The Virtual Horsemen

VH-Rock

Hi Guys,

My first post here and I am very excited to see this new development of a great sim for an equally great aircraft!

Allow me to introduce myself: My name is Rob "Rock" Brindley and for the last 3 years I have been leading the Virtual Horsemen in the IL-2 flight simulator. We became the first none Lockon team to fly at the Virtual Festival of Aerobatics teams, Performed live at the Low Land Tiger Meet and have even gained official Sponsorship and support from the real horsemen themselves. IL-2 has provided us with a great platform but, as 10 year old games do, it's starting to show it's age and therefore, when we found out about this new development, we are looking forward to switching to the new sim when it is released.

Here are a few video's of us flying in IL-2:

Edited by VH-Rock

Virtual Horsemen - Right Wing (P-51)  - 2008... 

Virtual Ultimate Fighters - Lead (P-47) - 2020...

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the forum Rob ;)

• Like 1

Simulatori: DCS A-10C II Warthog - DCS F/A-18C Hornet - DCS F-16C - VRS F/A-18E - 
HOTAS: TM Warthog - Cougar \ HP Reverb G2 \ WinWing Panels

Tally: I see the degenerate commie who wants to ruin our day.

We are looking forward to switching to this great sim once it's released! :D

Also follow our team updates on facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Virtual-Horsemen/110090404400

And we will also start releasing videos regularly on our new youtube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheVirtualHorsemen

So make sure to subscribe!

If you have any questions regarding the Horsemen and the P-51 Mustang please don't hesitate to ask, we will do our very best to answer, leave us messages on facebook!

Edited by VH-SkyHawk

Hi Guys,

My first post here and I am very excited to see this new development of a great sim for an equally great aircraft!

Allow me to introduce myself: My name is Rob "Rock" Brindley and for the last 3 years I have been leading the Virtual Horsemen in the IL-2 flight simulator. We became the first none Lockon team to fly at the Virtual Festival of Aerobatics teams, Performed live at the Low Land Tiger Meet and have even gained official Sponsorship and support from the real horsemen themselves. IL-2 has provided us with a great platform but, as 10 year old games do, it's starting to show it's age and therefore, when we found out about this new development, we are looking forward to switching to the new sim when it is released.

Here are a few video's of us flying in IL-2:

?hd=1

Having seen the Real Horsemen fly at RAF Duxford and your videos i can only be in awe of your performances as i am of anyone who can fly aerobatically like that.

Welcome.

:thumbup:

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

Thank you all very much for the warm welcome. As SkyHawk says, we will be releasing weekly video updates of our training so make sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel so that you don't miss anything! We are also posting regular updates on our facebook page with small comments after each flight and the occasional hint to new surprises ;)

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheVirtualHorsemen

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Virtual-Horsemen/110090404400

Totally looking forward to what you guys will do with DCS P-51. Welcome to the forum. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Totally looking forward to what you guys will do with DCS P-51. Welcome to the forum. :)

Thank you guys, We believe that this new Sim will really bring our show to the next level and we can't wait to see how it looks. It's going to be a special year for us all :)

Welcome to the forums. Looking forward to seeing you guys in action.

Have you played any of the other DCS products before?

Hi LostOblivion,

I personally have not yet ventured in DCS although I do fly FC1 and 2. The reason, my area of interest in aviation is anything from 1914 to 1960 and unfortunately DCS did not fit in that envelope. I heard fantastic reviews about the features of DCS however from my friends who fly it regularly and I was hoping that maybe one day, we would get a mustang so that VH could switch. I am now very happy that we are able to do this :)

Plan on re-learning everything you learned in IL-2.

I'm always impressed when people do the really tight formation flying in these games where you have no depth perception and sensory input overall. I really think it's one of the few things that it's more difficult to do than for real as a result of that.

Hi LostOblivion,

I personally have not yet ventured in DCS although I do fly FC1 and 2. The reason, my area of interest in aviation is anything from 1914 to 1960 and unfortunately DCS did not fit in that envelope. I heard fantastic reviews about the features of DCS however from my friends who fly it regularly and I was hoping that maybe one day, we would get a mustang so that VH could switch. I am now very happy that we are able to do this :)

well..the KA50 looks like it was made in the 1960's :P

i think this is a great demonstration of what DCS P51D can do to strike interest in the tech capabilities of ED.

Welcome to the forums and thanks for promoting the product and technology as I am sure you will.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

i think this is a great demonstration of what DCS P51D can do to strike interest in the tech capabilities of ED.

Welcome to the forums and thanks for promoting the product and technology as I am sure you will.

Hi Doom,

We would love to help ED promote the product with Video's or other forms of media, but I think if we were to think about that now, we would be getting ahead of ourselves a little bit.

I think it will be a fantastic day when we fly our first public show in DCS: P-51D Mustang. Although that may be some time away, only time will tell. VFAT 2012 anyone?

Having seen the Real Horsemen fly at RAF Duxford and your videos i can only be in awe of your performances as i am of anyone who can fly aerobatically like that.

Welcome.

:thumbup:

SAME :)

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome to the forum, VH :)

Like everyone else, I can't wait to see your guys performance with the DCS: Mustang!

It will certainly fly a little (*cough*) different than IL2, but it's a pretty stable platform, formation should be no problem. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda