Editing the TAD in the pre flight phase

nickos86

Hi, In Falcon BMS the user can add "lines" and pre-defined "threat circles" while in the 2D UI. Then, after uploading the DTC all this symbology will appear on the HSD. It makes it easy to define FLOT, kill box, etc.

It that an option on the real A-10C? If so - is there a chance that this feature will be added to the game?

Thanks

Edited by nickos86

All that, and a lot more, is possible in reality.

It can’t be done in DCS and I’d say it’s highly unlikely it’ll be added to DCS this long after it was released. What have in DCS is really more of a moving map display than a “TAD”.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

I think Viper over at CombatFlite was talking about looking into implementing some TAD overlays like this as he did for the KA-50.

The TAD overlays are one of the priorities, as this is extremely useful. I have already implemented this for the Ka-50 ABRIS. For the A-10C TAD it's a bit more complicated, as it is not supported by DCS in the same fashion as it is in the case of the Ka-50 at the moment. I will either figure out a workaround or request this to be supported by DCS.

He'd be the man to ask on how that's going.

I think Viper over at CombatFlite was talking about looking into implementing some TAD overlays like this as he did for the KA-50.

He'd be the man to ask on how that's going.

I have requested this to be supported by DCS, together with the loading of data cartridges from an external file for the A-10C and the upcoming F/A-18C (in a similar way to how it's done in the Viggen). We'll see what of it gets implemented by ED and when. Probably not anytime soon, if at all.

There is a workaround for loading flight plans and navpoints into the CDU and for setting different systems of the A-10C prior to the mission. But only for SP, not MP. With regard to TAD overlays, there is no workaround I am aware of. (Other than drawing the overlays directly into the tiles. Which is not the course of action I am going to take.)

On a bright note: CombatFlite, that's being developed, is ready to support all of that. It's just nowhere to plug the capability into on the DCS side at the moment.