M-60's Has anyone ever noticed this?

Zimmerdylan

OK......I have flown in many a Huey in my day. Back in the early 1980's I probably flew 2 times a week, or at the very least, once every couple of weeks. But that was over 30 years ago.

But in all those years, I never remembered an M-60 that had handles and a lever. It's kind of like our Huey has a bastardized door gun that's half Browning .50 cal. and half M-60. I just wish it had the punch of the .50.......

This has always been something that I noticed but never thought to ask about until just now.

Is the DCS M-60 like this because it would be much more complicated to model the gunner in the shoulder posture?

Just curious. :dunno:

• 2 weeks later...

I served in the 1990's. I recall in high Tier FORSCOM units (10th, 25th, 24th, 82nd, 101, and associated 18th ABN Corps), and Avn. Bats UH-60, UH-1(N.Guard), and CH-47 crews used M240 series for self protection. M-60 was still there in many National Guard armories, and was widespread in TRADOC units. High readyness active duty units converted to M240.

did anyone notice the sound of M-60 is a bit weird? I mean watch the peacemaker heli scene when devoe tells them to shoot back, the sound is completely off.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.