Missions 7 and 10 AI not joining formation

There seems to be an AI problem with the latest Open Beta.

As stated here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4000293&postcount=20

And here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4000735&postcount=21

I have modified mission 7 by adding WP1 for AI at truck stop and moved all the follow tasks there.

It worked.

Today i had the same problem in mission 10, and by looking at it in the mission editor seems like the same thing is happening.

Is it possible to make those changes in those 2 (and probably others) missions? I cannot save the changes so doing this every time is not very practical... :helpsmilie:

I guess in the OB is no big deal, but i'm afraid if they slip this change in AI behaviour into stable branch there will be no way of progressing in this (and others) campaign...

But if it's reported than i guess we can only wait and hope (don't know if you have some contacts inside)...

Btw great campaign (despite giving me gazelle nightmares), really looking forward to Raven One.

Hi Dragon, really enjoying your campaign so far. However, I've run into a snag on mission 7, related to the above posts.

Banshee never joined formation with me despite keeping 250 for the majority of the flight to WP 2, only speeding up to reach it by the set time. After that, I checked the map to see where banshee was and discovered that they were flying a whole different set of WPs than us.

Could you give it a look? I'll also try the mission again to see if they behave the same way. Thanks.

Edited by Cavemanhead
Typo

Also, IIRC there are two parts of Banshee flight. Banshee 11 and 12 should rejoin with you, but it is possible that 13 and 14 fly a different path than the rest (due to AI limitations, they are only tasked with dropping illum flares). Can you confirm that all 4 flew a different route or was it only 2 aircraft?

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Just ran the mission again...

After takeoff, I followed WP 1 to the truck stop and then started my course to WP 2 and kept 250 per usual. I then opened the map to see what the other members of my package were doing. This time, my whole package skipped the truck stop and headed directly to their orbit points... Their route didn't include the truck stop or the passage through Sally. It seems like the same problem the OP had, so this problem still exists in the latest OB update.

Here is a screenshot of the map. I'm on the right of the shot, heading north. All of the other members of my package are to the left, heading NW.

Screen_190825_083822.thumb.png.908f7aa5c4ca167c9246be9b19b75d35.png

• 2 weeks later...