Mover's (and Gonky) new vid teaser

hansangb

It looks awesome. He's flying in VR now. Teaser is about 3 min long, and can't wait for the full video. Drops on 12/21. In case you all missed it.

And I'm posting here as well since not all of you are FA18 types.

Can't wait for the full vid.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I'm guessing Mover found VR more to his liking, regardless of its current limitations. Just as we on here all knew he would.

I wonder if he got motion sickness on his first try?

I'm guessing not, I never did, but then as an ex boater, I was well used to sitting and sleeping in a cabin that was moving around constantly, while my eyes were seeing everything sitting still because with curtains drawn, I was not seeing the outside world moving in relation to it. It's called getting your sea legs.

The downside of having your sea legs is the fact that after spending the weekend at the boat and sitting at your desk at home, it feels like the house is rocking around for a couple of hours.

Edited by Tinkickef

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

I saw the teaser...they flew like they were professionals or something.

:pilotfly::lol:

I’d think VR is better, especially if you’re used to turning your head X degrees and having a POV change by X degrees (real world movements). When I first started using TIR (low cost alternate) it took a few days to adjust the input/output curves (“X input = Y output”) to be useful *and* expected. Until then, it felt like I’d had too much caffeine...jitter jitter shake jitter with just normal head bobs.

I'm guessing Mover found VR more to his liking, regardless of its current limitations. Just as we on here all knew he would.

I wonder if he got motion sickness on his first try?

I'm guessing not, I never did, but then as an ex boater, I was well used to sitting and sleeping in a cabin that was moving around constantly, while my eyes were seeing everything sitting still because with curtains drawn, I was not seeing the outside world moving in relation to it. It's called getting your sea legs.

The downside of having your sea legs is the fact that after spending the weekend at the boat and sitting at your desk at home, it feels like the house is rocking around for a couple of hours.

Pfft. That's just the beer. :D

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I saw the teaser...they flew like they were professionals or something.

:pilotfly::lol:

I’d think VR is better, especially if you’re used to turning your head X degrees and having a POV change by X degrees (real world movements). When I first started using TIR (low cost alternate) it took a few days to adjust the input/output curves (“X input = Y output”) to be useful *and* expected. Until then, it felt like I’d had too much caffeine...jitter jitter shake jitter with just normal head bobs.

Yeah, Mover said that a bunch of times with the first video. And I think people mistook it as "if you had curves, you would have been fine" But Mover said again and again, that you have to constantly move your head.

And TiR can never do it because of the lack of 1-1 POV. It's not a fault of TiR, that's not how it works.

But people discount that "TiR way better than moving the views with the hat" while absolutely true, still does not give you spatial situational awareness. Again, not a fault of TiR, it's just not how our brain works.

TiR is a good product that became a moot point once VR entered my life. I gave it away to some guy in Canada (DCS'er) long time ago.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

what search criteria do you use to find this on Youtube? I tried:

F 18 Mover

Mover

Mover's

Mover VR

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

what search criteria do you use to find this on Youtube? I tried:

F 18 Mover

Mover

Mover's

Mover VR

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

Thanks,, I was expecting to see this from a VR perspective,, I mis interpreted the point I suppose,, but thanks

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Thanks,, I was expecting to see this from a VR perspective,, I mis interpreted the point I suppose,, but thanks

The Monday video will be Mover talking about his DCS experience, and this time, he flew with VR.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

Folks check out Gonky and Mover (real F/A 18 aviators) dog fighting and dropping bombs, in VR.

Some choice comments:

"holy $hit this looks real" "it's better than the real Navy simulator" "I can't believe this"

And in Gonky's video (link is in Mover's video) he goes over it in ACMI. Very interesting.

wae9YzQXJAQ

Edited by hansangb

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---