Command menu

Direwolf

I noticed "communications" key (\) is not working as soon I take off. I mean, while on the ground, I can access the key, talk to the crew, to the tower, and no problems. As soon I am off the ground (in the air) it stops working. I can´t access wingmen, tower. I checked this behavior with FA-18 and MI-8 modules, and there is the same problem. But in those modules I can use specific radio keys (COMM 1 AND COMM2 in F18; Radio/ICS trigger in Mi-8), so I don´t need access "communication key". Is this a bug?

Tried [ RAlt + \ ]?

I can even change the command to any key I want (e.g. key "a"). The problem is not related to the key, but to the program, I think. For no reason, as soon I take off, the comms menu is not available anymore. It doesn´t matter if it´s binded to \ key, or Ralt \, or whatever key I decide to bind the comms menu to. If you´re not understanding me (English is not my native language), try to replicate the problem in your computer. Set an instant action mission that starts in the air, and try to press \ key (or whatever key you assigned to the comms menu).

Direwolf, the Ka-50 flight manual only describe usage of " \ " (comms menu), but I think 1) it's outdated or 2) only works if easy comms is activated in DCS menu.

Like Holton181 said, when airborne (in fact all the time) you have to use " Ralt + \ " , which is not comms menu but "SP-9 micro button".

Best way : map this command to one of your buttons and only use this one. It always works, in air or on ground, as long as you use a correct frequency on the R800 radio (left panel).

Direwolf, the Ka-50 flight manual only describe usage of " \ " (comms menu), but I think 1) it's outdated or 2) only works if easy comms is activated in DCS menu.

Like Holton181 said, when airborne (in fact all the time) you have to use " Ralt + \ " , which is not comms menu but "SP-9 micro button".

Best way : map this command to one of your buttons and only use this one. It always works, in air or on ground, as long as you use a correct frequency on the R800 radio (left panel).

You´re right! This key is assigned to SPU-9 PTT, and that means the Radio Button for KA-50. Thx for the help!