AV 8B Harrier II pilot braves the world of DCS (Lex's buddy)

David OC

Lex's new video using the AV-8B N/A

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Excessive anything is bad. But when someone who actually flew the Harrier, you know like professionally, says that the controls as they are out of the box are excessively sensitive, I tend to believe him.

I just don't understand the straw-man attack on his statement, as if there were no middle-ground between adjusting nothing and excessively adjusting curves.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Real Harrier stick is about 50cm from the pivot to the trigger, most popular joysticks are about 20cm. It's a huge difference in range of motion thus accuracy. The stiff spring in most joysticks additionally reduces precision of movements near the center. Just saying.

Orso' date=' I find it amazing that you consider my post a "strawman" or an "attack", grow up.[/quote']

What is this, please?:

Excessive curves are a bad idea' date=' you end up with a whole lot of no response, and then a whole lot of loads of response in the extremes of the axis.[/quote']

Where in the video was any discussion of "excessive curves"? I would gladly listen to your evidence for someone propagating the use of "excessive curves". Please enlighten me.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

• 3 weeks later...