[REQUESTED]Su27 datalink not working with clients

Frostie

But I've never seen an official statement where Wags or Chizh said they can't make a DCS standard Russian aircraft because of military secrecy. I thought they decided to go for the Hornet first because it's a Western aircraft and would presumably sell a lot more than an Su-27SM?

I did see a post where Wags said it was decided to not develop the Su-27SM in favor of the current Su-27S but he did not say why. My guess on that topic was because they already made the Su-27S and it's cockpit, thus developing the SM variant would make the already existing S variant obsolete. Who would fly a non ASM aircraft over an ASM, R-77 capable one? Just like picking MiG-29S over MiG-29A/G, but in this case with ASM as well.

I don't think there has ever been an official post or announcement on the subject, but legality is the most logical explanation. I agree that if we had an Su-27SM then the Su-27S would be entirely redundant, but I think it would be worth keeping the baseline Su-27S as an FC3-level aircraft with the more capable Su-27SM as a DCS level module.

Another potential part of the problem is that if ED created a DCS-level Su-27SM then they would pretty much be forced to also make a DCS level F-15C, otherwise there would be a huge forum riot.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

Another potential part of the problem is that if ED created a DCS-level Su-27SM then they would pretty much be forced to also make a DCS level F-15C, otherwise there would be a huge forum riot.

Why??? They are already getting the F-14A&B, F-18C, and Typhoon. Not enough for them??? :megalol:

• Like 1

What do you mean them? Don't you mean us? :)

Seriously, when looking at most of the forum posts on these forums it's like everyone is split into two camps. I guess those of us who like our cake and want to eat it too are in the minority here. Is it really such a crime to enjoy both NATO and Soviet fighter jets?

I do agree that once the Tomcat and Hornet are released there will be a problem with parity on the multiplayer side of things, with no real Soviet/Russian Gen4+ plane in the pipeline.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

If we ever get a full-fidelity Su-27SM, I doubt I will ever want to fly anything else ;-)

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

I suppose we've drifted a bit off topic, but in the interests of parity (not balance) these are what I'd love to have in DCS:

1) DCS: Su-27SM.

2) DCS: F-15C.

3) DCS: Su-24M2.

4) DCS: F-15E.

5) DCS: Tornado GR4.

6) DCS: EF Typhoon.

Would give both US, EU & Russian aficionados good choices in terms of fighters, multi-role aircraft and tactical bombers.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

We all thought that Data-link for Su-27 would be developed for SP and Client to client when Chiz announced it in a interview. I wish ED best luck in all projects so we can get to Su-27S/SM development as fast as possible.

So far Im finding Su-27s air-dynamic in DCS by far the most enjoyable, would be a shame if we did not get Su-27 in full fidelity:(

Edited by Teknetinium
  • Like 1

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

We all thought that Data-link for Su-27 would be developed for SP and Client to client when Chiz announced it in a interview. I wish ED best luck in all projects so we can get to Su-27S/SM development as fast as possible.

So far Im finding Su-27s air-dynamic in DCS by far the most enjoyable, would be a shame if we did not get Su-27 in full fidelity:(

Hear, hear, Tek!

Asus Z390 Code XI, i9-9900K, RAM 32 Gig Corsair Vengeance @ 3200, RTX 2080 TI FE, TIR 5, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, HOTAS WH, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, HTC Vive Pro, Win 10 x64

And the Mig-29SMT

We have gone way offtopic. But a full fidelity Fulcrum (any type) would be awesome. An advanced version like the SMT would be even better.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Eurofighter Typhoon project was iced... Likely to be cancelled if they don't get license renewed....

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3177944&postcount=24

Yes we have Su-27S in the FC3 fidelity with a PFM.

Do we deserve to get a Su-27SM in the cockpit simulation? Yes, please... Pretty please!

What comes to F-15C etc... It is a another forum thing then, this is Su-27S forum ;)

And they do have coming the best of the best, a F-14A+/B and F/A-18C.

But so do we are getting a Su-17M4-K and Mig-23 etc....

But Su-27S datalink... Needs to be fixed.

It is annoying when a this kind small things takes longest time to wait, while the larger updates comes sooner like new graphics engine etc.

Edited by Fri13
Added URL to the developer project information regarding EFT

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• 1 year later...

My favourite feature from the Su-27.

Is hard to admit this possibly will not be introduced never ever.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

• 2 months later...

I tried many times speak with devs but no one care

I dont know why this are this hard to do

System Specs:

Windows 10 Pro x64, NVidia GeForce GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 Gaming 4GB, FX 8350 4.0 Ghz ( Cooled by Custom Cooler ), 8GB DDR3 1600 Mhz , ASUS M5A97 R2.0, x1 240gb ssd (Windows) x1 120gb ssd (DCS World) x1 500gb hd, Thustmaster T Flight X, CH Pro Throttle and CH Pro Pedals

Wags please bring a light to our poor souls

We hope for a answer =\

System Specs:

Windows 10 Pro x64, NVidia GeForce GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 Gaming 4GB, FX 8350 4.0 Ghz ( Cooled by Custom Cooler ), 8GB DDR3 1600 Mhz , ASUS M5A97 R2.0, x1 240gb ssd (Windows) x1 120gb ssd (DCS World) x1 500gb hd, Thustmaster T Flight X, CH Pro Throttle and CH Pro Pedals