Bought FC3. Wanted to free flight and train in the F-15 & A-10

Bubba Yagga

Apparently that is not an option and the F-15 has only a single Quick Start mission. Everything else seems geared towards the Russian airframes.

If I were to purchase the A-15 and A-10 as standalone airframes would they have the Quick Start, Training, and Free Flight content I'm looking for?

Thank-you in advance.

Open the mission editor, click the airplane icon on the left, click somewhere on the map and an aircraft will appear.

Go to the panel at the right, change the country to USA, the plane to F-15 & the pilot skill to 'Player'.

Save as 'My first mission', and then hit fly.

You will now be in a 'free-flight' F-15 mission.

4 clicks, simple as that.

Then, find the DCS manual, and look up how to use the mission editor to make your own custom missions.

Cheers.

The FC3 package "seems" limited in scope for the American planes? Am I missing something? (I am very fresh)

No.

FC3 has:

1 BLUE ground pounder and 1 BLUE fighter.

2 RED ground pounders and 2 RED fighters

on the other hand

DCS has:

0 RED ground pounders and 0 modern Red fighters and 2 red cold war fighters

1 BLUE ground pounder, 1 BLUE modern multi-role fighter (& the F-14 about to land), 1 BLUE relatively modern strike aircraft, 2 BLUE modern(ish) fighters and 1 BLUE cold war fighter.

Cheers.

If I were to purchase the F-15 and A-10 as standalone airframes would they have the Quick Start, Training, and Free Flight content I'm looking for?

No.

DCS 1.2.16 includes old FC2 missions for the F-15C, etc. but the legacy missions were depreciated and removed from DCS 1.5.6 and 2.5.x

The legacy FC2 missions are available here but most likely require editing due to changes in the FC3 flight models and the DCS 2.5.x map.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

I would just watch some YouTube video's then practice in sim.

There is no detail startup for the FC3 aircraft, it's more about the flying and fighting than doing it all by the book, like you can do with the A-10C.

(What's a Joststick LOL)

This is a great very detailed combat guide for the F-15

Great book

Fighter Combat: Tactics and Maneuvering pdf

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

If I were to purchase the F-15 and A-10 as standalone airframes would they have the Quick Start, Training, and Free Flight content I'm looking for?

Yes, at least I can tell you, that standalone F-15C comes with many more QuickStart Missions and additional 2 combat missions. As a FC3 user you are entitled to them but have to use: DCS_Updater.exe install F-15C.

FC3 install will still prevent it from showing up as a separate module but the files will be downloaded to DCS folder \mods\aircraft\F-15C\missions\.. and you can load them from there anytime.

Yeah, it's a shame they have this mess. Reported many times already.

there are a few training mission for both in the user file section Id guess you can use the aircraft from FC3 to fly them

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1812554/

No - "This package is no longer for sale."

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

The legacy FC2 missions are available here but most likely require editing due to changes in the FC3 flight models and the DCS 2.5.x map.

Thanks a lot ... downloading them now :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I downloaded the F15 module but when I run DCS it disables it. The missions are on the hard drive but I see no way to access them using FC3 F15C. Can I copy those missions to the FC3 mission folder?

You risk breaking DCS's MP integrity check.

IMHO it'd be better to copy the missions to a folder under "Saved Games\DCS\Missions" i.e. "Saved Games\DCS\Missions\F-15C" or "Saved Games\DCS\Missions\FC3".

You then navigate in DCS using 'Mission>My Missions' to your chosen folder/mission.

Note: User campaigns go in folders under "Saved Games\DCS\Missions\Campaigns\en" and are accessed using 'Campaign>My Campaigns'

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Yes, at least I can tell you, that standalone F-15C comes with many more QuickStart Missions and additional 2 combat missions. As a FC3 user you are entitled to them but have to use: DCS_Updater.exe install F-15C.

FC3 install will still prevent it from showing up as a separate module but the files will be downloaded to DCS folder \mods\aircraft\F-15C\missions\.. and you can load them from there anytime.

Yeah, it's a shame they have this mess. Reported many times already.

No - "This package is no longer for sale."

Hello,

i bought a couple of days ago FC3 (Steam-Version) but the lack of in-game tutorials for other planes besides the su-27 its kind of frustrating.

Is there a way to obtain those files for the steam version(GUI-App its only for the stand-alone version)?.

I would be very grateful if anyone can help me!. Thanks!

Hello,

i bought a couple of days ago FC3 (Steam-Version) but the lack of in-game tutorials for other planes besides the su-27 its kind of frustrating.

Is there a way to obtain those files for the steam version(GUI-App its only for the stand-alone version)?.

I don't know how to do it in Steam version but the files I mentioned are not tutorials. Just some combat and quick missions.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Hello,

How about trying youtube? Are there Chuck's guides for FC3?

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

How about trying youtube? Are there Chuck's guides for FC3?

I read and watch youtube tutorials as well. I just like to do the missions too ´cause most of the time i understand the theory, but when i take control everything seems to vanish or just dont know how to react quick enough :lol:

Thank you it seems like i have a good reading before going to bed!