F-14 Release Date Discussion Thread

zhujiammy

Harmless speculation is nothing to worry about, but when you start making assumptions and criticizing Heatblur because they didn't meet your expectations rather than what they promised as a deadline, that's where you start to cross the line.

+1 on that. Plus when you handed them over your money, you knew what you were signing up for, thats release in Winter.

Im hoping for a Top Gun OST remix with Meteor for the release trailer :D

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whatever astronomical calendars say march is not winter for me. this is just additional time buying for me

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

My "hope" is that they will consider building a release candidate build on the day that they complete the RIO cockpit artwork. Whenever that is.

I do know they are hard at work though, I think no one wants to release the Tomcat more than they do.

I say "hope" because in the update today Cobra mentioned several other release blocking "issues" though from where I stand NONE of the others are blocking issues in my opinion.

Edited by OnlyforDCS

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Hey Guys,

I'm making a new thread for this so that we'll have one central thread for future discussions (and speculations :P) about the F-14's release date, if you feel so inclined. The last one got a little heated and congested. Try to keep things clean!

Apart from updating you more frequently on where we stand; I'll try to pop in here as much as I can to answer any questions that you may have.

With that said; our official guarantee is that DCS: F-14 releases this winter. Winter stretches from December 21st to March 20th.

We will give you ample warning to pre-order once we set a specific date.

Thanks as always for your support!

EDIT: This is not the update. It's just a continuation of the previous thread.

If you are not mistaken in numerous articles on specialized websites, interviews, lives and others, you have also guaranteed that you would be out in 2018. Okay, unforeseen happens, now after everything has been said and disclosed, I think this postponement and new promises are good and that it does not. Module purchased, waiting for its release for sure, but a shame the position change.

Intel i7 7700K | ASUS MAXIMUN IX Hero | GSkill RBG 3000mhz 32G(4x8G) | MSI Trio 1080ti | 1x M.2 SSD Samsung 960PRO 512G | 1 x WesterDigital 4T | Corsair AX-850W | Monitor Alienware 34" aw3418dw | Oblisidian 800D |CORSAIR H80 | Teclado Logitech G15 |Mouse Razer DeathAdder Elite | Trackir 5 + Clip pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Pedal MFG Crosswind

whatever astronomical calendars say march is not winter for me. this is just additional time buying for me

It's a standard measure, this was the first thing that came up for me:

https://www.google.com/search?ei=ncITXI_-O5v0rQHRooigDg&q=us+winter+2018-19&oq=us+winter+2018-19&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0j0i8i7i30j0i8i7i10i30j0i8i7i30j0i8i30.26970.28224..29013...0.0..0.449.2044.2-3j2j1......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71.A4sYxBjlMOI

I'd rather our devs timetabled by quarter, but ultimately I guess it's up to them.

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

Personally I’m happy they are taking the time to drop a mostly complete product.

I’m so tired of early access periods that last years. I get that people want stuff now, but it creates so much drama, IMO on these forums people complain about missing features more then anything.

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

Personally I’m happy they are taking the time to drop a mostly complete product.

I’m so tired of early access periods that last years. I get that people want stuff now, but it creates so much drama, IMO on these forums people complain about missing features more then anything.

Man, everything creates drama. The only thing you can do is either ignore the drama, or actively mock the people creating drama.

OK, here is the true story why we won't get the Tomcat this year:

It is because of me!!! Don't blame HB, blame me!!!

It was the same with the Viggen, i had time off from work from the end of december to the beginning of january and was hyped for the Viggen. Somehow Cobra was aware of that and decided to release the Viggen after my holidays....this year it's the same with the Tomcat. I suspect Cobra to have hidden a bugging device somewhere in my house! :suspect:

;)

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Man, everything creates drama. The only thing you can do is either ignore the drama, or actively mock the people creating drama.

I meant more for the Devs though, if you compare the drama from say the release of the M2000C vs F-5E its night and day.

Why? because the F-5E was more or less done on day one, people had nothing to wait for once it was out. I know its not really fair to compare two different aircraft. But from the developers standpoint, I think it saves them the heartache of having to manage people's expectations.

Bug-Fixing is a totally different subject though, just to be clear, and your right there's nothing they can do about that except fix them as they come up.

I'm happy with the approach Heatblur is taking. Work hard now, work less later I always say.

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

OK, here is the true story why we won't get the Tomcat this year:

It is because of me!!! Don't blame HB, blame me!!!

