Need a little help: Bad directory

jef32

Hi

Until yesterday i used DCS 1.5 bêta. But yesterday, when i tried to join the server of the aerobatic team where i fly, i never find it in the list. In fact, all others had the official version 1.5 in 1.5.5 -xxxx update and i was the only one having the bêta in the 1.5.6-xxxx version. Until yesterday i hadn't any problems with that ( in fact, we havn't noticed the difference of versions) but yesterday, the problem was here. So, I've downloaded the .exe to install the official 1.5 version and i've installed it. The program took around 22 Gb of files in my DCS 2 but i needed to download around 5 Gb and i have just a 8Mo connection. And i've done a mistake with the directory where i have installed my official 1.5 version. I would like to correct that but i'm afraid to have to download the 5 Gb again .Is it a way to just cut-paste the 1.5 files in the directory i want really and to correct the DCS entries in the registry or must i desinstall and reinstall the 1.5 again with the obligation to download the 5Gb again ?

Thanks !

Edited by jef32

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

While you might be successful with making registry changes yourself manually and thus solving the issue, reinstalling is probably your best bet; you might induce other weird crashes/errors. You can also use this thread to change install type: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

Come join a passionate community of flight simmers everyday, live at

16hnv2f.png

PC Specs

Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.4GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7

Corsair Vengeance LED 2666MHz 32GB DDR4

H115i 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

EVGA GeForce 980Ti Hybrid (built-in liquid cooling)

EVGA SuperNova 750W 80+Gold

Samsung NVMe 950PRO M.2 SSD 512GBx2

You can move the folder wherever You want, edit windows shortcuts and the game will work right away (been there, done that when moving two of my DCS installs from HDD to SSD).

The only thing that won't work is copying files between installs during future updating. Since You're bandwidth limited, this functionality is important and editing registry sooner or later will be Your next step to do. Yes, find old folder entries in the registry and change them to new folder path - should work OK as well (done that too).

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

If it is just the folder entrie to edit, this can be easy. I'll try that !

thanks !

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

Ok just 2 entries in the registry to change. But i keep my beta version too because some popular servers are just using this one.

All run properly .