A little help

BobbyDevo

I place my TD over a target in HUD mode. How do I slave my Mavericks to that spot?

What's a TD, and what is HUD mode? Are you by any chance referring to the A-10A? In which case the sub-forum A-10A for DCS World would be more suitable.

As for the A-10C, it's all about understanding SOI and SPI. Then slaving Mavs (or any other sensor) just requires a SPI on your target, followed by "Slave all to SPI". Let us know if this is what you're looking for, so we could give more detailed instructions on achieving that goal.

I think he means TDC.

TMS up long to make it SPI

China hat forward long to slave all to SPI

Switch to MAV, (mfcd to SOI, coolie hat long...) China hat forward long again and to slew Mav to the target. Only if not set to MAV already.

Then just mfcd to SOI, TMS short to lock. (When in range)

300px-SOI-SPI.jpg

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

I am away from my cockpit but doing a little homework, lemme see if I got this correct:

I coolie hat up to make the HUD SOI.

I slew my TDC to a target in my HUD.

I TMS up long to make it SPI.

I China Hat forward long to slave all to SPI.

I Coolie Hat left or right short to bring my MAV page up.

I China Hat forward long to make my MAV's look at the target.

TMS up short to lock the target.

Fire

Is that correct?

I am away from my cockpit but doing a little homework, lemme see if I got this correct:

I coolie hat up to make the HUD SOI.

I slew my TDC to a target in my HUD.

I TMS up long to make it SPI.

I China Hat forward long to slave all to SPI.

TMS up short to lock the target.

Fire

Is that correct?

Fire hands right:thumbup:

It gets easier, make sure you setup your controls well, as muscle memory will come into play later.

That is if your not use the Warthog that has the correct layout.

The only thing I see wrong.

--------------------

Coolie Hat left or right (long) to make (mfcd to SOI)

TMS up short to lock the target. (You may need to slew to target as the hud is not that refined/accurate)

Fire

--------------------

It's a poor mans helmet mounted cueing system. The later versions of the A-10 have this.

When do I use this? To rip off multiple mav's after seeing a convoy when doing recon on the sever I play on etc.

Spotted.

Quickly throw down the spi using the hud just in front of the moving convoy.

slave all to SPI

Slew, TMS up, Fire

Slew, TMS up, Fire

Slew, TMS up, Fire

Slew, TMS up, Fire

If time? Check targets with TGP and look for AAA units in said convoy.

Coolie Hat left or right short to bring my MAV page up.

Slew to 3rd unit etc, TMS up, Fire

Slew, TMS up, Fire

Slew, TMS up, Fire

Sometimes it's just as easy and quicker to roll in and rip off the mav's. Just make sure you know that it's an enemy grid with no friendlies around, especially online. People get mad when you kill their units lol.

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link