A sneak peak of .. Leavu3

Fakum

yes

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

@ YODA : So I've been using your magnificent priceless MOD and i had to come here and express my gratitude to you for really taking effort and time of your own life to create this piece of art .I really appreciate your work .

Just to point out something i noticed during using the MOD for those who doesn't know that beside the tons of info this MOD offers it also solves the problem with F15 when you switch to ILS mode and try to scroll between the different airbases using (Ctrl+~ ) and not being able to know which one is the base you seeking . With this mode when you switch to ILS not only Leavu shows you where the airbase is at on Your HSD page but also it indicates where is the point of approach , localiser , threshold and the end of the runway . Really this guy has potential skills that ED should learn from him.

really thank you

@ YODA : So I've been using your magnificent priceless MOD and i had to come here and express my gratitude to you for really taking effort and time of your own life to create this piece of art .I really appreciate your work .

Just to point out something i noticed during using the MOD for those who doesn't know that beside the tons of info this MOD offers it also solves the problem with F15 when you switch to ILS mode and try to scroll between the different airbases using (Ctrl+~ ) and not being able to know which one is the base you seeking . With this mode when you switch to ILS not only Leavu shows you where the airbase is at on Your HSD page but also it indicates where is the point of approach , localiser , threshold and the end of the runway . Really this guy has potential skills that ED should learn from him.

really thank you

Thanks!

Let me know if you run into any bugs or other issues. :pilotfly:

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

Thanks , so far I haven’t encounter any bugs but I had a minor suggestion and I don’t know if its possible to implement or not . The FCR page is very nice the way its and I like it except for the way the upper and lower limit of the scan zone is presented next to the Cursor. I personally think the 2 circle presented in the F15 Radar is more clear but this is up to debate. I know that the way it is now is based on the F16 falcon, Also is it possible to add in the future the scan carrot that moves up and down in the left side of the F15 Radar ( I don’t know what its called )

Thanks , so far I haven’t encounter any bugs but I had a minor suggestion and I don’t know if its possible to implement or not . The FCR page is very nice the way its and I like it except for the way the upper and lower limit of the scan zone is presented next to the Cursor. I personally think the 2 circle presented in the F15 Radar is more clear but this is up to debate. I know that the way it is now is based on the F16 falcon, Also is it possible to add in the future the scan carrot that moves up and down in the left side of the F15 Radar ( I don’t know what its called )

I wish I could add carets for live antenna motion, but that data is simply not exported by the game for the F-15 through Export.lua :(. Otherwise I would have added it.

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

What other aircraft are supported or will be supported.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

What other aircraft are supported or will be supported.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Well I don't know. The DCS FC planes have very similar data export, so getting more of them fully supported might be possible. However I'm not sure about the newer and somewhat more deeply simulated planes like A10C, mirage, mig21 etc. The reason is simply that I don't know how to extract equivalent data from the game - if it's even possible.

If someone can give me APIs with equivalent data for other aircraft - supporting them would be super easy. If you'd like to lend a hand the best thing would be to use the http/rest API of dcs-remote + leavu to extract what is currently exported (run leavu and the f15 instant mission UNPAUSED - then just GET http://127.0.0.1:12340/export/dcs_remote_export_data()

Take the resulting JSON and look for where I would get the equivalent data for the other aircraft. If it's available somewhere (different format is not a big deal), then sure we can discuss implementing that aircraft too!

Yeah so a mod like this is actually worth my 15 bucks

tumblr_m63582pvsg1qga4yj.gif

Thanks! - Would love to see a Shits n giggles with leavu mayhem if you ever get the chance:).

Sobe, since you and I use the same Helios profile, I have 2 problems to solve, 1 is the clarity of the text once shrunk ( I will deal with that later), the other is, now that I have this great MOD,,, I see I need to open up Leavu3, three times to get three windows,,, now how do you make it so you don't have to open these up individually and fiddle around for half an hour trying to insert them on your Helios profile windows? Thanks,

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Fakum

I have 2 sets of 3 profiles each. One set has the displays (without borders) fit in the 3 windows of Cpt z's helios and I have each of the 3 profiles in separate subfolders. I do have to click 3 times, but I am sure there is a way to do that in a bat file. However, I could never get it to work.

I also have 3 additional folders that have borders on each of the displays so when they are opened, they fit approximately in the correct space. However, when I am in the air, I make them larger so I can see them better even though this covers some instruments. Currently, I only use this second group . If you want, I can send you the config files for all 6 displays.

Edited by sobe
typos

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Sobe, please send me what you have. I'm not sure I follow entirely, but perhaps your files will clarifying? I'm simply trying to get the Leavu windows to open in a defined area when I open them, much like Leavu2 where you were able to define the x/y coordinates on startup. Thanks.

Is anyone else running any kind of batch file to accommodate this?Thanks

Sobe, please send me what you have. I'm not sure I follow entirely, but perhaps your files will clarifying? I'm simply trying to get the Leavu windows to open in a defined area when I open them, much like Leavu2 where you were able to define the x/y coordinates on startup. Thanks.

Is anyone else running any kind of batch file to accommodate this?Thanks

Im sorry i dont get exactly what you trying to do but If you want the leavu to open in X,Y coordinates you can do that . Simply open the cfg file with note bad and you will see x and y coordinates , keep adjusting them till you get the window in the best place you like .

Thanks simo1000rr, that's pointing me in the right direction. I'm on the road right now, so I don't remember which folder has the cfg file but I,m sure I can find it. I guess the best way I can describe my intent is that with Leavu2, I was able to set all 3 window locations in one cfg file, but as I understand Leavu 3 at the moment, you have to click on Leavu 3, 3 separate times if you want 3 separate Windows, so how does one preset 3 different Windows is the best way I think I can ask the question? Thanks

Thanks simo1000rr, that's pointing me in the right direction. I'm on the road right now, so I don't remember which folder has the cfg file but I,m sure I can find it. I guess the best way I can describe my intent is that with Leavu2, I was able to set all 3 window locations in one cfg file, but as I understand Leavu 3 at the moment, you have to click on Leavu 3, 3 separate times if you want 3 separate Windows, so how does one preset 3 different Windows is the best way I think I can ask the question? Thanks

you will find the file inside LEAVU3 folder and its called "leavu3-cfg" open it with notpad and edit the x and y coordinates to what suits you .

I think i somehow understand what you want to do so i guess in your case make a 3 separate copies of leavu3 folder with each folder has its own setup of x,y . you can in this case call each folder according to its usage so you dont get confused for example one for HSD and one for FCR and so on ... im not sure if this would work but i dont see why not if we can open 3 running window of the same application .

Ahh! I think I see the key now with making 3 separate folders! I think this is what Sobe was trying to tell me? Sounds logical,, I will give that a go,,, many thanks

Exactly.

I have 6 folders. 3 with borders and 3 without borders.

Exactly.

I have 6 folders. 3 with borders and 3 without borders.

Guys, Guys, you only need 1 folder.

Just have 6 config files. Pass the config file you want to use as a command line parameter.

Example:

java -jar leavu3.jar my-cfg-file.json

Make a cmd/bat file or something which starts 3 leavus. Much easier to handle program updates that way.

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

Thanks Yoda, I have to admit though, I have no idea how to make a command Bat,,,, a whole nother subject all together,,,, do you know of any links for instructions, I sure wouldn't mind learning how to do that, unless it takes a lot of hours of training?

The statement above:

"Just have 6 config files. Pass the config file you want to use as a command line parameter.

Example:

java -jar leavu3-assembly-SNAPSHOT.jar my-cfg-file.json"

is not exactly obvious to me sorry to say,,,

Thanks Yoda, I have to admit though, I have no idea how to make a command Bat,,,, a whole nother subject all together,,,, do you know of any links for instructions, I sure wouldn't mind learning how to do that, unless it takes a lot of hours of training?

The statement above:

"Just have 6 config files. Pass the config file you want to use as a command line parameter.

Example:

java -jar leavu3-assembly-SNAPSHOT.jar my-cfg-file.json"

is not exactly obvious to me sorry to say,,,

Hmm Im not sure how to explain it otherwise.. :S.

The 'command line' is basically a shell/command prompt. In Windows the standard shell is CMD (some prefer powershell) - it is started by start -> run -> cmd. You can also run shell commands through bat/cmd files. In the old MSDOS days the shell was all you had. In linux or macos based OSes you quite often do daily tasks from the shell.

r61fIFf.png

Most programs can be started from the shell, for example if you want to start dcs, you can do start->run->cmd, then 'cd' to the dcs directory and type dcs.exe <ENTER>.

In the same way you can launch java applications (sometimes packages as .jar files) with the 'java' exe, which is installed when you have java on your system. In that case you can do start->run->cmd, 'cd' to your leavu directory and type 'java -jar leavu.jar'. That way leavu starts and you also get all the logging output in the shell. Command line arguments are application parameters given after the application exe or .jar file. for example java -jar leavu.jar my-config-file.json. Here the text 'my-config-file.json' is a command line argument. Leavu is written to interpret the first command line argument as the config file path/name.

NLlNx27.png

By writing a simple cmd/bat file (=shell script) you can automate startup of several leavus with different config files.

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

ok, I'm with you just a little,,, I started out in DOS decades ago, so I am a bit familiar, but havnt used it in just as long.

1st, I don't know if what your suggesting is to open up the command prompt each time I want to run Leavu, and manually typing in the commands ( I hope not), because I would NOT know exactly what to type in for each command to get 3 leavu windows running. nor would I prefer to have to go thru that lengthy process to do so I would presume?

2nd, what you state in the end "By writing a simple cmd/bat file (=shell script) you can automate startup of several leavus with different config files. "

That is exactly what we are trying to accomplish, I could be mis interpreting what you stated, for all I know you just told me how to do it, but I don't see it,,,,,,,,, how do you write a CMD/Bat file? Do you simply open up notepad and save it with a file extension of ".bat" and then enter the contents, whatever that needs to be?

I don't know if I'm getting off topic here or not? I don't believe I am as it is absolutely related to running Leavu3, and I know I'm not the only one trying to accomplish the same goal here. I know Sobe would be interested in this as well since he is opening up 3 separate windows himself. Thanks for the help so far,,,,

Sorry but this is a really basic question. Is Leavu3 for online play only or is this tool usable for offline single player missions? It seems to me that this is designed for multi-player teams? Thanks!

Win 10 64-bit, Intel Core i7-7700k@4.2GHz, MSI 1080Ti , 16 GB, 500GB SSD, LG 34UM95, Acer T232HL, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Good question,,,, I don't recall using it in single player,, I'm sure someone will chime in,, I would imagine it would work on both,,,but I don't know,,, good question if its not already stated in the readme?