Mirage F1

Iberian

Back to the Mirage F-1! Dear AvioDev, I would literally go crazy if the Mirage F-1 is on your To-Do list. If it's scheduled for release sometime this year AvioDev will be my prrsonal hero... If you guys release the Mirage F-1 you will have yourself a life long customer who is 1000% loyal (I will buy each and every single AvioDev future releases - even a simulated flying turd!)

• Like 1

If you Do a F1 you have my loyalty 100%!!

I buy any module you sell.

Edited by dartuil

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

• 11 months later...

Mirage F1

Hello I would like some word on Mirage F1.

I dont ask where is the work. I more want to know which variant you finally want to do.

Thank you. :joystick:

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

I hear Morocco are due to get rid of their Mirage F1's shortly, under a replacement agreement with the US.

What better source for the info you need - bet they are going cheap! :D

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

We are still gathering documentation and info, to study the project, but most probably EE variant.

Please make a version with standard features to simulate the most exported version of the F-1E.

I don't know the extras of EE version, this is only the Spanish version right? Do you think we can simulate Iran-Irak air war with the F-1EE version?

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We are still gathering documentation and info, to study the project, but most probably EE variant.

Thank you buddy.

As far as I know, the mirage F-1 is a french made aircraft used by the french air-force and many other air-forces.

So, why doing an export version only ?

It's cool for the Spanish guys, they get their specific plane.

I'm french so you might think french bias(which is true :lol:)

Let me reformulate :

We are getting an F-18, which is an american plane, so it would be weird to have a CF-188A(Canada) or a AF-18A(Australia) or a EF-18A(Spain) and no F/A-18A(US Navy).

So my point is : It's totally ok if you do a F-1EE but give us a F-1A, C or CT which were used by french air-force.

No hate here only talk.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

As far as I know, the mirage F-1 is a french made aircraft used by the french air-force and many other air-forces.

So, why doing an export version only ?

It's cool for the Spanish guys, they get their specific plane.

I'm french so you might think french bias(which is true :lol:)

Let me reformulate :

We are getting an F-18, which is an american plane, so it would be weird to have a CF-188A(Canada) or a AF-18A(Australia) or a EF-18A(Spain) and no F/A-18A(US Navy).

So my point is : It's totally ok if you do a F-1EE but give us a F-1A, C or CT which were used by french air-force.

No hate here only talk.

You are misunderstanding the idea. The USAF is an active user of their hardware. So that mean whatever American fighter you make surely have some real combat history. In the case of the Mirage F-1 we can simulate a pass war easily with a version with avionic similar to the real F-1 active combat version. (Iraq F-1E)

If one version never have taken part in a conflict and never have been wide produced Version as make of this a standar version in DCS then how you can simulate a conflict with a non real combat experience version

Iraq is the most important user of the F-1 after France, also the rest of exported F-1 are similar to E version.

If the EE version is avionic improved (radar, systems) how you gone limit this capability in the editor?

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Im french like you and I dont care which country used the variant.

All I care is to have the most advanced F1 possible.

I hope ED take count on this. First should have priority the Wide produced and active combat versions than an Advanced and poor produced version.

Spain had the F-1E too, so should not be a problem. A sub version like the EE could be an add-on for the main version.

A good example is what is going to do ED with the L-39C and L-39ZA

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I do not agree with your point , I think the priority is to get the plane version used by the air-force from the manufacturer country.

That only engage me and I would understand if the devs want to do the plane their country used.

Edited by myHelljumper

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

I do not agree with your point , I think the priority is to get the plane version used by the air-force from the manufacturer country.

What I understand about that you said. We should fallow our own national interest first and then the international community wishes for a high simulation. Pathetic...

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

To be honest Both have AG and AA which one is the most advanced I dont know.

What I understand about that you said. We should fallow our own national interest first and then the international community wishes for a high simulation. Pathetic...

Am I pathetic ? :noexpression:

I will take another example : the F-5

The US used the F-5E AFAIK but more modern export version exist like F-5S, EM, T or TIII.

I would not understand if we get only the F-5S and not the F-5E because it can shoot AMRAAM and the american one can't.

AGAIN no hate juste an exchange of opinions.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

My main concern in aircraft models is to get something characteristic of those used in actual or potential wars. For me, the Mirage F.1 will be a stand in for the Iraqi EQ models from the 1980's Iran-Iraq War and 1990/91 Gulf War. To that end, I want a Mirage F.1E with Super 530F's and AM-39 Exocets, beyond that I don't much care which specific national variant is made. I only ask for something similar to those that saw significant combat.

On a related note, did the F.1EE the Spanish bought have AM-39's?

• Like 1

As far as I know, all export versions of Mirage F-1 have an additional letter in their variant name.

So there is no Iraqi F-1E, that is F-1EQ, like Spanish ones are F-1EE. Also, I think they all differ in one way or other.

Personally, if possible I would want F-1C, F-1EE and F-1M. But I guess first thing first, will be a single variant and in that case I believe E is the best compromise, being more multirole-ish. Aviodev being a Spanish company, it is understandable they'd prefer EE, and chances of them getting access to an old airframe or may be at least former pilots in their country is higher anyway, so it is better for us end consumers they prefer to do a EE in this sense, if we want to get it as accurate as possible.

As for earlier discussion on Mirage F-1 and BVR (I think it was on MiG-23 thread), F-1C versions including non upgareded ones should be BVR capable, so is the F-1M. I'd wager MiG-23 of comparable era would be somewhat better in BVR than Mirage F-1 but, fighter versions of Mirage did have the ability to lob missiles further than eye can see, even if just barely so.

That is why ideally it would be best to get multiple variants of the aircraft, one stiker that would serve as a fighter in a pinch, and one dedicated fighter, that may also do some limited attack in a pinch. So I hope Aviodev can do a F-1CE + F-1EE package.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

The way I see it, Aviodev want to make the most true to life F-1 that they can and I would assume that they are more likely to have access to a F-1EE than an Iraqi variant. I'd rather they make a highly detailed F-1EE than a Iraqi one with some guesswork since they don't have access to that aircraft.