=BURNING SKIES= WWII Server

eekz

Ok, as soon as xcom posted labels file in the thread I think he don't mind if we try it on BS. I'll put it to the mission tonight.

thumbup.gif

Good work eekz, hopefully help us VR users in spotting other aircraft too. Looking forward to trying it out later on tonight.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

hi,

circled part of target (in Supply depot in Villers-Bocage) causes of FPS drop when is destroyed.

Rest of units is without any effect.

When i destroyed that part this evening, several players immediately started to complain about huge FPS drop.

788599235_Vstiek1.PNG.a713ea531e03c82a12219f459fdf8364.PNG

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

hi,

circled part of target (in Supply depot in Villers-Bocage) causes of FPS drop when is destroyed.

When i destroyed that part this evening, several players immediately started to complain about huge FPS drop.

I've been getting this too, the more targets I destroy the worse it gets to the point of a slide show. Others were complaining of a big FPS drop at the same time. I also get the same issue when others are attacking the ground targets too. It's been like this for me since the last mission change a few days ago (it was fine before this), so isn't related to the labels mod put on the server today.

Like the mod though, makes spotting other aircraft and furballs at a distance much easier now in VR without spoiling immersion.

Edited by bart

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

2 days agao it was the same ... server was full and running fine, suddenly the fps dropped like hell ... i went from 60 to 15-30 , some pilots wrote they went down to 5-10 ... immediately people where disconnencting because of performance

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are two types of fighter pilots - those who have, and those who will execute a magnificent break turn towards a bug on the canopy . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/user/schnarrsonvomdach

http://www.twitch.tv/schnarre

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Schnarre-Schnarrson/876084505743788?fref=ts

the same for me on last saturday

sudently FPS drop down to half of before !

I left the server ... re-connect ... FPS were fine again ;)

Clevo Sager - i7 6700-K 4.0Ghz OC@4.4Ghz - RAM 32GB DDR4 - VIDEO Nvidia 980 GTX 8Go - XFi SoundBlaster

VR with Oculus Rift - KGB Gunfighter-Pro + Cougar Gaz + Simped + volant T300 + pédalier LeoBodnar

yesterday fun against an 109 on BS server...

${1}

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

hi,

It seems like a bug of destroyed model or bugged smoke of a particular object in the marked area. Should be reported to ED I think.

Куплю B-17, можно B-24. B-29 не предлагать!

Burning Skies

=Burning Skies= @ Facebook

Feedback from a VR user (sorry).

Just a sky full of black dots. Again, couldn't identify an aircraft until he was close enough to shoot. I think I was then shot down by a friendly. Maybe he's using VR too...

Back to the Huey. Keep us posted on ideas guys

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Feedback from a VR user (sorry).

Just a sky full of black dots. Again, couldn't identify an aircraft until he was close enough to shoot. I think I was then shot down by a friendly. Maybe he's using VR too...

Back to the Huey. Keep us posted on ideas guys

The only idea I have is to tune marker colors for coalitions, or make Il-2 classis markers when you have nothing, dot, plane name, colored plane name depending on distance, but... I don't relaly want to make it promote it. Probably I'll host such a mission for an evening or two to collect feedback and all, but i would'nt like to make spotting too arcadish. Current labels are already a copmpromize

Куплю B-17, можно B-24. B-29 не предлагать!

Burning Skies

=Burning Skies= @ Facebook

No need in other markers. VR pilots just need another aproach tacticks for IDing the spotted contact. And Im considering any contact as a foe, just in case...

All recommendations gratefully received.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Could simply make the labels so, that they dont display anything, until a given plane is within Visual ID distance, so say 8000 feet. Each side then has a dark faint color, blue and red (for example 35, 0, 0), that blends, so the closer the target is, the easier it will be to see - should still be relative faint though. Needs experimenting, but then be at its strongest around 4000 feet (feels like thats the current spotting blind spot), and from there fade out again to around 500 feet, where the label then disappears again.

And this is just a dot ( . ), and small font, like 9 - default 13 is quite large in both VR and monitor. 9 is a good size for VR, and barely visible on a monitor.

Been in my head for a while, but I never gave it a shot. Maybe this is a good excuse to do so, and I can then post it here, and see if its something worth pursuing.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Here is an example, a concept if you like.

Its implemented in the attached test mission. Just a bunch of WWII birds heading towards each other.

Initially the label isnt showing, only the generic dot. At 8km the label will appear, faint, and black.

At 4km it will start blending in color. At 2km the color will be at its strongest - still faint, and from there on it will all fade out somewhat again.

Blue is harder to see, so basicly, if you dont see any red, well then its allied.

Using 7 font, works even better I think. Less intrusive, and pretty much invisible on a monitor.

All 4 aircraft types can be chosen, air start.

Make sure labels are on in options.

The label.lua is attached too.

WWII label work.miz

Labels.lua

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Hi eekz, hi gents,

i like the labels as they are in the moment, remamber me a little bit on 1946, makes finding some one mutch easyer, but you can be spoted also more easy. So watch your six more, or die :thumbup:. How it is for VR i dont know as i dont have one. But making ID over color or some other "markings" now over the maximum on labels we have now on Burning Skies would be to mutch acarde or warthunder like, i think.

I think, that the lables in the moment are for the "normal" user without VR, a thing between good - perfect and to mutch, depends on system and settings and age :music_whistling::lol:.

regards

Little_D

1./JG2_Little_D

Staffelkapitän

1./Jagdgeschwader 2 "Richthofen"

"Go for the leader, if you can. The path is the goal, the kill the result."

"The one who has 12, leads. The one who has six, follows."

YouTube Channel: 1./JG2 Filmkanal

^ AGREED. No need for colors IMHO. Treat every aircraft like an enemy until its positively IDd. And if hes close enough to shoot at you, your probably close enough to shoot back.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

hi,

IMO these new labels are tooo large, no chance to surprise enemy and huge advantade for P-51 drivers.

I really took advantage of them during my two todyas flights, but i still think they are big.

F-15E | F-14A/B

hi,

IMO these new labels are tooo large, no chance to surprise enemy and huge advantade for P-51 drivers.

I really took advantage of them during my two todyas flights, but i still think they are big.

We could already see people modding their icons to be like that. So it is only leveling the playing field. And remember, we only had missions in perfect sunny conditions.

I have not flown with them yet, but I think that spotting in DCS is realy broken. So it is better that every one can see than when some people can and some can't at all, and start to cheat :/

But I am realy against full labels and colors, that's too arcadey.

Edited by Solty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

The only idea I have is to tune marker colors for coalitions, or make Il-2 classis markers when you have nothing, dot, plane name, colored plane name depending on distance, but... I don't relaly want to make it promote it. Probably I'll host such a mission for an evening or two to collect feedback and all, but i would'nt like to make spotting too arcadish. Current labels are already a copmpromize

as a VR user ... only colored dots are enough :thumbup:

the name plane and distance are too much in flight !! really :music_whistling:

and for symbol --> a dot is better than a bar !

Edited by JallieFR

Clevo Sager - i7 6700-K 4.0Ghz OC@4.4Ghz - RAM 32GB DDR4 - VIDEO Nvidia 980 GTX 8Go - XFi SoundBlaster

VR with Oculus Rift - KGB Gunfighter-Pro + Cougar Gaz + Simped + volant T300 + pédalier LeoBodnar

as a VR user ... only colored dots are enough :thumbup:

the name plane and distance are too much in flight !! really :music_whistling:

and for symbol --> a dot is better than a bar !

No dude. Its not like we non VR players can tell what plane we are chasing from more than 600m. This is part of the combat. Get close and ID your target. You can tell by the shape of the plane, don't expect colors to play any part in this.

Or if it is such a nuisance, abandon VR.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

hi,

:thumbup:

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

hi,

still gotta look in the right direction, u can still sneak up on people but its harder...