DCS World Dedicated Server

Hey guys, to anyone whos trying to solve the "WebGUI server responding" bug please head here

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=242513&page=4

I noticed that in this thread here and this one https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4017047#post4017047 we were all working on the same issue, so I created another thread for the WebGui Problem alone, let's pool our resources and see if we can crack this thing :)

see you there :)

Edited by PSYKOnz

Tomcat, Tomcat über allen

• 2 weeks later...
Can I host a server for the release version of the game with this or is it only for open beta version?

You can host OpenBeta or Stable. You just need to switch the version, e.g. with the DCS Update Utility.

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

You can host OpenBeta or Stable. You just need to switch the version, e.g. with the DCS Update Utility.

How exactly do you do that with the DCS Update Utility? I can't test it at the moment as the DCS Update Utility seems to have been broken by a Windows update.

Thanks

Chaps,

What's the absolute bare minimum hardware req for the dedi server? I'm attempting to make it work under Wine - I've had a little experience with doing this with other things which took effort, and apparently the normal client *can* be made to work, but currently I'm stuck & not entirely sure why. Knowing that I've not messed up at a base level would help...

Most Wanted: the angry Naval Lynx | Seafire | Buccaneer | Hawker Hunter | Hawker Tempest/Sea Fury | Su-17/22 | rough strip rearming / construction

Chaps,

What's the absolute bare minimum hardware req for the dedi server? I'm attempting to make it work under Wine - I've had a little experience with doing this with other things which took effort, and apparently the normal client *can* be made to work, but currently I'm stuck & not entirely sure why. Knowing that I've not messed up at a base level would help...

From the download section:

Minimum system requirements: OS 64-bit Windows 7/8/10; CPU: Intel Core i3 at 2.8 GHz or AMD FX; RAM: 4 GB (8 GB for heavy missions); Free hard disk space: 100 GB; Integrated video card; 10 Mbps internet connection or better.

Recommended system requirements: OS 64-bit Windows 8/10; CPU: Core i5+ at 3+ GHz or AMD FX / Ryzen; RAM: 8 GB (16 GB for heavy missions); Free hard disk space: 100 GB on Solid State Drive (SSD); Integrated video card; 50 Mbps internet connection or better.

From the download section:

Minimum system requirements: OS 64-bit Windows 7/8/10; CPU: Intel Core i3 at 2.8 GHz or AMD FX; RAM: 4 GB (8 GB for heavy missions); Free hard disk space: 100 GB; Integrated video card; 10 Mbps internet connection or better.

Recommended system requirements: OS 64-bit Windows 8/10; CPU: Core i5+ at 3+ GHz or AMD FX / Ryzen; RAM: 8 GB (16 GB for heavy missions); Free hard disk space: 100 GB on Solid State Drive (SSD); Integrated video card; 50 Mbps internet connection or better.

I'm wondering if "integrated video" means it needs some rudimentary 3d provision... not for rendering 3d obviously but sometimes even interfaces use parts of 3d libraries. There are quirks like that that don't generally make it to docs, because this is not exactly a supported thing to be trying ( and no way would I want to support people trying to use Wine! ).

Edit: it does not, and I've made it work using a version of Wine that comes with lutris.

Edited by Richard Dastardly

Most Wanted: the angry Naval Lynx | Seafire | Buccaneer | Hawker Hunter | Hawker Tempest/Sea Fury | Su-17/22 | rough strip rearming / construction

Try this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahdoh View Post

Along with that, the PLAYER name for the server as well should be available for modification.

Try this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by USSR_Rik View Post

Issue: Server's player name is just 'player' and can't be changed

Hint: Create folder Scripts in server home folder: Saved Games\%DCS_Dedicated_Server%\Scripts

and create in that folder file dedicatedServer.lua

with text:

Code:

net.set_name('your desired server player name')

local res = net.start_server(serverSettings)

if res ~= 0 then

log.write('Dedicated Server', log.DEBUG, 'Failed to start server with code: ', res)

end

Cheers

IAF.ViFF

Cheers

This doesnt appear to work with the Dedicated Server. I followed the information given, but I suspect there is some step that was omitted.

