What do you think about P-51D and Flying Legends?

csper

What do you think about P-51D and Flying Legends?  

1729 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about P-51D and Flying Legends?

• I'm so happy thanks ED ! :))
    • I like, but it could be another WW2 plane. :)
    • I dont like P-51D, I want another WW2 plane. :|
    • I want WW2 scenery, not just a WW2 plane!
    • I want Flying Legends series to have only JETs. There is no place WW2 planes at JET's playground! :/
    • I just want ED to make modern aircrafts/helicopters.. :(
    • I want carrier ops!
    • I want two seater cockpit!
    • If Flying Legends will have only ww2 planes, so it has to be independent from moderns..
    • Flying Legends must have helicopters.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FWIW, I still stand by my vote. The other aircraft are excellent but, on a very basic level, I enjoy flying the Mustang far more!

Plus, unlike the A-10, I can put the top 'down'...and still put it back 'up' later. :P

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• ED Team
In poll like this one, there can NOT be a multiple choices. There must be a multiple polls. Poll looses sense if you get more than 100% in total.

CNN REPORTED "The person, who sustained severe 3 degree burns, which covered 93% of his body was released from hospital earlier today. Man said, it was a miracle and he is very lucky to get away with this minor injury as the remaining 1725% of body was covered with wet cloths and remained unharmed." :huh:

Since December 2011 I always thought that 146% is the absolute mathematical limit for the whole...

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Since December 2011 I always thought that 146% is the absolute mathematical limit for the whole...

There, that settles it then!

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Nevada will be awesome for something like air racing (Reno, baby!). But still, in a combat-sim (and DCS does have combat in it), I think we need an Axis counterpart. I vote 190 D-9 since it would be comparable. Me-109 was the workhorse but not really a match for the P-51. The late versions (G and K) are considered desperate efforts to go on the cheap side of things.

Anyone 'official' on board to at least confirm or deny if the "Flying Legends" thing was not a one-off?

:edit: Also, one argument for more WWII planes - while ED's sims are modern age focused, the main reason that is keeping some new people from DCS is the complication level. Even with the study approach, it's less for WWII birds, than modern jets. I was never able to get around Falcon, I am quite good with the Ka-50 and a noob in the A-10, but the Mustang took me about two hours to learn to fly... Something to keep in mind.

Though I am no kid, Falcon 4 predates my Internet warbirds fix. And I got into too late for the IL2 based game. Want complication? I just purchased the F/A-18E Superbug for FSX to satisfy my need for an aircraft carrier based jet of DCS's high standard of a study sim. Though from my just 3 days getting acquainted, I still prefer DCS, I'm just tired of waiting for the next new DCS plane. Not sure I can fly it on the Stallturn server, but FSX's multiplayer may suffice.

If the P-51D is going to operate in the same combat theater as the SAMS and jets, then at least give us chaff, flares and electronic warfare jammers to at least survive these modern era missions OR give us the 'Nam era prop plane that the Warthog replaced. The only way I can survive the Sams (maybe) is to fly tree level or below to get below their radar. Of course an organized air ops would eliminate the sams on the 1st wave in and give the P-51D a mission it is more suited for. Do you guys ever do a full out assault the way an invasion is supposed to be thought out? The 1st Iraq war is a beautiful example of utilizing an armada of aircraft to do severe damage.

Maybe so, they will just do the P-51D, at least for now, that is what was said at the time. DCS just do not go bankrupt pursuing to much, too fast. Out northwest coast USA co-ops are big. Everybody puts cash into a pot for product development then give out dividends as you get richer. REI started out that way and still give out dividends based on how much a person buys. Then DCS always has adequate cash flow. How much you selling stock shares?

Cheers guys.

Edited by ErichVon

Everybody puts cash into a pot for product development then give out dividends as you get richer. REI started out that way and still give out dividends based on how much a person buys. Then DCS always has adequate cash flow. How much you selling stock shares?

Cheers guys.

Uhh, I don't think this applies here.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.