Full flight simulators

scorpyn

I work for a major helicopter manufacturer in their level D full flight Sims and it is remarkable how poor the graphic fidelity is compared to DCS. Obviously the flight model in DCS is a non certified model and the hardware is significantly better in the cockpit than most home setups, but while certification standard fidelity is good, I still note ridiculous errors of simulation off standard atmosphere. Does DCS model performance on the various types reasonably well, or if you push the model, will it start throwing inconsistencies at you?

Major issues I've noted are engine limits being exceeded long before they should, rate of climb degradation, take off distance issues etc.

Bear in mind, I haven't compared the data for DCS models but I'm sure others have against the real AC, but my reason to research this is that my professional reputation relies on the fidelity of the equipment I use to train students.

The graphics in our FFS annoy me. There is no excuse for what we train with. It has no texture, no particle definition, no dynamic shadow, our entity flight model is ridiculous....

I think we are stuck in the 90s, both in terms of current and future thinking for my company

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk