8b-z-upustem .

If the model wasnt be from the first stage as Early, Beta or Alpha I can pay more also.

Good to finish this discussion :D.

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Do we have to wait for 4th Dec. to buy it or will it be aviable in the online shop before that date? (to buy not to download) Anybody (Deka ;) )knows/can tell?

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Yeah it seems like an amazing module, but then again the F 14 gives you two different models AND a super carrier AND a campaign.. for the same 80 bucks...

And yes 100 sales at $80 would give $8000 but 200 at $65 would give them $13000 ;)

You see. you might buy something you don´t need if its perceived as affordable...but not the other way around...

and there is the problem.

there is only 200 sales. who can afford to eat off that. Before you comment w/ their sales are above 200, i presume you don't play fortnight and they are not selling those many numbers.

point is, they need those sales and apply this to dcs in general.

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

It's 69.99 and that's a fair price. I'm not going to argue to much about it but as far as I know you will have to pay extra for that super carrier. Won't the JF-17 come with any campaign? Edit:looked it up you are correct, I was thinking about EDs carrier.

Fair price is subjective I hope you understand that? Also I don't think you really understand what I was saying earlier. Customer base is small for modules. It's not like a AAA title or big games where they have millions of customers.

So since you did some math I'll do some as well. You set customer limit to 200 (this is almost their maximum customer count). 50% would not buy at 80 and they make 8000, but after 12 months they have a sale at 65 and make another 6500. Now they made 14500 instead of 13000.

As I said, it's all about return on investment and how fast you need/want your money. It's also based on how much it cost to develop it, the quality and their reputation.

I hope the module is good and as complete as it seems, good luck Deka

Edited by Warspawn

and there is the problem.

there is only 200 sales. who can afford to eat off that. Before you comment w/ their sales are above 200, i presume you don't play fortnight and they are not selling those many numbers.

point is, they need those sales and apply this to dcs in general.

I think 100 & 200 are just generic numbers. What he is trying to say, as far as I can tell, is to explain economics and basic business practice. Hes giving an example of how a lower price point can sell more and generate more revenue than a higher price point that sells less.

It is in Deka's interest to price the module at the equilibrium point, where the price in combination with total sales will equal the most revenue possible. And I personally think, 69$ is a good choice given its competition. Whether it actually was the right choice, I imagine only Deka will know in a few months time.

Video game is a very personalized hobby, especially military related games.

Players decide to buy or not, according to what he loved/liked/hated, price is not the main reason.

Half the price, double the sales, this rule will not happen in this market.

I'm grateful for the debut price, Deka. I would have, and fully expected to, paid the full price on December 4th myself.

Thanks! :)

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

I'm very curious to know what the 'ball park' is for units sold for a module..

2,000? 10,000?

at what point is it no longer profitable to sell modules?

You know what, me 2. Break even and how much a developer need to actually grow and be able to produce another module. One thing is for sure, if they were in it for pure bank they would not be making modules for DCS. They have to be passionate about this as well.

I mean say what you want about ED, EA model etc. But I believe they are passionate about this as well. So are we as customers.

Yeah guys 100 and 200 where generic numbers...

Don´t get me wrong I do believe that 69.99 is the "set price" for all new modules, son hey , NP. I believe the Module is worth while. but there might be people on the fence too.

Anyways, its almost here and I know I´ll buy it no matter the price even if i can´t aford it LOL