DCS: Mi-24P - What we know + Discussion

MrDieing

In another post, Silver Dragon is announcing the Mi-24 for 2020....just an expectation, not confirmed.

I am curious to see the ED projects planned for 2019.

If they are postponing the Mi-24 (I think I can use that word since they have worked on it for some time already what I understand), my hope and wish is that they postpone all new content equally, including third party modules, to release resources to iron out all those quirks we have with the base game, like deferred shading, AI behavior and the like, and with all those modules currently in eternal early release.

It's starting to get tiresome and I think their reputation is starting to decline cause of it.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

I don't think that's it for russian planes.

Especially in the 70s and early 80s there were quite a number of different airframes in soviet service, which I am sure aren't classified anymore like the Su-15, Yak-28, Tu-128, Yak-38, MiG-25, maybe a Tu-16 or Tu-22 Blinder (no Backfire). Speaking of helos you are right, there aren't many different types in soviet service.

Most of these are very old interceptors. I love russian planes, no doubt about it, but receiving old stuff mainly, while Blue is having all them modern planes is just unbalancing things for at least the multiplayer part of DCS. Still, I wouldn't mind almost any russian plane/helicopter. The next russian plane should be a striker! We need that evetually. The Su-25 is a beast, but not clickable. And I love playing with them switches and buttons ;)

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

• 2 weeks later...

... and of course the Mil Mi-12 Homer :) what a beast! Just imagine flying your Mi-24 or Ka-50 or whatever in close formation with that thing.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Gents,

I just saw the last DCS movie "DCS Wold 2018 and beyond"

I will not comment because I am so disappointed...

I was expecting some news regarding the Mi-24 and we now have a clear reference on a F-16 module...cry.gif

The answer on the Mi-24 project remains WAIT WAIT WAIT (Since...pfffff to long !!)

Sorry but since yesterday I don't neither anymore believe in Santa Claus nor in DCS communication ! megalol.gif

I'll make a little more direct quote

DCS World by Eagle Dynamics The Hind and 105 are in active development, but we know you guys can handle only so much tease at one time 1f609.png;) -NineLine/Norm

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/comment_embed.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Feagle.dynamics%2Fposts%2F10161325430090341%3Fcomment_id%3D10161325863840341%26reply_comment_id%3D10161325868870341

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Active development....

Ok, but I am from the school of St-Thomas and prefer when it comes to these things, to see before believing...

"...blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed" - the resurrected Christ to St Thomas, John 20:29

Happy Christmas!

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Gents,

I just saw the last DCS movie "DCS Wold 2018 and beyond"

I will not comment because I am so disappointed...

I was expecting some news regarding the Mi-24 and we now have a clear reference on a F-16 module...cry.gif

The answer on the Mi-24 project remains WAIT WAIT WAIT (Since...pfffff to long !!)

Sorry but since yesterday I don't neither anymore believe in Santa Claus nor in DCS communication ! megalol.gif

You seriously didn't spot the Mi-24? :helpsmilie:

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

I almost didn't spot the 2nd appearance... but it's not a sign... it is TWO signs! :pilotfly:

Actually it was 4 signs, 2 hinds appearing 2 times!!! Start the Hypetrain.....not. I think we will not see anything Hind related until fall 2019, if any. But i would be happy to be wrong here...the hope dies last.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

A Christmas Carol

Where's our Mi-24 we whined,

And hotly grabbed a momentary view

In a short teaser video of new

Exciting stuff!(We've been "promised" before...).

It's Christmas, for Christ's sake, we deserve more!

The New Year looms, our wish still far Be Hind!

:music_whistling: Merry Christmas Hind Lovers, and hoping on a Happy New Year!

:lol::lol::lol:

SCAN Intel Core i9 10850K "Comet Lake", 32GB DDR4, 10GB NVIDIA RTX 3080, HP Reverb G2

Custom Mi-24 pit with magnetic braked cyclic and collective. See it here: Molevitch Mi-24 Pit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] www.blacksharkden.com

bsd sig 2021.jpg

Did you noticed?

A few studios show up their upcoming aircraft during Christmas. The only thing ED did was hype video (despite everything was great), witch indicate a simple future. After Hornet hypes and his neverending updates, the Falcon will come with same unnecessary turmoil lasting another year or two. Did ED like biggest studio and developer cannot work on other projects (yes - Hind for example - did we not waiting for some info for long time??) and show us some progress? I am tired of Hornet Hornet Hornet Hornet again and again and what I can look forward in 2019? Falcon Falcon Falcon again and again.

It´s really shame that developer like ED for last one + years never has the balls to step up and tell some relevant informations about upcoming projects.

We were at some serious expectations and now is our thread in chit-chat room???!!! That is ridiculous and after all these years I am not afraid use the word offensive.

The only light at the end of a tunnell is upcoming Tomcat I very looking forward. Maybe I will shut up with my sickle for couple of weeks :).

Have a nice rest of a Christmas and Hindy new year ;-).

I think that it's pretty clear that the Hind has been placed on the backburner. For how long? Who knows. But it seems that the ED is going for the low hanging fruit with the F16 pushed up to be the next module that ED/Belsimtek releases. I seriously doubt we will see the Hind anytime soon.

Not that anything is wrong with that, I mean they are a business after all and the popularity of the F16 will guarantee sales, and more importantly will bring in new users to DCS, it will also shut up old DCS users who have been clamoring for a new F16 simulation for years now.