It was the same with the Viggen, i had time off from work from the end of december to the beginning of january and was hyped for the Viggen. Somehow Cobra was aware of that and decided to release the Viggen after my holidays....this year it's the same with the Tomcat. I suspect Cobra to have hidden a bugging device somewhere in my house! :suspect:

;)

Next time, take November off so that the rest of us can get it in December.... ;):megalol::thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Next time, take November off so that the rest of us can get it in December.... ;):megalol::thumbup:

If only you had told me earlier, we could have outsmart Cobra! :devil_2::rotflmao:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

This thread reminds me of a recent tweet about FedEx vs UPS. If you've used UPS tracking lately, it actually tells you where the truck *WITH YOUR PACKAGE* is right now. A few days ago, I was able to track down the driver and signed for the package. He knows me, but he still checked for ID.

But with FedEx, it's "you'll get it when we deliver it to you". It tells you that it's in your city. It tells you that its out for deliver.

So sit back, relax, go fly the A10, the FA18, the Mustang, the Huey, the Gazelle, and enjoy the build up to the F14 release.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

or I will have to start posting a bunch of Frozen memes, since my 2 year old now has me watching that every day.

My condolences.

Like that reaction! rdlaugh.png

Add 4-8 years and hope it will then be Ponies instead, just has to be the stuff that'll be old by then. They have flying, an airshow team (with a whole story about) and Top Gun references (and literally tons of others that make for a good laugh) at least salute.png

Different. Not your typical cinematic style. We're remixing a very specific song for it, even, together with Meteor. Going to be fun :)

Now that's something to look forward to fluttershy_clap.png

My wildest possible guess now would be:

Dec 21st - release to content creators, first content on YouTube/twitch might appear shortly thereafter

Two Weeks™ + well deserved holidays off for the devs later + taking into account ED's release cycle - earliest chance of a release, which'd be mid January

All that preceded by the completion of the RIO's cockpit art which will also kick off the possibility to get the manual since it should contain screenshot snippets of all the cockpit elements.

My rather safe bet would be that I'll be wrapping up winter by buzzing snowflakes at typical Viggen operational altitude with the cat. So anything in between goes.

If only you had told me earlier, we could have outsmart Cobra! devil_2.gifrotflmao.gif

We'll have that for the Tornado then, good enough for me luna-trcv.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Still got my Hornet to fly until then...cheers

THIS!

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

2nuK9l1.jpg

Heatblur's latest Facebook teaser

I hope next post won't be like "Fox 3 - We are sorry a phoenix missile took out your Christmas present" :P

| JF-16 Thunder | F-16C Viper | F-14A/B Tomcat | F/A-18C Hornet | AV-8B N/A Harrier II | AJS-37 Viggen | M-2000C | F-5E Tiger II | A-10C Watrhog | F-86F Sabre | MiG-15bis | MiG-19P Farmer | MiG-21bis | FC3 | L-39 Albatros | C-101 Aviojet | SA342 Gazelle | Mi-24P Hind | Mi-8MTV2 | UH-1H Huey | Ka-50 Black Shark |  P-51D Mustang | P-47 Thunderbolt | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw 190 A-8 | Fw 190 D-9 Dora | Bf 109 K-4 Kurfurst | Yak-52 | I-16 | Christen Eagle II | Persian Gulf Map | Nevada Test and Training Range | Normandy 1944 | Syria Map | Channel Map | NS 430

Harmless speculation is nothing to worry about, but when you start making assumptions and criticizing Heatblur because they didn't meet your expectations rather than what they promised as a deadline, that's where you start to cross the line. If Heatblur releases the module earlier than what is promised, then that is more than a bargain and we should be grateful for that. Otherwise, let's just sit tight and wait while we play some of their F-14 OST. :D

Totally agree. I wish it was a mandatory rule to have to post your age before you post. That way I can ignore all the "entitled" (as stated) posts. I've read these kind of posts for years and years over at avsim.

Totally agree. I wish it was a mandatory rule to have to post your age before you post. That way I can ignore all the "entitled" (as stated) posts. I've read these kind of posts for years and years over at avsim.

Sadly, that will never happen. And some people will always be contradictory to beliefs of how you should be respecting differences between pre-order and Early Access content.

What I noticed oddly enough, however, in the VFAT demonstration, there was no sign of the overwing vapor emissions. I knew that Heatblur in the past had contacted ED to add it into the DCS engine for use, but ever since seeing modules now having it, the F-14 does not have any indication of it at all from any videos showing of it either than a screenshot. :huh:

Reference image of the Chromecat from DCS 1.5 version on Heatblur's FB page.

23031330_795745373946416_3636612818518696578_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=9b7a2eda1ae627ca3a0f0a44e982351e&oe=5CA29011

There is plenty of vapor misting in the new set of screenshots from the update, question is how much was active in the VFAT demo, I also have yet to see an intake ramp move, but I am absolutely certain they will because it does matter quite a bit.

http://www.ipms.dk

i7 9700K, Asus Z390 Prime A, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti STRIX ROG, Fractal Design Define R6, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Oculus Rift S. 32 GB 3200 MHz RAM