Any help would be appreciated

CPU: i9-12900K @ 4.9Ghz

M/B: MSI MEG z690 Ace

RAM: 128GB

Video Card: MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X

VR: Varjo Aero

It does work, I have changed the name of my dedicated server.

here are the contents of my dedicatedServer.lua file, which is in the scripts directory:

net.set_name('RLG Server')
local res = net.start_server(serverSettings)
if res ~= 0 then
   log.write('Dedicated Server', log.DEBUG, 'Failed to start server with code: ', res)
end

The server itself shows up as RLG Server.

• ED Team
This doesnt appear to work with the Dedicated Server. I followed the information given, but I suspect there is some step that was omitted.

Any help would be appreciated

It works and tested many times on different PC. Your issue (as I understand fron your PM) is another - you can't bowse folders using Web GUI. It means you don't connected to server properly.

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

• 3 weeks later...

As the dedi works quite stable now and we are able to run multiple instances at one machine (thanks for that), I would kindly ask to throw some more development into this.

For the start it would be nice to pass GET parameter to web GUI to connect to specific server instance.

Zapraszam na Gildia.org - polska społeczność DCS. :thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...
  • ED Team
Hi all, can somebody point me to the file where I can change the login account details of the dedicated server.

Thanks in advance!

delete the network.vault in saved games dcs server folder it will ask for your login again

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...

Is it just me or has the Dedi server been broken in tonights patch? It instantly crashes when mission starts?

dcs.log-20191218-224950.zip

Edited by PravusJSB

Creator & Developer of XSAF ::An AI model that wants to kill you, and needs no help from humans.

Discord: PravusJSB#9484   twitch.tv/pravusjsb  https://www.patreon.com/XSAF  https://discord.gg/pC9EBe8vWU https://bmc.link/johnsbeaslu

Work with me on Fiverr: https://www.fiverr.com/pravusjsb

• 2 months later...

I spun up a new VM in my VMWare environment and performed the Dedicated Server installation this afternoon from https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/server_beta/.

Installation

Run installer, choose separate folder and install it as usual. Note: if you have previous server version based on DCS World client, uninstall it before. Installer will install DCS World base as well as all terrains and WWII units modules.

Write folder for dedicated server is: Saved Games\DCS.openbeta_server

You don't need to add command line keys (--server and/or --norender) into launch icon, server will start with these options by default.

Update: server checks update every day when launched (like DCS World).

Server control

A. Local Web control. Just open link 'Local Web GUI' created after installation on your desktop.

I click the shortcut "DCS World OpenBeta Server". It opens the DCS World Logo Window.

I click the shortcut "Local Web GUI" and it auto opens the link to get to the WebGui, but I get Server not responding. Am I missing a step or something? I'm doing this all locally and firewall disabled.

Capture01.JPG.d34f3921595bc29c1bcd716938dde579.JPG

Capture02.thumb.JPG.a39326720079bec53fe425b114dd692f.JPG

you may have to wait a bit for it to finish starting up. use the connect/retry button in the popup window. did you change the default ports?

probably should put this question in the dedicated server thread. BTW, I am running open beta server with no issues, but i have been keeping updated.

• 2 weeks later...
Great Work Rik, I shall have a go at getting this set-up today (once link available)

Question: How do I stop it running auto update ?

Reason: A lot of us use scripts (eg batch files to launch / re-start DCS servers) having it auto update might cause issues - unless the auto update requires no interaction ?

Where you sign in is a box for auto update at the bottom left I think where you can un-check or check

• 2 weeks later...
setting up DCS dedicated server ,

My server shows IPv6 address, in the server listing:

Is there a way to have the IPv4 address displayed in the server list

Thanks Guys

If your server is inside your LAN, the short answer is no, if you disable ipv6 on client or server, you will no longer be able to see it in the server list at all.

You can always use connect by IP button and fill up your internal IPv4 address manually, and connect using that protocol.

But there is no reason to do that.

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!