** F-14 Development Update: December 2018 **

Cobra847

No problem for me, release it when it is ready. I already bought it some times ago, and I'll wait for it to be ready.

Very unlikely but would be cool if we could really be the co-pilot while the AI is flying the plane :)

Envoyé de mon SM-G955F en utilisant Tapatalk

Favorite modules : Huey, F-86F, F14 and P-51D

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wonder about the button orientation, some are squares and some are 'diamonds' - indicating that they could be turned? Just speculating though.

The buttons look like squares when not pressed and when pressed in and selected they rotate as you push them in, becoming diamonds.

They are also mutally exclusive so pushing one in forces the previous one out.

No problem for me, release it when it is ready. I already bought it some times ago, and I'll wait for it to be ready.

Very unlikely but would be cool if we could really be the co-pilot while the AI is flying the plane :)

Envoyé de mon SM-G955F en utilisant Tapatalk

I had a post about not liking this idea, because I don't want to be sitting in the back and having the AI pilot decide that he wants to go off on a tangent, while I sit in the back thinking "I wonder what this clown is doing now."

Except then I realized that I'm probably going to have that very same experience with a human pilot, so I like your idea now.

“When I get back you’re going to fix these panels THE MOMENT you finish cleaning the rear cockpit!”
There seems to be a misunderstanding on who is owning and responsible for the jet. ;)

You are merely the driver...

...and never forget: no clearance from the crew chief for the jet, means you can watch others fly.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

A few things:

1) When you put this out in Early Access, it will be more finished on day one than Windows 10 will ever be twi-notbad.png

2) I don't get the Spaghetti reference derpyconfused.png

3) Why would a pre-X-mas release bring any more revenue? This isn't a toy that Granny picks up at the local store. Those who want it, have it already or will get it when it's released - I suspect there'd be absolutely no impact at all, that aside, quite some folks will have spare money for it after the holidays since they don't have to spend that in their family as much dealwithit.png

4) You roll ajmug.png

Looking forward to the weekly updates and community content rainbowdashwink.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

There seems to be a misunderstanding on who is owning and responsible for the jet. ;)

You are merely the driver...

...and never forget: no clearance from the crew chief for the jet, means you can watch others fly.

Haha yes point made and taken. In general I would be polite, after all, my own life would come down to how motivated he and his people are to doing their jobs right. Don't need bad intentions floating around in crew members' heads!

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

By airframe, do you mean individual plane or do you mean aircraft version?

I think it means each individual plane, so your F-14B may look different to your friends F-14B

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

By airframe, do you mean individual plane or do you mean aircraft version?

Individual plane

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hmm...that reminds me that I need to travel to Helsingborg, get Cobra hilariously drunk and get him to promise that the next module out will be the Viper :D

I didn't know that you call the Tornado a Viper in Norway... rdlaugh.png

At least you'll get a Fighting Falcon blk 50 from EDSA/BST after the Hornet twilightsmile.png

I just wonder about the button orientation, some are squares and some are 'diamonds' - indicating that they could be turned? Just speculating though.

Pretty much looks like it's pushed in and then turned by 45° to stay pushed since the others next to it prevent it from going up then.

t7o8ydf3.jpg

Spaghetti_1.jpg

Spaghetti one was forgotten

This thing has a way better picture qualitly than the LITENING II in the Harrier with it's fly net texture mask on the MPCD... tells a lot about quality rdlaugh.png

The buttons look like squares when not pressed and when pressed in and selected they rotate as you push them in, becoming diamonds.

They are also mutally exclusive so pushing one in forces the previous one out.

Great to know twilightsmile.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Love the product and the dedication you provide. We are 100% behind your decisions, timelines, and appreciate the work and effort. This product will be phenomenal once it is released and is well worth waiting for regardless of when that release is.

Forgot to mention this, you guys have the same organic lighting that the Viggen has. Not saying it's the exact same lighting, just the same organic feel.

Don't want to know how you do that, slightly concerned it involved the selling of souls. It looks really cool, though. Another tick in the box for "living, breathing aircraft."

Since December 21st seems unlikely what's the next historical date for the Tomcat?

In all honesty though you are doing amazing work and deserve our respect for your unwaivering commitment to quality, if not for anything else.

You guys are trying to raise the bar be it through the technologies implemented, state of the early access release or even the content available with every module. I think that we can clearly see that you are pationate about your work and the whole community.

Thank you guys for your great work and although it's going to be tough to keep our calm in this last straight (especially when the first videos arrive) we will try. The hungrier you are the better food tastes, right?

While early access has in recent times meant less and less complete products, we’re looking to buck that trend...

^^^ THE MOST IMPORTANT STATEMENT IN MY MIND APPEARS ABOVE ^^^

For some time now I had it in my mind that I was going to hold out until the F-14 was out of early access to allow me to use more bonus points, and save more money. Why?? Simply because of the trend that's been mentioned above.

The F-18, while I do love the bird, and will continue to fly her even after the F-14 is released, put a real bad taste in my mouth. Doing the same thing for months really burned me out. When a new feature was finally released, it was broken, and in some cases broke something that wasn't.

Cobra, I'm going to hold you to this standard of quality you promised. If it holds true, it may even renew my hopes when it comes to testing future EA products. I truly hope ED and other module developers start to do the same.

Now, take my money :thumbup:

/r

Baaz

Keep it up HeatBlur!!!

You guys are on the path of being the most honest and pure of heart developers, that many of us wish for in the DCS community.

Can't wait for the release, but don't rush it..... like you said quality takes time and a few months more or less won't be the end of the world.

Especially with such an iconic module and you can only make that first impression once.

Merry XMAS and a Happy New Year in advance to you and your families, you've all deserved it with that awesome work done already!

http://www.TAWDCS.org ### JOINT TASK FORCE JTF-88 ### https://tawdcs.org/battalion/88th/ ### PC: i9 - 32Gb RAM - GTX 1080Ti - TM Warthog Stick and Throttle - MFG Crosswind Black - TrackIR5 - Buddy Fox UFC

They told you what you were getting. If you feel otherwise, you deceived yourself. I'm sorry if this seems a bit harsh, but I remember post after post after post dictating exactly what you were getting and what was to be expected from Eagle Dynamics.

I do not understand these comments, when you were explicitly told what you were receiving. Nobody forced you to buy it. I'm glad they made it early access personally. I don't think waiting an additional year or two for me to be able to purchase and enjoy the F/A-18C would have been worth the wait.

As the former owner and executive officer of a software company, the same rationale of wanting to have as bug free and feature complete release as possible can be a slippery slope. That mindset actually bankrupted my business. If I had released what I had in development at the time and my team fixed bugs and issues as they came up instead, I would probably still be in business. That is why I don't mind early access for DCS. If anything, it helps us get a better product.

For example, if Razbam had waited to release the Mirage 2000 until last year, it honestly might not have been as good as it is now or will be next year. Since it was released, a lot of feedback was provided to the devs and fixes rolled out. The AdA took an interest and is helping them better the module. If they hadn't released in early access a few years ago, it might not have even been in the same shape right now and the AdA either might not have taken an interest or not decided to help until a few years from now.

As far as the F-14, it's obvious the RIO pit isn't complete from the lack of screenshots and I'd wager that's the major hold up.

Agreed. Jury is still out in the Tomcat. I am very very excited for it. Can't wait for it to be release. I hope it's as good as it looks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

While early access has in recent times meant less and less complete products, we’re looking to buck that trend and repeat what we achieved with the Viggen: a rich, mostly complete experience that is generally unhampered in any major way by its Early Access tag.

I have a lot of respect for that being said. As someone quite myself who has experienced committing to the EA trend, and has seen less complete content being released into DCS with the Early Access label slapped onto the module, I am very excited to be flying a module that is planned to feature complete to the best of your ability by you guys. That is something I can not emphasize enough on a level of words. You definitely have my money for the F-14. :thumbup: