Chuck's Mirage 2000C Guide

Charly_Owl

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Chuck! Another wonderful guide! As always!!

Pain is weakness leaving your body...

My Hangar:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

- CPU: Intel Core i9-9900KF @ 3.60GHz to 5.00GHz

- MB: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO Z390

- GPU: ASUS STRIX RTX 2080 SUPER OC 8GB

- RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (8GB x4)

- Storage: 1TB SSD Samsung 860 EVO 1TB

- PSU: ASUS ROG THOR 850W

- Monitor: ASUS ROG XG248Q

- Case: ASUS ROG HELIOS

- Mouse: ASUS ROG CHAKRAM

- Keyboard: ASUS ROG STRIX FLARE

- Headset ASUS ROG DELTA

- Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog SN #95039

Awesome, thanks.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Always great work!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Thanks Chuck, great work! The checklist from this M2000 manual has the Batt TRN Alt1 and Alt2 all being switched on as the first item. Dassault/mirage2000/manuel-pilote Page 127. I know you must at least have the Batt and TRN on for the parking brake to work as the engine accelerates past idle during start otherwise you lurch forward.

Edited by wingnut

:thumbup:[sIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/27wvRIj.png[/sIGPIC]

Thanks Chuck! The checklist from the real M2000 has the Batt TRN Alt1 and Alt2 all being switched on as the first item. Dassault/mirage2000/manuel-pilote Page 127. I know you must at least have the Batt and TRN on for the parking brake to work as the engine accelerates past idle during start otherwise you lurch forward.

You're correct. Without thinking, I took the notes I had from Wags' tutorial way back in the days... I forgot to update it. Fixed.

I have a question on the VTH power switch. The guide says that the up position is TEST but elsewhere on the forums someone mentioned that it was for a landing mode. Which is it? I've been landing with it in the UP position for some time now.

Well they're wrong. Check page 84/131 of the real Dassault Mirage manual http://www.avialogs.com/en/aircraft/france/dassault/mirage2000/manuel-pilote-mirage-2000-c.html . The switch UP position is to test. It has nothing to do with landing as far as I know.

I love you man! :notworthy::beer:

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

Thanks Chuck you saved my Bacon, this is exactly what i needed. You should have a paypal account so we could show you a token of our appreciation!

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

Well this is going on my cellphone, like right away. Ive pretty much got a handle on startup, takeoff, landing, and even a little bit of weapons employment but it doesn't hurt to get as familiar with the aircraft as possible.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Thanks! This should be official Quick Manual :)

Asus Prime X570-P * Ryzen 5800X3D + Scythe Fuma cooler * RTX 3080 TUF OC 10Gb * Corsair 64GB DDR4 3600MHz * Samsung 980 pro 1Tb + 2Tb nvme * Samsung 850 EVO 512Gb SSD * Corsair RM850x V2/2018 * HP Reverb G2 * CH Fighterstick/Pedals/Throttle * Win11

Well they're wrong. Check page 84/131 of the real Dassault Mirage manual http://www.avialogs.com/en/aircraft/france/dassault/mirage2000/manuel-pilote-mirage-2000-c.html . The switch UP position is to test. It has nothing to do with landing as far as I know.

+1. The Test position should be instable, BTW. Little fix (non urgent) to make.

= = = =

A few remarks about this very nice guide:

Page 9 a (very) important item is missing in the mapping: the AP standby. On the M2000, the principle is to always have the basic AP On (except for T/O & landing) and the AP standby is on the stick so that:

- pilot grabs stick = he presses the AP standby => he has controls (AP is amber)

- pilot releases stick = AP standby is depressed => AP takes control (AP is green)

I mapped this on the trigger at the bottom of the warthog stick; not perfect, but best I found.

Page 15, right one of two inners rotary should be left/right consoles backlight (Banquettes means lateral consoles). There is an inversion in DCS for the moment (bug to fix) between dashboard and console backlight rotaries. Oh, and Pl de bord is short for Planche, not Panel.

Page 16, there is no PCIE on our plane (that was for test aircraft only, and yes the french manual write about them). This is the IFF interrogator panel (not implemented eigher; for now?)

The rotary right of the LL switch is for selecting decoys programm, it's not related to IFF.

Start-up procedure, item 28: there is no need to use the D2M switch, as the aircraft is not equipped with it.

DDM are mounted at the back of the (longer version) MAGIC pylons. IRL seen on Mirage 2000D and 2000N. Not on 2000C even if nothing should prevent it if need be. Short pylon (no DDM) in DCS.

Here are pics of pylons without (top) and with (bottom) DDM: http://florent1973.free.fr/FrenchAirWings/francais/walk%20around/autres_charges/Rail_Magic_Mirage2000/w_rail_magic_Mirage2000_2.htm

Will come back later if more remarks, must go to work :)

++

Az'

spacer.png

very good work as always chuck. A nice reference quick guide

I loved your introduction about comics ! ;-)

RUDDER (DEADZONE AT 0, SATURATION X AT 100, SATURATION Y AT 100, CURVATURE AT 0)

can try it with saturation at 70 it's quite good.

In landing mode I used to think that what you call "14 DEGREES AOA

Bracket" is the recommanded speed. I'll have a look on that one.

P.S ( I would have loved your guides shouldn't in horizontal format to use part of them in kneeboard, but it should be a hard work to repaging all that stuff)

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals