CA's VR Perspective

jay20041269

• 6 months later...

Its not reversed, the drivers/gunners perspective doesnt move at all in VR. The gunsight overlay does though, creating the illusion that your head movement is inverted, while in fact its static

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD

• 2 weeks later...
Am 4.3.2021 um 02:21 schrieb sLYFa:

Its not reversed, the drivers/gunners perspective doesnt move at all in VR. The gunsight overlay does though, creating the illusion that your head movement is inverted, while in fact its static

Can confirm this. Maybe they can fix it like they did with the huey door gunners where the gun sight and vr view were also tied together before. However, in the huey the gun was at least following the vr view and not the other way around like in CA.

But I can imagine that it is a little bit more complicated. It makes sense to separate view and gun direction for weapons that are operated directly like a a machine gun on top of the tank or on a humvee. A tanks main gun is a different story. It is operated through a gun sight and if you turn your head, you would just look at the inside of the tank, which isn't modelled. Sure, you can just ignore that detail since CA isn't a real simulation anyways, but then you have a reticle that moves around the scenery and that you might loose track of. I guess the best approach/fix here would be to turn everything black around the gun sight to compensate for the missing interior model.

• 1 month later...