I for one would prefer the Hind being next too, but it is what it is.

Edited by OnlyforDCS

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I think that it's pretty clear that the Hind has been placed on the backburner. For how long? Who knows. But it seems that the ED is going for the low hanging fruit with the F16 pushed up to be the next module that ED/Belsimtek releases. I seriously doubt we will see the Hind anytime soon.

Not that anything is wrong with that, I mean they are a business after all and the popularity of the F16 will guarantee sales, and more importantly will bring in new users to DCS, it will also shut up old DCS users who have been clamoring for a new F16 simulation for years now.

I for one would prefer the Hind being next too, but it is what it is.

Dont get me wrong, I am not questioning plans or bussiness of ED, I am not agree with the silence about Hind and other projects.

If small independend developer answering on questions When like "It´ll be done after I get it done", etc. I totally understand. But is ED a small developer? I really dont think so. If they "had a balls" like I wrote before, step up and tell the truth about Hind and some plans for it, maybe we would not be happy, but at least we would know what we can expect. As a fair answer I would take it humbly.

I understand, developing and working on simulator like DCS, is difficult to make and keep up in line but this kind of behavior to customers who spent quite of few money is not right. It is unproffesional and disrespectful. If I take studios around Kingdom Come or Witcher or Mass Effect, there was exceptional communication with comunity. Thinking about strategy and bussiness plans is not everything. What about thinking about being better in comunications to customers?? Today it´s a standart in game world - developers diary, interviews, short documetaries from development. We have nothing and if we ask for something, we get just a answers for children. That is what pissing of me.

I am not bouncing my head to table for not having Hind - I am bouncing my head to table for "I dont care" behavior from ED.

Dont get me wrong, I am not questioning plans or bussiness of ED, I am not agree with the silence about Hind and other projects.

If small independend developer answering on questions When like "It´ll be done after I get it done", etc. I totally understand. But is ED a small developer? I really dont think so. If they "had a balls" like I wrote before, step up and tell the truth about Hind and some plans for it, maybe we would not be happy, but at least we would know what we can expect. As a fair answer I would take it humbly.

I understand, developing and working on simulator like DCS, is difficult to make and keep up in line but this kind of behavior to customers who spent quite of few money is not right. It is unproffesional and disrespectful. If I take studios around Kingdom Come or Witcher or Mass Effect, there was exceptional communication with comunity. Thinking about strategy and bussiness plans is not everything. What about thinking about being better in comunications to customers?? Today it´s a standart in game world - developers diary, interviews, short documetaries from development. We have nothing and if we ask for something, we get just a answers for children. That is what pissing of me.

I am not bouncing my head to table for not having Hind - I am bouncing my head to table for "I dont care" behavior from ED.

Here's the problem with your view:

While you might be perfectly capable on being told news and responding sensibly, a vocal part of the community has shown time and time again it cannot and collectively blows a gasket when ED "misses" planned estimated dates, as some people take those dates as written in stone.

Same goes for WIP screenshots, info or anything like that. Some people don't understand WIP and are hyper critical.

The tl;dr: ED used to give out info but have been burnt too many times, so now they only put out info/screens etc.. of nearly finished work and never dates unless they are 100% sure they'll hit them.

Here's the problem with your view:

While you might be perfectly capable on being told news and responding sensibly, a vocal part of the community has shown time and time again it cannot and collectively blows a gasket when ED "misses" planned estimated dates, as some people take those dates as written in stone.

Same goes for WIP screenshots, info or anything like that. Some people don't understand WIP and are hyper critical.

The tl;dr: ED used to give out info but have been burnt too many times, so now they only put out info/screens etc.. of nearly finished work and never dates unless they are 100% sure they'll hit them.

Yes I understand that. You´re probably right, but that is the problem. Noone had ask for release date. We just want to know what is status of development. Noone ever put some solid answer for our questions for more than 2 or 3 years. That is not normal niether to facts you wrote.

But yes. In every comunity are much more squallers than reasonable people. But that is not our fault. How the other game developers deal with it? Maybe it is just my point of view but I did not noticed that ED make any steps forward to comunity. Being insulted for such a long time or on the contrary being frightened, all for "we´ve got burn" is not a solution. And thats were my thing came of - that noone from ED does not care much about theese kind of steps to comunity.

About Hornet was informations at least every month a year before release...odd :smilewink:

EDIT: Norm was posted a message on DCS facebook page under winter sale video. Bo-105 and Hind are in active development.

But this is what we heard for two years.

Edited by Maverick24

A few studios show up their upcoming aircraft during Christmas. The only thing ED did was hype video (despite everything was great), witch indicate a simple future. After Hornet hypes and his neverending updates, the Falcon will come with same unnecessary turmoil lasting another year or two. Did ED like biggest studio and developer cannot work on other projects (yes - Hind for example - did we not waiting for some info for long time??) and show us some progress? I am tired of Hornet Hornet Hornet Hornet again and again and what I can look forward in 2019? Falcon Falcon Falcon again and again.

It´s really shame that developer like ED for last one + years never has the balls to step up and tell some relevant informations about upcoming projects.

We were at some serious expectations and now is our thread in chit-chat room???!!! That is ridiculous...

Have a nice rest of a Christmas and Hindy new year ;-).

+1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments