Getting the best performance in VR

Highwayman-Ed

Hey guys,

I've been tinkering and tweaking with the settings in 2.1 to try and get the best balance for performance and visuals, and these are where I've found the best results, so I thought I'd share them here. I do have a pretty powerful computer however, check my Signature for the specs, so your mileage may vary.

If you have other settings that work well for you, do the same post them up and explain how they help for your rig. Happy flying!

1. NVidia Profiler settings

As Wags pointed out in his post this morning, use these settings to enable AA and AF and use the Differed lighting in game. It made a great impact on both visuals and performance for me.

DCS%20Profiler%20Settings_zpsax9t4lbm.png

2. In Game Settings

As per Wags post, set AA and AF to zero in game and I've found these choices work best for me.

DCS%20Settings_zpsgtnkpnsl.png

3. Force ASW on

This made the biggest difference for me and got rid of the ghosting and juddering associated with low level flight and looking out the side of the aircraft.

DCS%20ASW%20Settings_zpsyzcvat95.png

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Try turning the "Deferred shading off" you may also want to drop some of the other settings down a bit as well.

<edit>

See Here

Edited by FragBum
<edit>

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

That would be super - if DCS gave two hoots what I set in nVidia Inspector - which it doesn't.

Guess it only works on certain systems/GPU's - not a GTX1080ti OC it seems.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]